XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 47002 times)

Offline parjn

• View Profile
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box
« Reply #720 on: 10:14 PM - 02/19/19 »
Flashed the Teensy and code is fine very responsive.

Instructions: install arduino, install Teensyduino after starting arduino once. Three files have to be in one folder, Arduino wants to put the ino file in a sketch folder, move the other two files there also. In arduino Board choose Teensy ++2.0, USB Type keyboard+mouse+joystickand port choose the Azeron. Press reset button, compile and upload.

Roads, I'm a little bit lost on your directions.... Do you think you could make it a little bit easier for me to understand? Or can someone else help me understand?
PS4 Slim | Corsair K68 | Logitech g502 | Xim Apex | Azeron Original

Offline BigBen

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: BigBen_JM
« Reply #721 on: 12:23 AM - 02/20/19 »
What is the reason that you want to load another firmware ? I used my compact out of the box and it works perfect. When I start my Xbox most of the time I have to hit the joystick/keyboard button twice to get the azeron recognised but that's all. Never changed anything.

Offline Jumpy

• View Profile
« Reply #722 on: 12:39 AM - 02/20/19 »
Flashed the Teensy and code is fine very responsive.

Instructions: install arduino, install Teensyduino after starting arduino once. Three files have to be in one folder, Arduino wants to put the ino file in a sketch folder, move the other two files there also. In arduino Board choose Teensy ++2.0, USB Type keyboard+mouse+joystickand port choose the Azeron. Press reset button, compile and upload.

Roads, I'm a little bit lost on your directions.... Do you think you could make it a little bit easier for me to understand? Or can someone else help me understand?

See my old post on page 7 for step by step instructions.

Just make sure you have all W11ce's files from github in one folder, and copy paste his code (the .ino file) instead of my old code.

Offline parjn

• View Profile
« Reply #723 on: 04:26 AM - 02/20/19 »
Well I couldn't resist playing with the azeron tonight. I think I may have succeeded in getting w11ces code flashed on it with roads instructions, and I thought the azeron was awesome.

I had two problems though, the analog stick wouldn't work in battlefront 2015 to let me choose a hero while playing in game, but it worked for all the rest of the game and for the PS4 menus. And I quit that game and stuck on battlefront 2017 and the analog wouldn't work at all for anything in game, but again would work in the PS4 menus.

So I think I might have messed something up with the flashing instructions, which I still think could be a little more clear, or something?? IDK but I hope it's just a firmware problem and not the azeron itself.

It works flawlessly, it's so comfy and easy for me to get used to. Love the analog for movement. I highly recommend this product.

Also I wonder if I re flash imants software if that'll patch this problem up for me.

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #724 on: 11:58 AM - 02/20/19 »
Well I couldn't resist playing with the azeron tonight. I think I may have succeeded in getting w11ces code flashed on it with roads instructions, and I thought the azeron was awesome.

I had two problems though, the analog stick wouldn't work in battlefront 2015 to let me choose a hero while playing in game, but it worked for all the rest of the game and for the PS4 menus. And I quit that game and stuck on battlefront 2017 and the analog wouldn't work at all for anything in game, but again would work in the PS4 menus.

So I think I might have messed something up with the flashing instructions, which I still think could be a little more clear, or something?? IDK but I hope it's just a firmware problem and not the azeron itself.

It works flawlessly, it's so comfy and easy for me to get used to. Love the analog for movement. I highly recommend this product.

Also I wonder if I re flash imants software if that'll patch this problem up for me.
You can download our last firmware and software from web page and there is upper deadzone slider it must fix that problem. Just these new sticks have different zone size and upper deadzone will compensate it.

And if anyone have problem with double click can try set delay on buttons and give us a feedback, if that helps later will make possible set it for every button separately.

Offline ThisGuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: IIxxThisGuyxxII
  • PSN ID: IIThisGuyII
« Reply #725 on: 12:18 PM - 02/20/19 »
I was finally able to order one today after checking the website over and over for a couple weeks at least. I am excited to try this out and 6-8 weeks can't get here soon enough.
SteelSeries Rival 650-Azeron Gamepad-Xbox One X-PS4 Pro

Offline KingDingAling

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: dal3101
« Reply #726 on: 04:38 PM - 02/20/19 »
I was finally able to order one today after checking the website over and over for a couple weeks at least. I am excited to try this out and 6-8 weeks can't get here soon enough.

Just ordered mine today too I literally can't wait 😆😆😆

Offline parjn

• View Profile
« Reply #727 on: 10:11 PM - 02/20/19 »

You can download our last firmware and software from web page and there is upper deadzone slider it must fix that problem. Just these new sticks have different zone size and upper deadzone will compensate it.

And if anyone have problem with double click can try set delay on buttons and give us a feedback, if that helps later will make possible set it for every button separately.

alright Imants I got it to work. But I don't understand what the deadzone means exactly, I guess I'll read up about it in the azeron manual. I just messed with it until it worked. I wonder what the best settings are for this ps4 stick. :D
« Last Edit: 11:10 PM - 02/20/19 by parjn »

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: 11:44 AM - 02/21/19 »
Just uploaded another video with thre Azeron Compact, improvements are being made.

Most my issues now are simply to do with gameplay and understanding how the games changed.

Check it out please :)

https://youtu.be/SYTNZC3nl_o
| Apex ~ Zowie FK2 ~ Azeron Compact ~ G440 ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline Thera6179

• View Profile
« Reply #729 on: 01:44 PM - 02/22/19 »
Imants,
            Any plans to make it wireless [Yes I read that you have to go through the wireless certification to get it to work]. I am willing to buy even if I have to re-solder a new Teensy board with blue-tooth on it. If you want me to test [at my cost] a wireless solution, you have my money. Wired is not feasible for me, living room is huge 20-25 feet away from a wall mounted TV. I am willing to buy the extra Teensy boards + blue-tooth module to start testing. I just need a starting point.

A lot of us are stuck on the old PS4 Navigation controller because of its wireless capabilities and direct integration with XIM. You have already figured out the XIM part. Wireless would give it a huge boost in sales.

Thanks.

Offline Priesty10

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Priesty10
« Reply #730 on: 01:49 PM - 02/23/19 »
Does anything I should get the curved or flat wrist rest?

Offline parjn

• View Profile
« Reply #731 on: 11:35 AM - 02/25/19 »
Does anything I should get the curved or flat wrist rest?

I like the curved one but if you're concerned about it get the flat one.

Offline Jamesbone

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: FlexNup
  • PSN ID: Flexnitup
« Reply #732 on: 08:13 AM - 02/26/19 »
My compact is on it's way to australia I'm excited 😁

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #733 on: 03:54 PM - 02/26/19 »
My compact is on it's way to australia I'm excited
Me too mate, I got the nod yesterday.

Everything that could be different from the original Azeron is on this one for easier comparison. Shorter fingers, new analog stick, flat wrist rest (though I like the tapered one), 5-way d-pad (my favourite feature) and Compact towers.

PS, XIM streams should start in a couple of days (just the graphics to finish off). Let me know if you want to team up in any games Flex.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline parjn

• View Profile
« Reply #734 on: 05:06 PM - 02/26/19 »
My compact is on it's way to australia I'm excited
Me too mate, I got the nod yesterday.

Everything that could be different from the original Azeron is on this one for easier comparison. Shorter fingers, new analog stick, flat wrist rest (though I like the tapered one), 5-way d-pad (my favourite feature) and Compact towers.

PS, XIM streams should start in a couple of days (just the graphics to finish off). Let me know if you want to team up in any games Flex.

I like the original azeron, but I got the new analog and the 5 way d-pad and it friggin rocks! I have some videos uploaded if anybody wants to check them out, it's on star wars battlefront 2015.