XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 45836 times)

Offline B0wl_of_weed

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: B0wl_of_weed
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box
« Reply #735 on: 08:45 PM - 02/28/19 »
Just curious what joystick sens and deadzone are you guys using? Im playing apex and will be playing fortnite too just curious 30 to 400 sens 15?

Offline Jamesbone

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: FlexNup
  • PSN ID: Flexnitup
« Reply #736 on: 04:57 PM - 03/01/19 »
My compact is on it's way to australia I'm excited
Me too mate, I got the nod yesterday.

Everything that could be different from the original Azeron is on this one for easier comparison. Shorter fingers, new analog stick, flat wrist rest (though I like the tapered one), 5-way d-pad (my favourite feature) and Compact towers.

PS, XIM streams should start in a couple of days (just the graphics to finish off). Let me know if you want to team up in any games Flex.

Yeah awesome will definitely team up!  I cant wait to try it.  Tell me your YouTube name I'll watch your stream too or are you on twitch?

Offline Priesty10

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Priesty10
« Reply #737 on: 09:49 PM - 03/01/19 »
Hi Iím just wondering if anyone knows if the  analog stick on this works the same as PS4 and Xbox Controllers, or is that impossible with these type of devices? Because I have a Tartarus v2 and itís analog stick is basically just a 8 way directional pad

Thanks

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: 12:15 AM - 03/02/19 »
Hi Iím just wondering if anyone knows if the  analog stick on this works the same as PS4 and Xbox Controllers, or is that impossible with these type of devices? Because I have a Tartarus v2 and itís analog stick is basically just a 8 way directional pad

Thanks

Yup works the same.

Also a lot of customisation just incase you donít like the default settings for the joystick.
| Apex ~ Zowie FK2 ~ Azeron Compact ~ G440 ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #739 on: 04:37 AM - 03/02/19 »
My compact is on it's way to australia I'm excited
Me too mate, I got the nod yesterday.

Everything that could be different from the original Azeron is on this one for easier comparison. Shorter fingers, new analog stick, flat wrist rest (though I like the tapered one), 5-way d-pad (my favourite feature) and Compact towers.

PS, XIM streams should start in a couple of days (just the graphics to finish off). Let me know if you want to team up in any games Flex.

Yeah awesome will definitely team up!  I cant wait to try it.  Tell me your YouTube name I'll watch your stream too or are you on twitch?
I'll be streaming as ModSquadAU on Twitch, but i'll use my existing PSN ID (you've got that). I'll use restream.io to feed it through to YouTube.

I can guarantee some pretty average gameplay initially as I haven't gamed for a couple of months while setting all of this up  :-[

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #740 on: 06:19 PM - 03/05/19 »
Compact just arrived, thank you Imants!

Changes ordered for the Compact vs Original - flat palm rest, shorter fingers, shorter towers, smaller buttons, 5-way d-pad and new analog stick. I haven't played with it yet, but the stick is noticeably smoother.

I can't wait to get stuck into it :)

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline slickrick

• View Profile
« Reply #741 on: 06:48 PM - 03/05/19 »
I guess I'm going to have to jump on the bandwagon . lol  me being in the US, wonder how long it will take?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #742 on: 07:04 PM - 03/05/19 »
Wait times are posted on the Etsy page.

I played Overwatch last night with the original Azeron and it was really good. I was concerned about granular analog movement on the older thumbstick, but it's much less important than expected. However, in Fallout 76, analog control is much finer for some reason and movement needs to be fairly precise.

I'll have a play around tonight with the Compact to see how it compares.

Offline chad20

• View Profile
« Reply #743 on: 07:22 PM - 03/05/19 »
I ordered mine on January 9th and it just shipped out on February 30th. Tracking says sent to the US. I live in Florida so Iíll update when I get an update. I would just order it ASAP.

Offline slickrick

• View Profile
« Reply #744 on: 08:02 PM - 03/05/19 »
I ordered mine on January 9th and it just shipped out on February 30th. Tracking says sent to the US. I live in Florida so Iíll update when I get an update. I would just order it ASAP.
   thanks, I just tried to order one but there not taking orders right now,  there going to email me.  how much dues the new one cost with all the bells and whistles.

Offline slickrick

• View Profile
« Reply #745 on: 11:37 AM - 03/06/19 »
whats the price of the newer one with upgraded analog stick?

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #746 on: 11:53 AM - 03/06/19 »
whats the price of the newer one with upgraded analog stick?
All keypads now come with new stick and price are 100 Euro for Compact and 110 for Standard

Offline Verone-

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Verone-
« Reply #747 on: 03:02 PM - 03/06/19 »
Not sure if it has been asked, but does it have onboard memory/can you make macros on the keys?

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #748 on: 03:33 PM - 03/06/19 »
Not sure if it has been asked, but does it have onboard memory/can you make macros on the keys?
It have on-board memory for 2 profiles.
At the moment there in no macros that feature will be add later.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #749 on: 03:59 PM - 03/06/19 »
I played Overwatch for a couple of hours with the Compact last night.

The positives:

- The new thumbstick is very smooth and light compared to the original, providing more granular control.
- The flat palm rest allows for greater range of arm position and wrist rotation.
- The D-pad button solves the biggest problem I have with bindings as I can never find a comfortable spot for the d-pad on a kb.
- The smaller horizontal button size is helpful for reaching the thumbnail buttons, which I use for things like Sprint, L1 & R1, depending on the game.
- Shorter finger lengths let me to use a claw grip and make the deeper, horizontal buttons more accessible.
- The buttons on the Compact's short towers are more accessible and intuitive than the Azeron's tall towers.

The negatives (more to do with me than the Compact):

- Because I chose smaller buttons, I accidentally flick the thumbnail buttons on the way to pressing the tower buttons. I need to learn to lift my fingers out of the well before hitting tower buttons.
- The tower buttons have a lot of wobble to them. This seems to be because they sit on top of rather than slightly embedded into the tower. Not a big deal, the buttons & switches feel fine when pressed.
- Horizontal fingertip buttons (bottom ones) are a mental challenge for me to use. I'm not sure why that is as I have decades of muscle memory built around keyboard usage.
- The base slides around on the table more than the original and I find myself both rotating and lifting the Compact quite a lot. This is almost certainly due to my claw grip on the Compact. Problem solved by adding a few blobs of Blu-Tac to the base to stick the Compact in place on the desk. This also makes the thumbstick and d-pad buttons more usable.

So far I only have actions bound to the thumb, index and middle finger, as well as the towers for the lesser used PS, Share, Options and Touchpad buttons. I may struggle to adapt to games with both L3 & R3 bindings (there are plenty of spare buttons, so again it's a mental thing), but everything is comfortably within reach.

I can't see myself using Azeron for complex games like Fortnite or Siege, but for the majority of shooters with less mentally taxing bindings, it's a really tidy bit of kit. I'd really like a lefty version of Razer Orbweaver as I can live without analog movement, but that's never going to happen. The fact that Azeron simply comes in a lefty version and it's the only analog gamepad for lefties on the market was reason enough for me to buy and it hasn't let me down.
« Last Edit: 05:04 PM - 03/06/19 by antithesis »