XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 45784 times)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box
« Reply #960 on: 04:47 PM - 06/26/19 »
Try the W11cE firmware from the Azeron downloads page.

Also, I haven't forgotten about the guide Imants. I'm busy preparing for a site relaunch this weekend and will get onto it early next week :)

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Carellano84

• View Profile
« Reply #961 on: 05:03 PM - 06/26/19 »
I tried the w11ce firmware and it does the same thing.  Feels like it stutters or freezes when strafing.   Gonna try to mess with it a little more if not it's going up for sale lol.  Great quality just @#$% software

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #962 on: 05:34 PM - 06/26/19 »
How old is the Azeron? You can get a replacement analog stick on more recent versions. The stick in the Compact and newer originals is excellent, so you may have a faulty stick.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #963 on: 11:26 PM - 06/26/19 »
I tried the w11ce firmware and it does the same thing.  Feels like it stutters or freezes when strafing.   Gonna try to mess with it a little more if not it's going up for sale lol.  Great quality just @#$% software
First, it is doing same thing when connected to PC or just on XIM?
Second, have You play around with deadzone settings (Upper deadzone is good from 250-350)
Third, If that is a bad stick, You can send keypad back and I will fix that or I could send You a replacement stick.

Offline Carellano84

• View Profile
« Reply #964 on: 04:40 PM - 06/27/19 »
Members from azeron group on Facebook posted some of their settings and it  helped out greatly.  Its smooth now.  Now I just gotta find a way to make the palm rest not be so slippery.   Settings that worked for me are. Angle 30 - deadzones 30-250 and sensitivity 15.  These settings were on firmware V28.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #965 on: 05:10 PM - 06/27/19 »
By slippery do you mean the whole device moves around on the desk? Try some Blu-Tac on the bottom to hold it in place.

Offline Carellano84

• View Profile
« Reply #966 on: 10:29 PM - 06/27/19 »
The palmrest is just hard smooth plastic and it feels like my hand slides around a bit.  Thinking of coating with some sort of rubbery compound.

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #967 on: 11:52 PM - 06/27/19 »
The palmrest is just hard smooth plastic and it feels like my hand slides around a bit.  Thinking of coating with some sort of rubbery compound.
I did use Plasti Dip Rubber Coating Spray it had really good feeling but it did tear off after some time, but if You a ready to reapply it, You can give a shot.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #968 on: 02:09 AM - 06/28/19 »
I'm selling my Azeron (red, compact). If anyone's interested, PM me.

P.S. The Azeron is a quality piece of kit, I just can't get used to moving with my thumb! :)
« Last Edit: 04:46 AM - 06/28/19 by ceebs »

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Gigabyte Aorus, Audio Technica AD700, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend![/s]

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: 07:20 AM - 06/28/19 »

If you are going to be coating it with something, you could maybe try giving the rest a light rub with a coarse abrasive paper before you try. It might make it feel less slippy ... but if it doesn't help, it will still make whatever you are going to coat it with adhere better, so there's no harm in trying.

I raised the height of my palm rest by using mouldable plastic pellets, and when it was set I gave it a rub with abrasive paper to take the sheen off it and my hand never moves. Have to do it lightly so you don't heat up the plastic or it gets gooey.

Offline tsdbhg

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xolhid
  • PSN ID: xolhid
« Reply #970 on: 05:23 PM - 06/28/19 »
I did use Plasti Dip Rubber Coating Spray it had really good feeling but it did tear off after some time, but if You a ready to reapply it, You can give a shot.

Maybe a primer coat will help it last and stay on longer

Offline burnttoast

• View Profile
« Reply #971 on: 02:33 PM - 07/02/19 »
I'm selling my Azeron (red, compact). If anyone's interested, PM me.

P.S. The Azeron is a quality piece of kit, I just can't get used to moving with my thumb! :)

I sent you a DM

Offline link575

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: LoneWolf575
« Reply #972 on: 06:24 PM - 07/02/19 »
Hey guys, I'm having a bit of trouble with my Azeron. I switched to the XIM firmware to try it out and when I realized I didn't like the angle of the stick I tried to switch back. Now I'm having problems with the software recognizing the keypad and all the profiles in the software are blank. Any ideas?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #973 on: 06:26 PM - 07/02/19 »
I originally swapped to the W11cE firmware because my profiles were nuked by the Azeron. I'm not sure how to reset the FW to factory default, but there's likely a simple process. I'm fine with it as is, so haven't bothered.

Offline link575

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: LoneWolf575
« Reply #974 on: 06:29 PM - 07/02/19 »
Hm, alright I guess I'll live with the W11cE firmware for now. It's not bad i just wanted to tweak the analog stick angle just a tiny bit.

Edit: In case others have this problem I fixed it by going back to an earlier FW and then allowing the most current software update the Azeron rather than trying to flash the newest FW manually.
« Last Edit: 07:52 PM - 07/02/19 by link575 »