XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 49865 times)

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box
« Reply #900 on: 01:45 PM - 05/27/19 »
Does anyone know if the joystick direction can be adjusted? Like if I wanted forward, like 15 more to the left, and pretty much move everything else 15 left.  I'm not liking the default direction just feels weird and throws me off.
Yes it's pretty simple to adjust the stick angle if you are using the Azeron software ... it must be simple if I can do it  ;)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #901 on: 03:19 PM - 05/27/19 »
Does anyone know if the joystick direction can be adjusted? Like if I wanted forward, like 15 more to the left, and pretty much move everything else 15 left.  I'm not liking the default direction just feels weird and throws me off.
Also make sure you're using joystick mode. I personally use W11cE's firmware which doesn't have adjustable deadzones and it seems fine at default.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline THE-MARAVINGY

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: ApocalypticWesal
« Reply #902 on: 09:01 AM - 05/28/19 »
So far out of the box not great, spent 4 hrs trying to get it working to some small degree of success but all of the buttons on my middle finger branch are not registering a loss of 4 buttons.

Without that branch its a no go for me back in the box and on the shelf.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #903 on: 03:38 PM - 05/28/19 »
So far out of the box not great, spent 4 hrs trying to get it working to some small degree of success but all of the buttons on my middle finger branch are not registering a loss of 4 buttons.

Let Imants (Azeron) know, he'll fix it.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: 06:10 PM - 05/28/19 »
I'm looking into give it a try to Azeron. Compact seems to be the model for consoles.

Now there is more players using it, I have a question for you specially for the ones like me that we are hard-rooted the WASD scheme.

How you jump? while still have full movement, which button do you use for it?

on WASD space is the go-to, on Orbweaver for me is the small button on top of the stick.

That was the one thing I can't never get used to on the G13.

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: KAMPR-
« Reply #905 on: 10:10 PM - 05/28/19 »
Also make sure you're using joystick mode. I personally use W11cE's firmware which doesn't have adjustable deadzones and it seems fine at default.

How do I know if Im on joystick mode? One LED on or two?
XiM3R since ever since.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #906 on: 11:35 PM - 05/28/19 »
Two LEDs and the buttons will register as joystick buttons in XIM Manager.

Offline THE-MARAVINGY

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: ApocalypticWesal
« Reply #907 on: 01:55 AM - 05/29/19 »

Let Imants (Azeron) know, he'll fix it.

Yeah all sorted thanks their FB page is great for instant help he will respond to your question or problem in a matter of minutes.
Just ended up being a slightly loose screw on the neg wire for that tower.

Offline Abdulrahman

• View Profile
« Reply #908 on: 02:57 AM - 05/29/19 »

A lot of people complain about azeron quality is it bad 💔 ?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #909 on: 03:42 AM - 05/29/19 »
The quality isn't bad at all, however keep in mind that it's a hand-made, 3D-printed device.

If you look after your gear, Azeron will treat you well. If you're heavy-handed, it's unlikely to keep up with the physical stress.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: 03:47 AM - 05/29/19 »
Yeah don't throw it. But try to ask Belkin or Razer for a broken part. Imants will sell you a new one. For a 3D print its great quality. How much parts does it have btw? 50?
Crusade atm: none

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #911 on: 03:58 AM - 05/29/19 »
I'm looking into give it a try to Azeron. Compact seems to be the model for consoles.

Now there is more players using it, I have a question for you specially for the ones like me that we are hard-rooted the WASD scheme.

How you jump? while still have full movement, which button do you use for it?

on WASD space is the go-to, on Orbweaver for me is the small button on top of the stick.

That was the one thing I can't never get used to on the G13.
Index pull for Jump (Cross button), middle pull for Crouch (Circle), index tap right for Swap Weapon (Triangle), ring finger pull for Sprint (L3), index fingernail for L1, ring fingernail for R1.
Shoot & ADS on L & R click, Melee is scroll up & index press down, Reload / Interact is scroll down (tap Square) & middle click (hold Square).
The buttons on the top of the towers are Share, PS, Options & Touch-click.
Press down for ring and pinky are used to cycle through XIM profiles.
D-pad on the 5-way stick (a game-changer from the original Azeron).

The only game that doesn't feel comfortable with this scheme is Fortnite due to the need to hit L1 and R1 more often than other games. As an accursed left-hander, I don't have the luxury of right-side buttons on my preferred mice for L1 & R1, so I stick with a kb for FN.

A few other things I had to work around -

1. I originally had Square mapped to index tap right (tap left in my case) and it's comfortable there, but it knocks the Azeron around more than I'd like (it needs Blu-Tac on the bottom to stop moving on the desk). My G305 scroll wheel down is unreliable for Weapon Swap and I want to be able to keep shooting while swapping weapons as much as possible, so Triangle swapped places with Square (Reload / Interact on scroll down & middle click).

2. Melee still has me a little troubled. I like scroll up, but it means a physical lag between shooting and melee while the finger moves from one button to the other. I've double-bound melee to index press down so I can shoot and melee at the same time.

3. I find there's no need for a dedicated L1+R1 mapping in Black Ops 4 or Destiny as the L1 & R1 fingernail presses are very reliable. That freed up some secondary binding slots in XIM Manager.

Definitely go with the Compact, the tall Azeron tower buttons are too clumsy to be reliable in the heat of battle. Your fingers need to move from flexion to full extension (a very slow movement) and chances are another button will be hit along the path.
« Last Edit: 04:26 AM - 05/29/19 by antithesis »

Offline tsdbhg

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xolhid
  • PSN ID: xolhid
« Reply #912 on: 07:22 AM - 05/29/19 »
At 2:11am CST I received an email and thankfully I was awake.  Azeron is available to order! Within seconds I am on the website and notice only 13 are available to order. I immediately order mine. I go to bed a few minutes later. I wake up at 6:13am CST to take a bio-break and decide to check availability... Sold out!

Waited nearly a month for a day with no specific time frame with less than a 4 hour window to purchase... This man really needs to expand manufacturing. He has no idea how much business he is missing.
« Last Edit: 10:32 AM - 05/29/19 by tsdbhg »

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: 08:21 AM - 05/29/19 »
At 2:11am CST I received an email and thankfully I was awake.  Azeron is available to order. Within seconds I am on the website and notice only 13 are available to order. I immediately order mine. I go to bed a few minutes later. I wake up at 6:13am CST to take a bio-break and decide to check availability... Sold out!

This man really needs to expand manufacturing. He has no idea how much business he is missing.
It's his baby, his invention and he doesn't "need" to expand manufacturing, people might want him to expand, but if this is how Imants wants to work then accept it.
How can we reasonably expect him to do this when he is still listening and taking onboard suggestions and ways to make it better?

Offline tsdbhg

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xolhid
  • PSN ID: xolhid
« Reply #914 on: 09:23 AM - 05/29/19 »
At 2:11am CST I received an email and thankfully I was awake.  Azeron is available to order. Within seconds I am on the website and notice only 13 are available to order. I immediately order mine. I go to bed a few minutes later. I wake up at 6:13am CST to take a bio-break and decide to check availability... Sold out!

This man really needs to expand manufacturing. He has no idea how much business he is missing.
It's his baby, his invention and he doesn't "need" to expand manufacturing, people might want him to expand, but if this is how Imants wants to work then accept it.
How can we reasonably expect him to do this when he is still listening and taking onboard suggestions and ways to make it better?

I respect personal decisions, but there is a major flaw with your logic.

Manufacturers of nearly all electronics are constantly making mid cycle revisions while still selling abundantly. Also there are numerous products that have made enough changes to warrant a generation leap. Just because he is still making changes does not mean the product is not ready for mass production. If products are not released because there are still changes being made, then nothing will ever be released.
« Last Edit: 11:36 AM - 05/29/19 by tsdbhg »