XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 46053 times)

Offline tsdbhg

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xolhid
  • PSN ID: xolhid
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box
« Reply #885 on: 11:46 PM - 05/06/19 »
Man I wish I could buy one of these @#$% things. I keep checking every day for the last month and every time I do it is sold out. You would think the manufacturer of a highly demanded item would figure that out.
Azeron is not a manufacturer, it's a guy 3D-printing from a workshop in Latvia. He's doing the best he can with the resources he has.

I know Azeron is not the manufacturer. That wasn't my point. Manufacturing something this simple can be licensed to multiple 3rd party manufacturers. In business when supply doesn't meet demand that is what you do. Make more money from turnover vs limiting supply.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #886 on: 01:13 AM - 05/07/19 »
Except Latvia. Again, he's doing the best he can with the tools at his disposal.

When he's happy Azeron's design is locked down (it's been fluid to date), he'll no doubt talk to a supplier. However, they'll likely ask for a much larger order than can be easily afforded, so a Kickstarter campaign might be the way to go.

Until then, just keep trying.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Neo1089

• View Profile
« Reply #887 on: 06:32 AM - 05/07/19 »
Hello, I just got a notification that my Azeron compact has arrived!
So as soon as I get home I'll start using it.

I have a question, I only play Fortnite on ps4 (currently I use Sony Nav + g502)

Do I need to do something special to set the Azeron up?
Or is it just enough to plug it in into my xim apex, assign keybinds to it from the Xim manager and start playing with it??

Not sure because I read around something about updating the firmware?

Could someone please tell me all the steps needed to be ready to play with the Azeron on the xim apex?

Thank you very much

Offline Abdulrahman

• View Profile
« Reply #888 on: 11:04 AM - 05/07/19 »
Hey neo1089

Can you tell us when you order it and when it shipped ?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #889 on: 03:22 PM - 05/07/19 »
Azeron's plug-and-play on XIM Apex. Just make sure to use joystick mode (the button near the logo).

Fortnite's the only game I'd rather use a kb than Azeron because I can't bind roof and floor to a mouse (left-handed) and building is not comfortable where I bind my L1 and R1 on Azeron.

But if you're using a Nav, the Azeron is an improvement.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline Neo1089

• View Profile
« Reply #890 on: 02:14 AM - 05/08/19 »
Hey neo1089

ordered the Azeron Compact on the 28.03, it was shipped the 23.04, and it arrived the 07.05

Offline Neo1089

• View Profile
« Reply #891 on: 02:20 AM - 05/08/19 »
Azeron's plug-and-play on XIM Apex. Just make sure to use joystick mode (the button near the logo).

Fortnite's the only game I'd rather use a kb than Azeron because I can't bind roof and floor to a mouse (left-handed) and building is not comfortable where I bind my L1 and R1 on Azeron.

Ok, I use roof and floor on the mouse, anyway yesterday I didnt have time to test it out, but I unpacked the Azeron and tried it a little bit with my hand.

To be honest, from the 5minutes I simulated with my hand playing, I'm not sure it will be confortable for me!

It's 3 years that I'm using the sony Nav, and I jump in fortnite with the Nav back trigger (L2), and I enter in build mode with the back button (L1),

and it seems to me that there isnt a good button on the Azeron where I Could bind my jump and use it comfortably, as when I play fortnite I keep jumping all the time, so I need a button that it's comfortable to be pressed all the time.

The best buttons on the Azeron seem to be the ones you pull with the fingers, the push ones I don't like them at all, and not sure about the central ones that you click

Maybe it's all about getting practice with it,

my only issue with the nav was, that I would have loved just 2 more buttons, that's why I decided to order the Azeron!

I'll give it a go in the following days, and see how it goes, I hope I will see the improvement, but I need to say that the Sony Nav was almost perfect for me (super comfortable in my hand), it was just missing a couple of buttons!

Offline Abdulrahman

• View Profile
« Reply #892 on: 09:39 AM - 05/08/19 »
Hey neo1089

ordered the Azeron Compact on the 28.03, it was shipped the 23.04, and it arrived the 07.05
thanks for replaying , one more question , what is was you number in queue when you order it ??

Offline ThisGuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: IIxxThisGuyxxII
  • PSN ID: IIThisGuyII
« Reply #893 on: 11:40 AM - 05/14/19 »
Anyone had the on board memory fail? I have been using it for around a month and today i tried using my Azeron and multiple buttons weren't working as well as i couldn't sprint. So i plugged it back into my pc and ran the software and all of my settings have been reset to default. Wasn't a huge issue as i reprogrammed it and was back up and running just curious if this is going to be something that i have to deal with every once in a while?
SteelSeries Rival 650-Azeron Gamepad-Xbox One X-PS4 Pro

Offline Intrickit27

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: N/A Hiding from Xbox detectives👀
  • PSN ID: N/A Hiding from PS4 detectives👀
« Reply #894 on: 05:11 PM - 05/15/19 »

Ok, I use roof and floor on the mouse, anyway yesterday I didnt have time to test it out, but I unpacked the Azeron and tried it a little bit with my hand.

To be honest, from the 5minutes I simulated with my hand playing, I'm not sure it will be confortable for me!

It's 3 years that I'm using the sony Nav, and I jump in fortnite with the Nav back trigger (L2), and I enter in build mode with the back button (L1),

and it seems to me that there isnt a good button on the Azeron where I Could bind my jump and use it comfortably, as when I play fortnite I keep jumping all the time, so I need a button that it's comfortable to be pressed all the time.

The best buttons on the Azeron seem to be the ones you pull with the fingers, the push ones I don't like them at all, and not sure about the central ones that you click

Maybe it's all about getting practice with it,

my only issue with the nav was, that I would have loved just 2 more buttons, that's why I decided to order the Azeron!

I'll give it a go in the following days, and see how it goes, I hope I will see the improvement, but I need to say that the Sony Nav was almost perfect for me (super comfortable in my hand), it was just missing a couple of buttons!
You'll get use to it. I've been playing with nav for like 5 years now. I felt the same way. Now I won't look back. You have to give it time. Muscle memory. Everything is gonna feel uncomfortable until muscle memory is trained. I use middle finger pull for build and pointer finger pull for jump. The thumbstick push in is my edit button for Fortnite.
Monitors- Samsung UH750 4K , LG W2363D
Systems-Xbox One X, 2nd Xbox One, and Xbox 360
Peripherals/accessories- **Razer Basilisk**(Newest) Steel Series Rival 600(mouse), Sony move navigation stick, Xbox One Elite controller| Audio devices-Creative Soundblaster X7 and Astro mixamp 2013, Head candy-Audio Technica ATH-AD700X, Sennheiser PC360, Mousepads- Razer Firefly(New) SteelSeries 9HD and Qck Keyboard/mouse adapter- XIM Edge, XIM4, XIM Apex*New*

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #895 on: 06:03 PM - 05/16/19 »
Anyone had the on board memory fail? I have been using it for around a month and today i tried using my Azeron and multiple buttons weren't working as well as i couldn't sprint. So i plugged it back into my pc and ran the software and all of my settings have been reset to default. Wasn't a huge issue as i reprogrammed it and was back up and running just curious if this is going to be something that i have to deal with every once in a while?
Yes. My firmware corrupted and I can't use profiles. Resetting and reinstalling the Azeron firmware made no difference.

I installed W11cE firmware instead which has been rock-solid, but I can't edit anything. Not a big deal as I'm fine with plain vanilla, but concerning nonetheless.

Offline starkman

• View Profile
« Reply #896 on: 01:00 AM - 05/24/19 »
Does anyone possess and can affirm this item works?

Offline burnttoast

• View Profile
« Reply #897 on: 11:52 AM - 05/24/19 »

It works great

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #898 on: 05:00 AM - 05/25/19 »

It works great

It's a spambot. Note the link in the footer. Best not to play with bots.

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: KAMPR-
« Reply #899 on: 11:57 AM - 05/27/19 »
Does anyone know if the joystick direction can be adjusted? Like if I wanted forward, like 15 more to the left, and pretty much move everything else 15 left.  I'm not liking the default direction just feels weird and throws me off.
XiM3R since ever since.