XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 52979 times)

Offline Neo1089

• View Profile
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box
« Reply #945 on: 10:52 PM - 06/11/19 »
I'm selling it at -20% of retail price from the etsy shop! if interested PM me
Might want to double-check your spelling - 20% off sounds more likely ;)

I agree - the flat wrist-rest is the safer, more comfortable option.
Hehehe you are right, small mistake  :D
Besides the wrist rest, the thing for me is, there are too many buttons all together, like having basically 3buttons on each finger (press, pull and push) it s too much, I would get lost, and also it s really strange for me to keep my hand flat like that on the Azeron, it just doesnít feel right!
But one thing I must say( Iím really impressed with the build quality of the Azeron, especially after finding out this guy is making them by himself!!! More quality than big brands products!

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #946 on: 10:25 AM - 06/13/19 »
I would like to ask if someone could make a quick tutorial "How to set up Azeron in XIM" As I don't have a XIM (and consoles) and I cannot do that. That would be very helpful for less experienced new Azeron / XIM users. Screenshots with comments or pfd would be great. Thank You

Offline tsdbhg

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xolhid
  • PSN ID: xolhid
« Reply #947 on: 02:54 PM - 06/13/19 »
if someone is interested, I m selling my Azeron!

I bought the Compact version, with the curved rest hand, and it's Orange color.

The Azeron is brand new, never been plugged into my xim or never been turned on.

I bought it, when it arrived, I just put my hand on it, and I felt right away that this wasn't for me! It would be too strange for me to control my inputs with the hand placed like that, so I'll stick to Sony Nav and Keyboard!

I'm selling it at -20% of retail price from the etsy shop! if interested PM me
I sent you a PM with my email.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #948 on: 04:52 PM - 06/13/19 »
I would like to ask if someone could make a quick tutorial "How to set up Azeron in XIM" As I don't have a XIM (and consoles) and I cannot do that. That would be very helpful for less experienced new Azeron / XIM users. Screenshots with comments or pfd would be great. Thank You
I'll do over the weekend, unless someone else beats me to it :)

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #949 on: 10:47 PM - 06/13/19 »
I'll do over the weekend, unless someone else beats me to it :)
Thank You, I really appreciate Your help.

Offline Abdulrahman

• View Profile
« Reply #950 on: 08:21 PM - 06/14/19 »
Hi guys ,
Can i ask what 5 way directional switch do ?
Also is it easy to learn the azeron software ? I way photos and it seems hard  :) , is there quick tutorial to learn it ?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #951 on: 11:14 PM - 06/14/19 »
The 5-way switch means a 4-way d-pad that's also a clickable button.

You don't need to use the software at all, unless the default analog stick directions feel off. I use the W11cE firmware instead (available on the Azeron downloads page). W11cE's version has no options, but works 100% fine.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline tsdbhg

• View Profile
« Reply #952 on: 03:01 AM - 06/15/19 »

You don't need to use the software at all, unless the default analog stick directions feel off. I use the W11cE firmware instead (available on the Azeron downloads page). W11cE's version has no options, but works 100% fine.

Are the options even necessary when used with a Xim? Is the Xim firmware even needed when the Azeron is connected via PC using a transfer cable and Xim Link?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #953 on: 03:23 AM - 06/15/19 »
It's not XIM firmware, it's W11cE's code is for the Azeron's analog stick.

I believe W11cE originally wrote it for a modified Nostromo (?). The code runs on a Teensy board, which is also used for the Azeron, so it was a pretty easy transfer.

Azeron runs natively when connected to either PC or XIM. I run W11cE over the official Azeron firmware as I had problems with profiles corrupting. It may have been corrected in subsequent FW, but I haven't seen the need to update.

Offline tsdbhg

• View Profile
« Reply #954 on: 04:30 AM - 06/15/19 »
It's not XIM firmware, it's W11cE's code is for the Azeron's analog stick.

I believe W11cE originally wrote it for a modified Nostromo (?). The code runs on a Teensy board, which is also used for the Azeron, so it was a pretty easy transfer.

Azeron runs natively when connected to either PC or XIM. I run W11cE over the official Azeron firmware as I had problems with profiles corrupting. It may have been corrected in subsequent FW, but I haven't seen the need to update.

I am fully aware it is not an actual firmware for Xim. You took that out of context. If you go to the Azeron software section the replacement firmware is labeled as "Simple firmware for XIM [W11ces]". I know it is a replacement firmware for the Azeron so XIM users get some unlisted benefit. I know what a teensy is. I have 2 for my DIY analog mods on my Orbweaver.

I didn't really get an answer for my questions. You said there are no options when using W11ces firmware.
Are there any useful options from the Azeron Firmware/Software that Xim Manager can't provide? Even if connected via transfer cable from PC?
« Last Edit: 12:16 PM - 06/15/19 by tsdbhg »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #955 on: 01:59 AM - 06/16/19 »
Azeron can adjust the inner and outer deadzones, along with the angle of the analog stick (and some other stuff I've not bothered to use).

It's stored on-board and doesn't require a PC connection. No, there's no value in connecting to an Azeron via XIM Link. And yes, the XIM can take advantage of the settings store on-board the Azeron.

Offline Abdulrahman

• View Profile
« Reply #956 on: 04:04 AM - 06/16/19 »

Yes i want something easy too like W11cE firmware but im afraid that Manual setup or new firmware is better and give more performance what you think ? Still didnt get mine to test btw  :)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #957 on: 06:06 AM - 06/16/19 »
Azeron firmware offers more features, but not better performance. All the device needs to do is register movement and button presses.

Offline Abdulrahman

• View Profile
« Reply #958 on: 11:15 PM - 06/18/19 »
How long you guys waited from imants shipped azeron until you got it ?
MIne shipped 7jun and now 19jun tracking says its left riga .

Offline Carellano84

• View Profile
« Reply #959 on: 03:20 PM - 06/26/19 »
Anyone figure out good setting for classic Azeron.  Im having thumbstick issues with every firmware.  Feels like thumbstick gets stuck or delayed response time.  Very annoyed with the software.   Makes me want to go back to my logitech g13 lol