XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 46510 times)

Offline Mement_Mori

• View Profile
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box
« Reply #840 on: 10:19 AM - 04/11/19 »
just got mine today and i like it very much some wrong button presses but that's about it. got the software and firmware but i have one issue. In joystick mode i can't sprint. If i put it in keyboard mode it will let me sprint. Is there any fix for this anybody?

Having exact same issue

In the azeron software lower the outer Deadzone to around 300

Offline burnttoast

• View Profile
« Reply #841 on: 11:11 AM - 04/11/19 »
Juat a heads up that I had trouble with mode selection too on the Compact and the profiles ended up corrupting. Reinstalling firmware didn't help.

I swapped to W11cE firmware and it's been rock-solid since, but I can't make adjustments to stick angle etc. I'm happy enough with default, so it's no big deal.

This is most noobish comment on here, apologies in advance for that, but how do I download and then switch to W11cE firmware to the azeron, can someone message me the step by steps please (or point me to the right post). I love this piece of equipment but the joystick just doesnt feel right no matter what settings I put it on.

Thanks!

Offline Mement_Mori

• View Profile
« Reply #842 on: 01:22 PM - 04/11/19 »
just got mine today and i like it very much some wrong button presses but that's about it. got the software and firmware but i have one issue. In joystick mode i can't sprint. If i put it in keyboard mode it will let me sprint. Is there any fix for this anybody?

Having exact same issue

Juat a heads up that I had trouble with mode selection too on the Compact and the profiles ended up corrupting. Reinstalling firmware didn't help.

I swapped to W11cE firmware and it's been rock-solid since, but I can't make adjustments to stick angle etc. I'm happy enough with default, so it's no big deal.

This is most noobish comment on here, apologies in advance for that, but how do I download and then switch to W11cE firmware to the azeron, can someone message me the step by steps please (or point me to the right post). I love this piece of equipment but the joystick just doesnt feel right no matter what settings I put it on.

Thanks!

First of all try my comment above before installing any other firmware if you still want to install w11ce simple firmware (see below)

1. If you have not already Installed the pc driver https://azeron.eu/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/serial_driver.zip (for PC, to recognize the keypad)

2. Then Download the Azeron manual http://azeron.eu/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Azeron-Manual-V2.0.pdf

3. Then download W11ce software https://azeron.eu/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Simple_XIM_Firmware_16jan2019_W11ces.zip and unzip that to your desktop it contains the Hex file you need

Then goto chapter 5 which is page 6 of the Azeron manual and follow them steps.

If later you decide you want the default firmware re-installed you can find the latest azeron firmware here https://azeron.eu/software/
« Last Edit: 02:01 PM - 04/11/19 by Mement_Mori »

Offline KingDingAling

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: dal3101
« Reply #843 on: 03:01 PM - 04/11/19 »
Just got my azeron today and I'm absolutely loving it...but quick question..while playing apex legends when I sprint and move side to side slightly while in joystick mode sprint seems to cut off and I do have to press my sprint key again? Is this an issue with the azeron or the actual game?

Offline ThisGuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: IIxxThisGuyxxII
  • PSN ID: IIThisGuyII
« Reply #844 on: 03:25 PM - 04/11/19 »
Just got my azeron today and I'm absolutely loving it...but quick question..while playing apex legends when I sprint and move side to side slightly while in joystick mode sprint seems to cut off and I do have to press my sprint key again? Is this an issue with the azeron or the actual game?

Adjust the forward angle and dead zones on the stick. I donít play apex legends a lot on console so it couldíve the game but I know sprinting will stop quick if your angle is off
SteelSeries Rival 650-Azeron Gamepad-Xbox One X-PS4 Pro

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: 04:29 PM - 04/11/19 »

Having exact same issue

Donít know if anyoneís said this already but you probably need to change the angle of the joystick in the firmware, not entirely sure what kinda issue youíre having apart from the fact you canít sprint but that might help
| Apex ~ Zowie FK2 ~ Azeron Compact ~ G440 ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #846 on: 07:06 PM - 04/11/19 »
I use W11cE's simple firmware too and don't have a problem with Sprint.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline KingDingAling

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: dal3101
« Reply #847 on: 07:07 PM - 04/11/19 »

Adjust the forward angle and dead zones on the stick. I donít play apex legends a lot on console so it couldíve the game but I know sprinting will stop quick if your angle is off
Got it sorted thanks man

Offline fst_si

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: fst_si
« Reply #848 on: 02:45 AM - 04/12/19 »
Anyone using control freeks with the azeron? I love the comfort they could add but don't want to ruin my thumbstick as they have ripped up some of my ds4's in the past

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: 03:33 AM - 04/12/19 »
Anyone using control freeks with the azeron? I love the comfort they could add but don't want to ruin my thumbstick as they have ripped up some of my ds4's in the past

I put a new magnetic thumbstick in my Azeron compact ... (same as in the xbox elite controller) ... it will then give you a choice of 3 different thumbstick heights.

Offline Cardain

• View Profile
« Reply #850 on: 08:31 AM - 04/12/19 »

I put a new magnetic thumbstick in my Azeron compact ... (same as in the xbox elite controller) ... it will then give you a choice of 3 different thumbstick heights.

@#$% thats fancy. But probably requires soldering, no?

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: 09:29 AM - 04/12/19 »

No, the back of the joystick enclosure unscrews and lets you take the cover off.
The joystick pulls off and putting the metal mushroom on is the same as replacing the spare stick that Imants sends with the Azeron.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #852 on: 10:05 AM - 04/12/19 »
You've gotta show us where to get that stick  :o

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline fst_si

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: fst_si
« Reply #853 on: 10:26 AM - 04/12/19 »

No, the back of the joystick enclosure unscrews and lets you take the cover off.
The joystick pulls off and putting the metal mushroom on is the same as replacing the spare stick that Imants sends with the Azeron.

Dam that is a nice find, I have a elite controller lying around that I don't use, sounds like a scuf stick might also work? Not so worried now

Offline burnttoast

• View Profile
« Reply #854 on: 11:18 AM - 04/12/19 »

Having exact same issue

Thanks!

First of all try my comment above before installing any other firmware if you still want to install w11ce simple firmware (see below)

1. If you have not already Installed the pc driver https://azeron.eu/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/serial_driver.zip (for PC, to recognize the keypad)

2. Then Download the Azeron manual http://azeron.eu/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Azeron-Manual-V2.0.pdf

3. Then download W11ce software https://azeron.eu/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Simple_XIM_Firmware_16jan2019_W11ces.zip and unzip that to your desktop it contains the Hex file you need

Then goto chapter 5 which is page 6 of the Azeron manual and follow them steps.

If later you decide you want the default firmware re-installed you can find the latest azeron firmware here https://azeron.eu/software/

Thank you!!!