XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 52977 times)

Offline Markie_X

• View Profile
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box
« Reply #705 on: 07:20 AM - 02/16/19 »
Imants as the owner and creator is doing a great job communicating with it's customers,
adapting/evolving the Azeron, building the Azeron and shipping the Azeron.

When i orderded mine is was impressed in how the assembly & design of the Azeron came through.
From the start i understood this was a start-up company with an evolving product
and any changes to the new units i welcome and is perceived by me as a positive.

The 2018 Azeron will not be the same piece of kit as the 2019 Azeron, if you perceive
this as the 2018 being a lesser product or a negative you should not order in my opinion.

The fact that the 'handmade' term is being used as a negative surpises me, F1 cars are
being made by 'hand' and so are some of the most expensive watches in the world.
This is an evolving product which in it's current state is better than my Logitch G13's which
i used for nearly 10 years.

After 8 weeks i'm still figuring out the best angle for my hand and i have some ideas what would
benefit the Azeron. The idea that i can communicate with Imants and that he listens to the
feedback is just great, try this with Logitech after the your 6th G13 breaks down.

The Azeron unit is a wonderfull piece of kit in my opinion and i'm glad i'm able to see such a project.

Sorry if this comes over as a rant, just wanted it of my chest  :)

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: 08:23 AM - 02/16/19 »
That's no rant mate ... what you are saying is spot on.
It's a unique experience to be able to throw ideas back to the guy that built your keypad for you, and be listened to and answered in next to no time  :)

Offline BigBen

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: BigBen_JM
« Reply #707 on: 02:33 AM - 02/17/19 »
I have to chime in also.

You're searches didn't retrurn any ? I am a very happy compact user from the start, I didn't have any issue with the screws. My only complaints were about the palm rest and the joystick. Both are solved already although I have to say the I got used to the joystick and it is defintly not less the NAV one. I posted more than once about htis.

I ordered a second compact (I might get back in to pc gaming with the extra Azeron) I dont have shares in Imants business so why would I do that if I dont like it ? I have never seen better customer care in the last 5 years than the one by Imants.

The price of the Azeron is also way to cheap in my opinion but ofcourse I cannot look into your wallet (or disposable income), I spent so much money on more expensive useless gaming gear that I am ashamed of it....

But hey any hoby has it costs....

Best gaming product (together with the XIM ofcourse) of the last 5 years !

Offline parjn

• View Profile
« Reply #708 on: 08:38 PM - 02/17/19 »
I just got notified that my azeron is not far from me now! I'll probably have it on Tuesday! The thing that's Bummer is I'll have to wait to try it out till the end of the week.
PS4 Slim | Corsair K68 | Logitech g502 | Xim Apex | Azeron Original

Offline ejsilk

• View Profile
« Reply #709 on: 07:11 PM - 02/18/19 »
Hi,

so is there a way to replace the thumbstick for those who already purchased The Azeron?

Fantastic piece of kit, by the way. loving it to bits.
Yes, there will be two options, first as You see in picture PCB board with analog stick, but to change them need soldering, second will be full thumbstick body (Thumbstick body with analog stick and 5-way d-pad with all wires) can be swapped without soldering.

Nice
Let us know when they are available

Hi Imants,

Is the thumbstick available yet?

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: 07:34 PM - 02/18/19 »
Thumbsticks have been available for a while
| Apex ~ Zowie FK2 ~ Azeron Compact ~ G440 ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: 04:47 AM - 02/19/19 »
Just uploaded a video showing the improvements Iíve made within the week since I got my Azeron. Still have ALOT of muscle memory to build and improvements ingame because I lack so many basic skills right now due to me quitting the game around season 5. Iíll post another once I see more improvement with the device.

https://youtu.be/qz9Jp3zY8ps

Offline Jobe

• View Profile
« Reply #712 on: 10:46 AM - 02/19/19 »
I've had mine for little over a week now, was deliverd around the 8th Feb I think  ::)

I've pld with it quite a bit and I am still adjusting it here and there,, When I first used it the dead-zone in the stick was way off unfortunately, I mean the outter dead-zone.I just could not get the cursor to reach the corners no matter what I did in the software.. It was pretty frustrating but Imant's quickly saw the issue I was having and sent me a testing firmware/Software to try which gave me the options to decrease the outter DZ by a huge margin.. I think the Software I am using is 0.5.0 ??

Running my outter DZ now @ 216 ish I think, but what ever..it solved the issue so I'm happy lol..
It can be a bit buggy plugging into XIM though, I had to switch the JOY button on and off a couple of times for it to work, if this was not done it would act as if a key is stuck down and would continue scrolling through Xbox dashboard lol,, I put this down to software though which I hope is improving :)

For the build quality though I am a happy camper, although yeah I agree the way you make adjustments can be a bit fiddly. When you loosen screws the Arms don't always slide the way you want them too, just a bit rough that's all, but to be expected. Just be careful and remember to do them back up after adjusting, I forgot a few times :(

So far though loving the device, would of loved the back row buttons a bit more leaned back towards the parm just for more comfort but I'm being fussy & lazy lol oh and a smaller Stick much like a hat switch size but analog :)

I think the only thing that feels strange with this setup for me personally is using my finger nails to activate the buttons, I feel no buttons which is super odd, but I am still trying to get to grips with it (no pun intended)  :o
Ps4 Pro / Xbox One X
Ventus Z @ 11,000dpi / 1000hrz
Sony Nav / Orbweaver / Azeron Compact
Xim 3 / Xim 4 / Xim Apex

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: 10:49 AM - 02/19/19 »
Thatís why I would like W11ces code it just works with XIM. Always did.
Crusade atm: none

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: 10:52 AM - 02/19/19 »
Jobe, I recommend only using the pull buttons. I think I have one of the fingernail buttons doubled up as left DPAD or something so I can switch materials and traps in Fortnite, think I was also using it for sprint in Apex Legends.

Square, I use middle finger click ( down / keyboard press ) circle, pinky pull. X / jump, index pull and L1, Middle finger pull.

Pressing the analog for sprint is to hard, could use the button that would be thumbnail but I removed that ones tower and pulled it to the other side to give myself more space as I play mousepad on lap.

Offline Jobe

• View Profile
« Reply #715 on: 10:55 AM - 02/19/19 »

I take it this will come though yeah ???

I can live with switching modes a couple of times to make it work or be seen at least, but yeah it would be nice to not have to do that :)
Ps4 Pro / Xbox One X
Ventus Z @ 11,000dpi / 1000hrz
Sony Nav / Orbweaver / Azeron Compact
Xim 3 / Xim 4 / Xim Apex

Offline parjn

• View Profile
« Reply #716 on: 03:10 PM - 02/19/19 »

@roads the latest w11ces code is just in this thread somewhere right?

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: 06:19 PM - 02/19/19 »
https://github.com/W11cE/Azeron-Simplified-Firmware-for-XIM-Apex

Havent updated the dpad in yet, but at least I managed to put it now into GitHub.

Offline Cassidy

• View Profile
« Reply #718 on: 06:28 PM - 02/19/19 »
I want to buy. I went to their shop but can't find where to order. Can someone help me?

Offline parjn

• View Profile
« Reply #719 on: 06:31 PM - 02/19/19 »
Awesome thank you! Now I just gotta read this thread again so I know how to use your code.i just got my azeron original and it pains me that I can't really try it out till the weekend, but it looks great!
« Last Edit: 09:08 PM - 02/19/19 by parjn »