XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 52181 times)

Offline Jamesbone

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: FlexNup
  • PSN ID: Flexnitup
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box
« Reply #750 on: 08:22 PM - 03/06/19 »
I played Overwatch for a couple of hours with the Compact last night.

The positives:

- The new thumbstick is very smooth and light compared to the original, providing more granular control.
- The flat palm rest allows for greater range of arm position and wrist rotation.
- The D-pad button solves the biggest problem I have with bindings as I can never find a comfortable spot for the d-pad on a kb.
- The smaller horizontal button size is helpful for reaching the thumbnail buttons, which I use for things like Sprint, L1 & R1, depending on the game.
- Shorter finger lengths let me to use a claw grip and make the deeper, horizontal buttons more accessible.
- The buttons on the Compact's short towers are more accessible and intuitive than the Azeron's tall towers.

The negatives (more to do with me than the Compact):

- Because I chose smaller buttons, I accidentally flick the thumbnail buttons on the way to pressing the tower buttons. I need to learn to lift my fingers out of the well before hitting tower buttons.
- The tower buttons have a lot of wobble to them. This seems to be because they sit on top of rather than slightly embedded into the tower. Not a big deal, the buttons & switches feel fine when pressed.
- Horizontal fingertip buttons (bottom ones) are a mental challenge for me to use. I'm not sure why that is as I have decades of muscle memory built around keyboard usage.
- The base slides around on the table more than the original and I find myself both rotating and lifting the Compact quite a lot. This is almost certainly due to my claw grip on the Compact. Problem solved by adding a few blobs of Blu-Tac to the base to stick the Compact in place on the desk. This also makes the thumbstick and d-pad buttons more usable.

So far I only have actions bound to the thumb, index and middle finger, as well as the towers for the lesser used PS, Share, Options and Touchpad buttons. I may struggle to adapt to games with both L3 & R3 bindings (there are plenty of spare buttons, so again it's a mental thing), but everything is comfortably within reach.

I can't see myself using Azeron for complex games like Fortnite or Siege, but for the majority of shooters with less mentally taxing bindings, it's a really tidy bit of kit. I'd really like a lefty version of Razer Orbweaver as I can live without analog movement, but that's never going to happen. The fact that Azeron simply comes in a lefty version and it's the only analog gamepad for lefties on the market was reason enough for me to buy and it hasn't let me down.

I got a note in mail gotta go pick mine up from the post office today.  But the card doesnt have my name written clear on it hopefully this isnt a problem lol YIKES

Offline Priesty10

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Priesty10
« Reply #751 on: 10:27 AM - 03/07/19 »
So I got my Azeron compact today and I must admit I was loving it, until I think Iíve either messed up the settings or somethingís gone wrong.
Iíve been playing fortnite and I tried to change the settings on the analogue stick because the default wasnít actually going forward for me, now my character is no longer able to sprint, just moves unbelievably slowly.
I also changed the sensitivity at one point and forgot the default, I hope I havenít broke it, if anyone could help me Iíd gladly appreciate it
Thanks

Offline Priesty10

• View Profile
« Reply #752 on: 11:02 AM - 03/07/19 »
Erm ok I figured it out, I just went back to the old firmware and for some reason I was able to sprint again 🤨🤪

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #753 on: 03:37 PM - 03/07/19 »
Will make small explanation about what settings do what

1. Changing angle of Your analog stick. Naturally Your thumb will goes little in angle when You move forward so use that slider to adjust that angle. (Personally I use from -8 to -12 )

2.Lower deazone, Increasing field in center where analog stick will be less sensitive. Good setting to start  are 20

3. Upper deadzone (Important for all keypads with new sticks due smaller reach). Decrease outer border.
Use if analog stick not reach sides and corners (when charters walk, but cant run). Good settings about 350

4. Sensitivity. Smaller number - more precise, but slower. Bigger number less precise, but faster.
Recommended settings from 3 to 20 but don't recommend go to 0 as it will be to sensitive as will register every smallest vibration.

TIP! If You want to change slider settings by precise numbers click on slider and use Arrow Keys on keyboard.
« Last Edit: 05:37 PM - 03/07/19 by Azeron »

Offline Jamesbone

• View Profile
« Reply #754 on: 08:49 PM - 03/07/19 »
Hey I got the compact been using it for like 2 days and I feel so strange I'm struggling lol.

I just played bo3 and it's so weird jumping with my Index finger. 

The keypad works perfect and is super comfortable

I honestly feel like I have never used a keyboard before using this 😂😂

Offline burnttoast

• View Profile
« Reply #755 on: 07:18 AM - 03/08/19 »
Anyone using this for PUBG? curious on your key mapping

Offline Priesty10

• View Profile
« Reply #756 on: 10:55 AM - 03/08/19 »
Iím thinking of maybe making a stand so it can be diagonal as oppose to flat on the table

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: 02:19 PM - 03/08/19 »
Thanks for the code W11ce.
Crusade atm: none

Offline fst_si

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: fst_si
« Reply #758 on: 06:15 PM - 03/08/19 »
Really excited to get hold of mine, I get on well with the nav but feel restricted with it. Hopefully transition well when I eventually get a PC

Offline Jamesbone

• View Profile
« Reply #759 on: 05:00 AM - 03/09/19 »
3rd day using it and it feels amazing to use I love how the D pad you can just flick it with ur thumb in any direction you want effortlessly.

This device is a must if you're a NAV user.

Personally I likes the Nav and mouse for jetpack cods I dont know why but using a analog stick while jet packing around felt better than using WASD.

But for boots on the ground I feel more comfortable using a normal keyboard.  That's just me.

But theAzeron compact is extremely comfortable I feel so relaxed while playing using it.

Offline THE-MARAVINGY

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: ApocalypticWesal
« Reply #760 on: 06:57 AM - 03/09/19 »
Every time i try to order the shop is empty  :'(

Offline fst_si

• View Profile
« Reply #761 on: 09:42 AM - 03/09/19 »
3rd day using it and it feels amazing to use I love how the D pad you can just flick it with ur thumb in any direction you want effortlessly.

This device is a must if you're a NAV user.

Personally I likes the Nav and mouse for jetpack cods I dont know why but using a analog stick while jet packing around felt better than using WASD.

But for boots on the ground I feel more comfortable using a normal keyboard.  That's just me.

But theAzeron compact is extremely comfortable I feel so relaxed while playing using it.

Am i right in saying the d-pad will activate as soon as you hit the button above the joystick? Is this just a movement option or would this revert to the controller d-pad rather than the joystick?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #762 on: 04:58 PM - 03/09/19 »
The d-pad button is just a d-pad with the ability to also click it. It's not a movement option.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline fst_si

• View Profile
« Reply #763 on: 05:25 PM - 03/09/19 »
The d-pad button is just a d-pad with the ability to also click it. It's not a movement option.

Thanks buddy, just realised I was over thinking what this switch was 🙈

Offline Cardain

• View Profile
« Reply #764 on: 05:46 PM - 03/10/19 »
Just got my compact yesterday and have been using it for a few hours. I must say i am loving it. I have zero muscle memory built up for this, but even at that stage I was able to play Destiny 2 with almost no issues. Changed the angle of the thumbstick to -17 I think and was golden.Only thing that might be a slight improvement for me, and that might just be my hand anatomy, is that my pinky finger comes in and an angle and not straight down like the other 3 non-thumb fingers. So if the pinky finger arm could be tilted a bit to the side instead of pointing straight up, it would be absolutely perfect. I'd think that would just require the rail part of the pinky finger to have a tilt in it.
Love all the adjustments you can do with the screws to perfectly fit your hand. Flat wristpad definitely was the right call. And what makes this the absolute winner for me personally is that as a left handed person using the mouse with the left hand, I FINALLY have a gamepad I can use with my right hand.
Thank you Imants for creating such a product!
(Using Xim4 for Xbox One)
« Last Edit: 05:55 PM - 03/10/19 by Cardain »