XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 47012 times)

Offline Golobulus

• View Profile
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box
« Reply #810 on: 10:33 AM - 03/28/19 »
Azeron is officially ordered up, now I just have to wait for the little badarse to arrive.

In the meantime, my Logitech G13 has passed and is now in gamepad heaven with all his friends and family. I need something to use while waiting on the Azeron, so I took apart a Razer Orbweaver I picked up last year and removed the entire thumb area (with 4-way switch and buttons.) And then I built a little jig to hold it at an angle with the Xbox controller and this thing actually is 10x better than my previous G13s, the better key switches and xbox's joystick are a definite improvement:

Offline Cardain

• View Profile
« Reply #811 on: 11:32 AM - 03/28/19 »
Oh wow, that is inspired! It also looks like a building floor plan I'd have to raid in PubG :D You'll definitely appreciate the minimal finger travel distance of the Azeron switches. I didn't even think about it until I had it.

Offline saItywatch

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: saltywatch
  • PSN ID: saltywatch
« Reply #812 on: 12:28 PM - 03/28/19 »
Azeron is officially ordered up, now I just have to wait for the little badarse to arrive.

In the meantime, my Logitech G13 has passed and is now in gamepad heaven with all his friends and family. I need something to use while waiting on the Azeron, so I took apart a Razer Orbweaver I picked up last year and removed the entire thumb area (with 4-way switch and buttons.) And then I built a little jig to hold it at an angle with the Xbox controller and this thing actually is 10x better than my previous G13s, the better key switches and xbox's joystick are a definite improvement:

This is ridiculous

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: 06:53 AM - 03/29/19 »
Some folks just dont know how to smile .... I think it's good to see folk getting creative with the building blocks of life  :) :)

Hey if you went as far as removing the Orbweaver dpad you could have gone one more step and unsoldered and removed the left stick from the controller, and made a nice little enclosure for it to sit next to the Orbweaver.

A few of us did a mod years ago and took the stick out of the authentication 360 controller connected to the xim, and put it in the Belkin N52te. You couldn't pick up the controller to use though as it had no left stick. What you've done could just have the stick next to the Orbweaver if you took it out of the controller ... it's easy, I had never soldered before when I did it.
« Last Edit: 07:00 AM - 03/29/19 by Au1d Yin »

Offline burnttoast

• View Profile
« Reply #814 on: 09:27 AM - 04/02/19 »
Got mine a couple of weeks ago, seriously struggling with teh joystick, sometime works well other times it wont go to a full run, what deadzones is everyone else using?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #815 on: 09:43 AM - 04/02/19 »
Got mine a couple of weeks ago, seriously struggling with teh joystick, sometime works well other times it wont go to a full run, what deadzones is everyone else using?
Make sure you're using the correct mode. There's a small button on the side near the Azeron logo.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline KingDingAling

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: dal3101
« Reply #816 on: 11:18 AM - 04/02/19 »
Azeron just wondering is mine nearly ready for shipping can't deal with the wait any longer :D

Offline parjn

• View Profile
« Reply #817 on: 03:57 PM - 04/02/19 »
Alright it's been a long time! My azeron rocks still, I absolutely love it. One thing that other people might want to hear is that whenever I plug it into the xim I have to press the mode button and switch to and from the two modes. If I don't do this, non of the buttons work properly. Also I still haven't really messed with the dead zone on the analog stick, maybe I could make it better but I don't really know how it can get better than I have it now.
PS4 Slim | Corsair K68 | Logitech g502 | Xim Apex | Azeron Original

Offline THE-MARAVINGY

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: ApocalypticWesal
« Reply #818 on: 05:00 PM - 04/02/19 »
Order placed  ;D

Offline burnttoast

• View Profile
« Reply #819 on: 06:10 PM - 04/02/19 »
Make sure you're using the correct mode. There's a small button on the side near the Azeron logo.

Which mode is which? I thought that was profile switching lol

Offline fst_si

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: fst_si
« Reply #820 on: 06:13 PM - 04/02/19 »
Alright it's been a long time! My azeron rocks still, I absolutely love it. One thing that other people might want to hear is that whenever I plug it into the xim I have to press the mode button and switch to and from the two modes. If I don't do this, non of the buttons work properly. Also I still haven't really messed with the dead zone on the analog stick, maybe I could make it better but I don't really know how it can get better than I have it now.

I have to do the same thing, two clicks of the side button and I'm golden.  I agree with the deadzone, I don't really know what I'm looking for and could probably have a better setup but does the job just fine

Offline BigBen

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: BigBen_JM
« Reply #821 on: 02:25 AM - 04/03/19 »
one light is Keyboard mode, two lights is Joystick mode (at least on mine)

Offline Cardain

• View Profile
« Reply #822 on: 10:54 AM - 04/03/19 »

I have to do the same thing, two clicks of the side button and I'm golden.  I agree with the deadzone, I don't really know what I'm looking for and could probably have a better setup but does the job just fine

Same here.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: 11:17 AM - 04/03/19 »
Imants can you change that? In config software make a XIM setting?
Crusade atm: XIM Mouse that is stable 1000hz at 12000 or higher no delays by smoothing. XIM APEX is ridiculous without a XIM Mouse.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: 01:05 PM - 04/03/19 »
no context deleted
« Last Edit: 10:02 PM - 04/03/19 by roads »
Crusade atm: XIM Mouse that is stable 1000hz at 12000 or higher no delays by smoothing. XIM APEX is ridiculous without a XIM Mouse.