XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 45710 times)

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: YouTube_d1sable
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box
« Reply #975 on: 12:47 AM - 07/03/19 »
Picked this up to give it a go.

First the software profiles were blank and i had an endless refresh wheel  when trying to configure then when Azeron sent me latest patch (v30 i think) it seems to work now but i can't be sure.

Only reason i got this was for the analogue stick to work better with AA.

I went to the analogue stick options left as default and saved it but im not sure if it is actually in analogue mode on console as when i try to move diagonally it seems to only really go up down left right.

Can anyone advise? Is this how it normally feels? Am i in fact in analogue mode but just need to tweak it?

Thanks.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #976 on: 02:14 AM - 07/03/19 »
Check to see if there are two lit LEDs near the logo which indicates joystick mode. Press the button under the LEDs if only one is lit.

Joystick mode should feel just like an analog stick on a console controller with complete freedom of movement. The other mode will feel more like 8-directional digital input.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #977 on: 03:29 AM - 07/03/19 »
Picked this up to give it a go.

First the software profiles were blank and i had an endless refresh wheel  when trying to configure then when Azeron sent me latest patch (v30 i think) it seems to work now but i can't be sure.

Only reason i got this was for the analogue stick to work better with AA.

I went to the analogue stick options left as default and saved it but im not sure if it is actually in analogue mode on console as when i try to move diagonally it seems to only really go up down left right.

Can anyone advise? Is this how it normally feels? Am i in fact in analogue mode but just need to tweak it?

Thanks.
There was a 2 firmware's witch one did You use?

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: 04:18 AM - 07/03/19 »
Only tried the Xim Firmware so far.

Haven't tried pressing the button for joystick mode (its a compact) so maybe thats it? I thought those 2 red buttons were for profile switches.

Ill try again tonight (in around 8 hours time) and report back. Thanks again for the help so far.

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #979 on: 05:42 AM - 07/03/19 »

Haven't tried pressing the button for joystick mode (its a compact) so maybe thats it? I thought those 2 red buttons were for profile switches.

Ill try again tonight (in around 8 hours time) and report back. Thanks again for the help so far.
In case You can try out previous version firmware like v24  You can download it in our page.

Offline Rain1dog

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Rain1dog
« Reply #980 on: 04:43 PM - 07/05/19 »
I was just looking to buy a logitech g13 but saw this instead and it looks amazing.  Unfortunately for me but fortunately for you gals/guys you are so back logged you all have stopped taking orders...? Any idea when you all might start back up?

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: 07:04 AM - 07/06/19 »

In case You can try out previous version firmware like v24  You can download it in our page.

Ok I've had some more time to look at this, i still don't know for sure if its in analogue mode but perhaps u guys could help. If i push fwd on the stick just a little it does move forward and walking pace so i assume that must mean its on analogue mode as digital it would be 100% or nothing right?

Im using the xim firmware

Can anyone give me some deadzone / sensitivity settings for the stick to try as it still feels like diagonals are not working properly. Can notice it very much on apex legends or blops 4 game menus.

Offline link575

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: LoneWolf575
« Reply #982 on: 09:51 AM - 07/06/19 »

Ok I've had some more time to look at this, i still don't know for sure if its in analogue mode but perhaps u guys could help. If i push fwd on the stick just a little it does move forward and walking pace so i assume that must mean its on analogue mode as digital it would be 100% or nothing right?

Can anyone give me some deadzone / sensitivity settings for the stick to try as it still feels like diagonals are not working properly. Can notice it very much on apex legends or blops 4 game menus.

I might be wrong as I've just started using one too but I believe you can't configure things in the W11cE firmware, you would need to go back to the stack Azeron fw. I saw you were having problems with blank profiles, I had that too. What I did was completely delete the Azeron software and installed the older 6.3 software which gave me back my profiles. I then installed the 9.3 on top of that. For the Azeron fw I installed the older v24 and then the 9.3 software prompted me to update the fw to 28 which it did for me. After that everything was fixed. I hope that made sense.

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #983 on: 12:01 PM - 07/06/19 »

I might be wrong as I've just started using one too but I believe you can't configure things in the W11cE firmware, you would need to go back to the stack Azeron fw. I saw you were having problems with blank profiles, I had that too. What I did was completely delete the Azeron software and installed the older 6.3 software which gave me back my profiles. I then installed the 9.3 on top of that. For the Azeron fw I installed the older v24 and then the 9.3 software prompted me to update the fw to 28 which it did for me. After that everything was fixed. I hope that made sense.
I did send to him a next firmware/software version, and we did build in our own XIM firmware (You can switch from Normal to XIM firmware into software), so there is just joystick mode and we did keep possibility to adjust angle, dadzone and sensitivity.
Settings, deadzone 30 and 250 and sensitivity 3-5. Angle is Your personal preference.

Offline link575

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: LoneWolf575
« Reply #984 on: 12:22 PM - 07/06/19 »
Oh interesting, any idea when the new software will go on the site?

Offline Rain1dog

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Rain1dog
« Reply #985 on: 12:23 PM - 07/06/19 »
Any idea when they will be back kn stock?

Offline burnttoast

• View Profile
« Reply #986 on: 09:20 AM - 07/09/19 »

Theres quite an easy way to tell, when you map the buttons in apex manager are they showing as K1 K2 K3 etc. or J1 J2 J3 etc. ?

I play in keyboard mode with the joystick set to analog - just feels better for some reason

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: 01:16 PM - 07/09/19 »

Theres quite an easy way to tell, when you map the buttons in apex manager are they showing as K1 K2 K3 etc. or J1 J2 J3 etc. ?

I play in keyboard mode with the joystick set to analog - just feels better for some reason

Ah interesting it shows J1 2 3 etc when i press the keys so does that mean its in Analogue mode?

Offline burnttoast

• View Profile
« Reply #988 on: 01:38 PM - 07/09/19 »

Ah interesting it shows J1 2 3 etc when i press the keys so does that mean its in Analogue mode?

I had all the same issues when I first got mine, I will post my exact set up with deadzones, angle and sens when i get home

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: 02:44 PM - 07/09/19 »

I had all the same issues when I first got mine, I will post my exact set up with deadzones, angle and sens when i get home

That would be awesome, thx