XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 45558 times)

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box
« Reply #690 on: 06:19 AM - 02/14/19 »

Sure it might have a few niggles, but it's nothing that can't be fixed .. my screws were a bit wonky, but it's handmade at a price that I think is underselling the true value of its worth, and I'm not going to complain about a few minutes of my time fixing it.

100% agree, itís a great product but it is hand made and obviously being made by one persons isnít going to be perfect.

Playing with it is great, just some things you need to look out for so you donít ruin it.
| Apex ~ Zowie FK2 ~ Azeron Compact ~ G440 ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline Zorph

• View Profile
« Reply #691 on: 01:19 PM - 02/14/19 »
I don't know how or were the screws are stripping.  Is it possible to use a bolt/nut or clue in an insert to screw into?

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: 08:27 PM - 02/14/19 »
I don't know how or were the screws are stripping.  Is it possible to use a bolt/nut or clue in an insert to screw into?

Thatís what the screws are in, put they pull it out.

**  not in reply to your post **

No I wasnít being careless, Iíve spent to much and been to excited for it, I love the product but Iím going to point out flaws so they can be worked on.

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #693 on: 08:56 PM - 02/14/19 »
No I wasnít being careless, Iíve spent to much and been to excited for it, I love the product but Iím going to point out flaws so they can be worked on.
First, I did send replacement part.
Second, You did over tight screws, as these brass inserts could not go into in metal part just like that.

Third, You can send it back and I will return a money.

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: 09:06 PM - 02/14/19 »
I should explain better what my issue was.

It was only that finger that happened to, I hadnít tightened it at all, I was setting it up, like I said, it happened minutes after removing it from the box.

I had a few fingers done and moved to that one, unscrewed it a little more ( not tightened ) and then went to turn it, the screw and the brass turned which I had to push back into place. I hadnít touched that finger at all before I had the issue.

Made sure from the start I used the long end to unscrew and turned using my index and thumb to make sure I wouldnít over tighten them.

Like I said, it is a great product, Iím pointing these things out so others can take extra care so they donít run into the same issues. Au1d said he had the same issue and so did another user.

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: 09:08 PM - 02/14/19 »
Probably going to do my little ď review ď in a few hours, all Iím saying is I fall more in love with this thing the more I adjust it ;D

Just wanted to quote this as it seems to be flying over peoples heads that I DO LIKE THE AZERON.

I would have returned it if I didnít.

Offline Jamesbone

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: FlexNup
  • PSN ID: Flexnitup
« Reply #696 on: 03:00 AM - 02/15/19 »
Imants

Just curious how far away my keypad is not in a rush just curious where I am in the line :P

Order number #1410884207

Thanks 😁

Offline parjn

• View Profile
« Reply #697 on: 03:07 AM - 02/15/19 »
I'm curious where my order is too, but USPS won't tell me. It's only been a week though so if I can't track the package within the USA then fine, it's out there somewhere getting closer and closer everyday.
PS4 Slim | Corsair K68 | Logitech g502 | Xim Apex | Azeron Original

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #698 on: 05:35 AM - 02/15/19 »
Imants

Just curious how far away my keypad is not in a rush just curious where I am in the line :P

Order number #1410884207

Thanks 😁
Next week will be ready and shipped out.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #699 on: 10:53 AM - 02/15/19 »
Is there anyone here currently using these devices and did not have the issues? My searches aren't returning any. Is there no better way for this device to secure itself without the potential for bad threading or stripping or just pieces falling out? I mean, when day 1 of use leads to those really harsh metal on metal marks, I have a reasonable reason for concern.
You clearly haven't read my response on the previous page of this thread.

Please be aware that it is the nature of consumers to raise issues if they have them, but to not communicate if they have none, hence the phrase: the vocal minority. Also, those that subscribe to this forum are, by their very nature of being social media users, likely to voice their opinions if they perceive faults further skewing perceptions of other readers.

Trust me, the Azeron is a great product at a great price. Get one.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Gigabyte Aorus, Audio Technica AD700, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend![/s]

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: 11:32 AM - 02/15/19 »
First, I did send replacement part.
Second, You did over tight screws, as these brass inserts could not go into in metal part just like that.

Third, You can send it back and I will return a money.

This response really turned me off as a potential buyer. There is no doubt an issue when three people here had the same issue. If there is potential for this to happen so easily, it's a design issue. If you disagree, provide us some video evidence to show what you believe this user and other users have done and what they should have done. Otherwise, I am going to believe the person who simply wants a good product for their money. Your other responses have been a lot more friendly, but this one certainly won't age well.

I appreciate people buying these and testing them and giving honest reviews because these forums are FULL of misinformation by people too afraid to give honest reviews. Too many people here think they can throw money at problems and instantly become better players.

Sounds to me like the biggest selling point for this is the ability to easily adjust it to fit your hand, yet the only people here reviewing it all had the same issue. Is there anyone here currently using these devices and did not have the issues? My searches aren't returning any. Is there no better way for this device to secure itself without the potential for bad threading or stripping or just pieces falling out? I mean, when day 1 of use leads to those really harsh metal on metal marks, I have a reasonable reason for concern.

Well if I was a potential buyer and I saw a response like that from the seller, I would think that looks like pretty good customer service.

He sent a spare part free of charge, and also offered a full money back refund.

But I am not a "potential buyer" ... I have both versions of the Azeron and I couldn't be happier with the customer service I have had from Imants.

When I got my compact delivered I told him that I was a wee bit dissapointed that he had reduced the spacing on the switches ... he apologised for not pointing this out to me and said that I could send it back and he would change it back to the old spacing for me.

He did not ask for any payment for this, but I wanted to contribute to the cost ... I had to pester him for ages to try and get paypal details out of him so I could do what I thought was the right thing as there was nothing wrong with the compact he sent me .. it was my fingers that found the spacing too tight.

I have had 3 Azerons and I've been using one for a good while so here is a review that is completely honest ... yes I did have a slight problem with the brass inserts on one of them but I fixed it easily myself after taking the time to unscrew the fingers to do it.

Would I buy it again after having this little problem ... ABSOLUTELY .. I friggin love this keypad !!
I'm just glad that someone who, (in my opinion) maybe did not start this as a business venture, has decided to make it available to others, at a price that doesn't reflect the time he has invested in this.
« Last Edit: 11:42 AM - 02/15/19 by Au1d Yin »

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: 11:45 AM - 02/15/19 »
^ I also agree with that and the previous replies.

I also love the Azeron and Iím starting to feel as if imants feels like I am trying to attack the Azeron, which Iím not, Iím simply sharing my experience with the Azeron.

Iím not going to express how excited I am to receive it and then go silent once I receive it and have problems with it.

Imants customer service has been amazing, better then anything Iíve dealt with before, extremely fast and helpful.

The Azeron is an amazing product and we ( the Xim community) have been asking for something like this forever, it has its flaws which is expected, itís hand made but once you get around all of them ( if you do run into any ) it is amazing.

Sorry if this has seemed like Iím trying to put a bad name on Azeron, Iím not and have tried my best to make that known. Its your decision whether it by you want to invest your money into it and Iím just letting people know what they could experience and let Imants know what I feel could be worked on.

Offline Jamesbone

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: FlexNup
  • PSN ID: Flexnitup
« Reply #702 on: 05:41 PM - 02/15/19 »
Imants

Order number #1410884207

Thanks 😁
Next week will be ready and shipped out.

Thanks for reply awesome :)

Offline levis51653

• View Profile
« Reply #703 on: 11:12 PM - 02/15/19 »
Does anyone possess and can affirm this item works?

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: 03:16 AM - 02/16/19 »
Does anyone possess and can affirm this item works?

Yes, it works.