XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 45771 times)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box
« Reply #765 on: 06:16 PM - 03/10/19 »
And what makes this the absolute winner for me personally is that as a left handed person using the mouse with the left hand, I FINALLY have a gamepad I can use with my right hand.
We are the red-headed stepchildren of the gaming world. I feel exactly the same way about the Azeron - there is literally nothing else out there for left-handers.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Cardain

• View Profile
« Reply #766 on: 07:56 PM - 03/10/19 »
Yeah, I tried ambidextrous pads like the Zboard Fang and that generic DeLuxe gaming keypad, but they just did not provide the benefits of a keypad made for a specific hand. Specifically when it came to what you could do with the thumb which was also the issue using WASD. I've been remapping everything to the arrow keys and the keys around it, but that had its limits. So the Azeron is wonderful and I like the fact that it's pretty much hand made and want to support such projects. Had been watching this thread for months to be ontop of any developments and was not dissapointed once I received it.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #767 on: 09:28 PM - 03/10/19 »
Dude...you may be my long-lost gaming twin  :o 

I started on the arrows and surrounding keys for PC gaming, then used a Z-Board Fang for around a decade before heading down the mech path.

I use an ErgoDox EZ keyboard nowadays because of the thumb cluster, but I wanted an analog stick and easily accessible d-pad. Enter the Azeron and the rest is history...

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #768 on: 12:42 AM - 03/11/19 »
Only thing that might be a slight improvement for me, and that might just be my hand anatomy, is that my pinky finger comes in and an angle and not straight down like the other 3 non-thumb fingers. So if the pinky finger arm could be tilted a bit to the side instead of pointing straight up, it would be absolutely perfect. I'd think that would just require the rail part of the pinky finger to have a tilt in it.
That is one of things I am working on.

Offline lmulli

• View Profile
« Reply #769 on: 03:36 AM - 03/11/19 »
And what makes this the absolute winner for me personally is that as a left handed person using the mouse with the left hand, I FINALLY have a gamepad I can use with my right hand.
We are the red-headed stepchildren of the gaming world. I feel exactly the same way about the Azeron - there is literally nothing else out there for left-handers.

Ah ah.  I'm left handed, but am now that used  to using my right hand for the mouse that using my left hand feels weird!  Likewise with the keyboard controls, feels weird having my right hand press the keys.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #770 on: 04:15 AM - 03/11/19 »
Ah ah.  I'm left handed, but am now that used  to using my right hand for the mouse that using my left hand feels weird!  Likewise with the keyboard controls, feels weird having my right hand press the keys.
I don't have a problem with right-handed mousing for regular computer usage, but I'm way too left-hand dominant for gaming.

I tried to use a right-handed mouse for gaming with the FragNStein (the precursor to Tuact Venom) on PS3 - it felt like I should be institutionalised and a new condition named after me.

Offline chad20

• View Profile
« Reply #771 on: 09:18 AM - 03/13/19 »
Just got my compact yesterday and the only issue Iím having is it sliding on the desk. Anyone have a good solution for this also anyone that plays blackout want to share there button setup?

Offline burnttoast

• View Profile
« Reply #772 on: 09:23 AM - 03/13/19 »
Just got my compact yesterday and the only issue Iím having is it sliding on the desk. Anyone have a good solution for this also anyone that plays blackout want to share there button setup?

Blu tac

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: 09:40 AM - 03/13/19 »

Blu tac

Raise your chair higher if you can, might feel weird though.

Blue tac will probably work lol
| Apex ~ Zowie FK2 ~ Azeron Compact ~ G440 ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline MisterWicked1

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: MisterWicked1
« Reply #774 on: 04:32 PM - 03/13/19 »
What is the default joystick settings? I was playing with them and now i can't walk. Also what does the xim fw do?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #775 on: 04:34 PM - 03/13/19 »
Just got my compact yesterday and the only issue I’m having is it sliding on the desk. Anyone have a good solution for this also anyone that plays blackout want to share there button setup?
I had the same problem and 3 balls of Blu-Tac on the baseplate fixed that, as well as making the d-pad and stick buttons usable (no sliding). It doesn't budge now and can easily be removed when needed.

Offline chad20

• View Profile
« Reply #776 on: 06:20 PM - 03/13/19 »
Thanks guys Iíll have to get some

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: 07:48 AM - 03/14/19 »
If the Azeron is just slipping and not "tilting" then that anti slip perforated matting you get in hardware shops will work ... it's cheap and comes in a big  roll.

Offline Cardain

• View Profile
« Reply #778 on: 08:05 AM - 03/14/19 »
Mine tilts to the right a bit sometimes, but still trying to find the most ideal angle and position for my hand. Thinking of maybe also elevating my wrist a bit higher so I don't go "claw" where my hand bends up a bit on the wrist. Having a straighter wrist might alleviate a bit of tension I think. 

Offline Cardain

• View Profile
« Reply #779 on: 02:19 PM - 03/15/19 »
One other thing I have been thinking off that I can probably modify myself: so on some rare occasions I accidentally hit the "pull" switch for the index finger since the fingers are bent "into" that button well and I hit the top part of the pull switch (wanted to jump over a gap in destiny and accidentally triggered the pull switch which is duck for me, so I slid in to an abyss, hah). I am thinking maybe I can shorten/file down the pull switches a bit so It's not so easily triggered by bent fingers resting in the well. Has anyone else made that experience?