XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 53353 times)

Offline parjn

• View Profile
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box
« Reply #825 on: 02:19 PM - 04/03/19 »
No clue what Roads is talking about^, but my Azeron was a dream last night. I can't even imagine using the controller, or the keyboard ever again. I do wish I could move back and forth more quickly like I could on the keyboard though.
PS4 Slim | Corsair K68 | Logitech g502 | Xim Apex | Azeron Original

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #826 on: 03:20 PM - 04/03/19 »
Juat a heads up that I had trouble with mode selection too on the Compact and the profiles ended up corrupting. Reinstalling firmware didn't help.

I swapped to W11cE firmware and it's been rock-solid since, but I can't make adjustments to stick angle etc. I'm happy enough with default, so it's no big deal.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline fst_si

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: fst_si
« Reply #827 on: 04:49 PM - 04/03/19 »
Juat a heads up that I had trouble with mode selection too on the Compact and the profiles ended up corrupting. Reinstalling firmware didn't help.

I swapped to W11cE firmware and it's been rock-solid since, but I can't make adjustments to stick angle etc. I'm happy enough with default, so it's no big deal.

Thanks for the heads up. I will keep using it as it is, still running the firmware from delivery, should probably update it

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: 10:03 PM - 04/03/19 »
what page is the latest w11ce code, is on githhub now no?

found it https://github.com/W11cE

W11ce can you elaborate the bumbers that can be set in the joystick code?

auto axisX = map(analogRead(X_AXIS), 1023, 0, 1023, 0);
   axisX = constrain(axisX, 0, 1023);
   auto axisY = map(analogRead(Y_AXIS), 0, 1023, 1023, 0);
   axisY = constrain(axisY, 0, 1023);

which is travel distance, deadzone and Axis direction?
« Last Edit: 10:15 PM - 04/03/19 by roads »
Crusade atm: none

Offline ThisGuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: IIxxThisGuyxxII
  • PSN ID: IIThisGuyII
« Reply #829 on: 02:16 PM - 04/08/19 »
just got mine today and i like it very much some wrong button presses but that's about it. got the software and firmware but i have one issue. In joystick mode i can't sprint. If i put it in keyboard mode it will let me sprint. Is there any fix for this anybody?
SteelSeries Rival 650-Azeron Gamepad-Xbox One X-PS4 Pro

Offline Cardain

• View Profile
« Reply #830 on: 02:45 PM - 04/08/19 »
Currently not at home with my PC, but I'd think you have to look in the settings at the acceleration curve, so that the stick hits max a lot earlier, not at the end of its travel. I haven't had problems with that in destiny and BFV, but I did notice issue with it in PUBG where I had to go all the way to the max to for max walking speed and it's taking me too much time/travel distance of the stick.

Offline ThisGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #831 on: 02:59 PM - 04/08/19 »
i actually found it, i only edited the stick in keyboard mode. so by changing the deadzones/sens and angle i was able to achieve this thanks.

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: 04:03 AM - 04/09/19 »
No clue what Roads is talking about^, but my Azeron was a dream last night. I can't even imagine using the controller, or the keyboard ever again. I do wish I could move back and forth more quickly like I could on the keyboard though.

Lower the deadzone? ( not sure if that would help but would make it easier to go back and forth
| Apex ~ Zowie FK2 ~ Azeron Compact ~ G440 ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline ThisGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #833 on: 12:09 PM - 04/09/19 »
so does the azeron read in analog in joystick mode and digital in keyboard mode. I only ask for aim assist reasons. as i am thinking some games might help cut through it in keyboard mode. Just wondering if anyone knows

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #834 on: 11:56 PM - 04/09/19 »
The analog stick functions as a d-pad in keyboard mode, i.e it's 8-directional, not 360 degree.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline KingDingAling

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: dal3101
« Reply #835 on: 09:16 AM - 04/10/19 »
anyone any idea how long is shipping to ireland? tracking says(Ireland - item sent abroad) and that was on the 7th? sorry i just cant wait to try this thing ;D

Offline Malinkadink

• View Profile
« Reply #836 on: 11:55 PM - 04/10/19 »
How does the Azeron compare with the analog stick for aim assist feel ingame vs keyboard with SAB?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #837 on: 12:58 AM - 04/11/19 »
Console games are designed for analog sticks rather than keyboards. If a game supports left-stick aim assist, it's much more noticeable on an Azeron than a kb with SAB.

As an example, I've had instances in BO4 where AA will track for 5cm or more of screen movement through walls and around corners.

I can sometimes feel the AA tug or see the reticle moving before I can eyeball an enemy. And if an enemy manages to approach into CQC, the reticle may tug onto them before I know that they're there. That's not always the case, but it does help.

In games like Battlefield, Call of Duty and Destiny, Azeron enhances AA compared to a kb without a shadow of a doubt. I haven't noticed is as much in Overwatch, Fortnite and Apex Legends, but I also haven't played much of them since I received the Azeron Compact.

Offline Malinkadink

• View Profile
« Reply #838 on: 04:27 AM - 04/11/19 »
Console games are designed for analog sticks rather than keyboards. If a game supports left-stick aim assist, it's much more noticeable on an Azeron than a kb with SAB.

As an example, I've had instances in BO4 where AA will track for 5cm or more of screen movement through walls and around corners.

I can sometimes feel the AA tug or see the reticle moving before I can eyeball an enemy. And if an enemy manages to approach into CQC, the reticle may tug onto them before I know that they're there. That's not always the case, but it does help.

In games like Battlefield, Call of Duty and Destiny, Azeron enhances AA compared to a kb without a shadow of a doubt. I haven't noticed is as much in Overwatch, Fortnite and Apex Legends, but I also haven't played much of them since I received the Azeron Compact.

Interesting observations, i'll probably pick one up then, looks pretty interesting vs typical keypads. Looks like i can't place an order for one at the moment, a youtube comment from them a day ago says they'll be taking new orders end of the month so i'll need to keep an eye out.

Offline burnttoast

• View Profile
« Reply #839 on: 10:00 AM - 04/11/19 »
just got mine today and i like it very much some wrong button presses but that's about it. got the software and firmware but i have one issue. In joystick mode i can't sprint. If i put it in keyboard mode it will let me sprint. Is there any fix for this anybody?

Having exact same issue