XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 45551 times)

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box
« Reply #780 on: 04:39 PM - 03/15/19 »
One other thing I have been thinking off that I can probably modify myself: so on some rare occasions I accidentally hit the "pull" switch for the index finger since the fingers are bent "into" that button well and I hit the top part of the pull switch (wanted to jump over a gap in destiny and accidentally triggered the pull switch which is duck for me, so I slid in to an abyss, hah). I am thinking maybe I can shorten/file down the pull switches a bit so It's not so easily triggered by bent fingers resting in the well. Has anyone else made that experience?
Same problem for me ... I have mine set up just right for comfort, but now and again I accidentally hit that index finger pull switch and it lands me in deep $hit lol.

What I would like is to be able to have a slightly stiffer spring in that switch.I kinda got it solved by adding some "Sugru"  to the index finger push down switch and moulding a recess in it where my fingertip sits ... it helps keep the finger in position and stops it creeping back into the pull switch.
Love this pad though  :) :) :)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #781 on: 10:29 AM - 03/18/19 »
I've been forcing myself to migrate my trusty XIM Apex kb configs over to Azeron Compact the past few days. This is the first time I've been able to use a mouse & analog movement in my gaming life and tonight was BO4's turn.

All I can say is O.M.F.G...rotational AA using analog movement in this game is beyond belief  :o I'm still pretty clumsy with my bindings, it took a few matches to work out the sensitivity numbers and the first hour or so sucked. But after 3 or 4 hours, muscle memory kicked in and so did that sticky but manageable AA feel.

My settings are nowhere near optimal for Azeron, but by god is this baby a proof of concept. I used DPI 3200, 1000Hz, Sync Off, HIP 150, ADS 75, HIP ST for both, 224ms delay, SA 3, Boost 400 (basically my kb settings with increased sensitivity for 3200 DPI) and haven't begun to tweak it yet.

Anyone who says using digital input, i.e a kb, is superior in Call of Duty console games due to the ability to rapidly hit max stick deflection for sticky AA is absolutely kidding themselves. I've been a keyboarder for over 25 years and it does not compare to analog in the slightest for console gaming. Digital cuts straight through AA, analog works with it. I've always argued that point but this is the first time I've been able to validate it first-hand.

Using the Azeron Compact, all I had to do was strafe or counterstrafe over the target and my reticle stuck like baby poo to a blanket. My aim literally followed them around corners and through walls. That happens occasionally in Destiny and tracks for a few cms of mouse movement (with the mouse stationary), but BO4 tracked several inches. I couldn't even see some enemies while pre-aiming, but the AA stuck, so I shot. Sure enough, another dead duck.

If you haven't tried Azeron in BO4 yet, you are in for a treat (set gameplay opinions aside, we're testing look mechanics). When my aim sunk into the hitbox, it was game over every time. I consider myself a very average shot, so there's some AA magic going on here.

XIM settings here are simple - HIP sens fast enough to quickly do a 180; ADS slow enough to abuse AA and fast enough to track a target. The lower the sens, the stronger the AA. I may try mjfame's wacky settings next with the Azeron to see if it's possible to flick and stick.

BTW, Azeron Compact's new analog stick and flat wrist rest are blissful to use. I suffered thumb and wrist pain on the original Azeron after an hour or so, but there was no fatigue at all using the Compact. The only change I've made to the Compact is rotating the stick to -18 (I think) to more predictably move straight left and right.

Thank you Imants for creating this fantastic toy!
« Last Edit: 11:15 AM - 03/18/19 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Cardain

• View Profile
« Reply #782 on: 11:42 AM - 03/18/19 »
Oh wow that sounds great! I've been playing destiny and it has a max turn rate, so can't snap 180 quickly in there. AA seems about the same for me between keyboard and Azeron but I need to keep working on it.

I have nearly no wrist fatigue with the flat pad, and I just did some modifications to try to remove the last bit of fatigue. I needed my arm rest of my chair to be the same hight as my table so i have a level and straight arm. But then I couldn't move my chair far enough under the table. So I just took one of my knee pads for snowboarding and put it over the back part of my arm rest as an elbow rest. Now I can move under the table with the front part of my chair and still have full elbow support to use the Azeron.

Still loving the Azeron compact!

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #783 on: 04:16 PM - 03/18/19 »
Yeah, Destiny 2 AA didn't feel much different using kb vs Azeron due to not have left-stick / rotational AA.

I use ergonomic armrests for both arms so my elbows are supported at all times (shoulder issues). It also lets me use my forearm for mouse sweeps.
« Last Edit: 12:50 AM - 03/19/19 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline Golobulus

• View Profile
« Reply #784 on: 04:42 PM - 03/18/19 »
..try this with Logitech after the your 6th G13 breaks down.

This is exactly where I am at in my G13 lifecycle. Normally it's the buttons next to the joystick. But this time its the joystick and it's causing me severe anxiety. I don't know if I could wait the 3-4 weeks after placing an order, but I really don't have any other choice than welding my Xbox controller with the G13. (Which will probably happen this week.)

...but since I've been peeking at this topic/product for the last month, I haven't seen it available to order. I've tried to read through this thread and have made it about 20 pages at the beginning and end but I'm running out of steam...so I have a few questions:

• What's the best process to make sure I get an order in next time it's up? (I set up notifications to this thread...but do I need to refresh the etsy store every hour on the hour?
  • Any idea when the next batch is due?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #785 on: 04:59 PM - 03/18/19 »
Maybe send a PM to Azeron here on the XIM Forums. Alternately, check their Etsy page daily. It's linked from azeron.eu.

Offline fst_si

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: fst_si
« Reply #786 on: 08:19 AM - 03/19/19 »
Mine has arrived at work today, heading to pick it up now and my god I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Should I update firmware straight away or just find my feet with it out of the box first?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #787 on: 08:21 AM - 03/19/19 »
I haven't touched the firmware on it yet.

I recommend installing the Azeron app and adjusting the thumbstick rotation until left and right feel on the correct plane.

Offline fst_si

• View Profile
« Reply #788 on: 09:16 AM - 03/19/19 »
I haven't touched the firmware on it yet.

I recommend installing the Azeron app and adjusting the thumbstick rotation until left and right feel on the correct plane.

Thanks dude, I will give that a try. Hearing -12 is a good starting point

Offline Cardain

• View Profile
« Reply #789 on: 10:15 AM - 03/19/19 »
I kept moving it up and down in an option screen in Destiny and kept tweaking it until I actually moved the cursor up and down and not diagonally. Ended up at -17 for myself.

Offline chad20

• View Profile
« Reply #790 on: 11:47 AM - 03/19/19 »
I also changed the dead zone so it is more sensitive and changed it so I donít have to hit max travel to get full stick movement. This is a awesome feature. Loving this thing.

Offline fst_si

• View Profile
« Reply #791 on: 12:16 PM - 03/19/19 »
Thanks guys, just heading home with it now. Should be happy to see the GF after a few nights away with work but really I want to get this up and running

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #792 on: 04:39 PM - 03/19/19 »
I kept moving it up and down in an option screen in Destiny and kept tweaking it until I actually moved the cursor up and down and not diagonally. Ended up at -17 for myself.
Same here. I settled on either -17 or -18.

My issue wasn't forward and back though, I kept hitting diagonals for left and right which made menu navigation difficult.

Offline fst_si

• View Profile
« Reply #793 on: 03:39 AM - 03/20/19 »
Same here. I settled on either -17 or -18.

My issue wasn't forward and back though, I kept hitting diagonals for left and right which made menu navigation difficult.

Thanks for the advice, didn't think about the diagonals until I had a play last night. Can tell this this is going to be great but a steep learning curve for me. Hopefully some tweaks will make the transition smoother

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #794 on: 04:36 AM - 03/20/19 »
I'm still struggling with coming to grips with the bindings. I'll frequently duck when I mean to jump, or sprint when I mean to melee  ;D  To be fair, I'm less than 20 hours in and things will gel more over time.

Imants, I encountered a problem this morning with profiles. I noticed that sometimes the Azeron selects key bindings instead of joystick buttons and the analog stick won't move. This is despite having the correct profile selected using the button near the LED. Today, the Azeron wouldn't play friendly at all and I noticed that profiles wouldn't save on-board correctly, specifically to slot 1.

Cleaning out the profiles and reflashing the firmware didn't seem to help. I loaded up W11cE's firmware and it's been stable so I suspect it's an Azeron firmware or software issue, but I'd really like to use the Azeron firmware to access things like stick adjustments.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Azeron Software app on PC, but I'm not sure if that cleaned out all remnants of the profiles from the computer. I'll try reflashing and see if the problem shows up again. If not, I'll revert back to W11cE's version.