XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 52494 times)

Offline S13002931

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: S13002932
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box
« Reply #675 on: 03:25 PM - 02/12/19 »
Does anyone know how I can rotate the forwards motion of the thumb stick slightly counterclockwise?

Why are you trying to alter joystick   motion ?  Is default  setting not good ?  If not then why not ?!

If its been set at perfect place by Azeron,  you should not have such issue ?!
PS4 Pro 1tb SSD, 2tb hdd |Xim Apex 1000hz|Titan Two|Swiftpoint Z Mouse|Logitech G Pro wireless  16k dpi|Logitech G440 hardpad|Corsair K63 TKL keyboard |4k Samsung Uh750 27.9" monitor|Blue Yeti microphone|X-rocker pro 2.1 gaming chair 2016 model|Netduma R1 router♡ Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless headset♡Azeron Compact keypad  (expected to be delivered in March)  you really read all that ? :)

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: 03:36 PM - 02/12/19 »
Naw, it was making it so the natural direction I would push forward was moving diagonally left so I would have to push at a weird angle which was pretty much impossible to keep up when trying to play without thinking.

Easy to fix and Iíve fixed it though.
| Apex ~ Zowie FK2 ~ Azeron Compact ~ G440 ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: 03:38 PM - 02/12/19 »
Naw, it was making it so the natural direction I would push forward was moving diagonally left so I would have to push at a weird angle which was pretty much impossible to keep up when trying to play without thinking.

I knew what you meant. The direction your thumb points is probably different due to hand size. You should probably mention how you fixed it cause I imagine this might be a common issue.
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline burnttoast

• View Profile
« Reply #678 on: 04:34 PM - 02/12/19 »
Mine is being shipped next week, Being a noob how easy is it to set up with XIM? - i see it says it is straight out of the box but is that true as I see some posts contradictory to that?

Offline MisterWicked1

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: MisterWicked1
« Reply #679 on: 04:36 PM - 02/12/19 »

You make your review yet? Make some tutorials if you got the time also that way those of us waiting patiently got some insight what we are in for

Offline parjn

• View Profile
« Reply #680 on: 05:20 PM - 02/12/19 »
Yes I am eagerly awaiting JDMs review. Especially since my tracking notifications are nonexistent.
PS4 Slim | Corsair K68 | Logitech g502 | Xim Apex | Azeron Original

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: 01:48 AM - 02/13/19 »
Sorry I havenít shared anything yet, Iím still trying to get use to it.

One thing Iím going to say is, I donít think itís going to make you a better player and RIGHT NOW, I think for me, the Nav was more comfortable, I think I just like the fact itís secure in my hand ( Nav ). I think this will go over time, just may be he fact Iím not completely use to the buttons...

This is probably because Iíve completely ruined my sensitivity in Fortnite and now canít tell whether I should be playing with a really high or just high sensitivity.

Iíve pretty much got the buttons down, just the panic clicks are still a huge thing.

The press buttons feel like they take way too much force to click and Iíd like it if the pull buttons had less travel distance. They activate and click pretty fast, just thereís a lot of loose space after that. I think Iíd prefer it if the pressure it takes to click the press buttons ( keyboard like buttons ) was swapped with the pull buttons and maybe even the travel. Right now Iím not using any of the keyboard like buttons, just to hard to press. I might just need to adjust the fingers so I can press them better, right now I have it setup so itís easier to access the pull buttons.

I canít really say much because Iím not completely use to it and Iím getting slightly frustrated about my sensitivity.

It is a good device, the build quality isnít great due to the screws, it seems like the issue I made a post about is happening with all of the fingers, I just know how to prevent it which I feel like I shouldnít have to worry about and hopefully this is improved on newer orders.

Iím looking at it right now as a test product and it does work well once youíve got it set up properly.

Setup ( technically) is pretty easy, only issue was the thumbstick which was easy to change.

Also, the tower buttons are really badly cut, maybe itís just mine but they look like they were cut with a knife.

Right now, Iím kinda only saying the bad things about it but Iím not used to it. In

With what I said about the Nav feeling more comfortable to me, I have noticed the extra buttons are quite nice, itís just more comfortable to hold which will most likely change once Iíve build proper muscle memory.

Iíll share more soon hopefully.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #682 on: 07:44 PM - 02/13/19 »
Did you order the Compact or original? Compact's towers are much better for console gaming.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: 07:46 PM - 02/13/19 »
Yup, the Compact.

Starting to get more comfortable with it, not really having the most fun gaming right now, kinda starting to realise how bad console is lol ( nothing to do with the keypad )

My only issues with it would be the build quality, the screws and stuff.

Offline S13002931

• View Profile
« Reply #684 on: 02:07 AM - 02/14/19 »
Yup, the Compact.

Starting to get more comfortable with it, not really having the most fun gaming right now, kinda starting to realise how bad console is lol ( nothing to do with the keypad )

My only issues with it would be the build quality, the screws and stuff.

Maybe you should give it few days /week,  come back and write a tentative review  ?!

It will be more helpful for others including myself.   
PS4 Pro 1tb SSD, 2tb hdd |Xim Apex 1000hz|Titan Two|Swiftpoint Z Mouse|Logitech G Pro wireless  16k dpi|Logitech G440 hardpad|Corsair K63 TKL keyboard |4k Samsung Uh750 27.9" monitor|Blue Yeti microphone|X-rocker pro 2.1 gaming chair 2016 model|Netduma R1 router♡ Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless headset♡Azeron Compact keypad  (expected to be delivered in March)  you really read all that ? :)

Offline S13002931

• View Profile
« Reply #685 on: 02:09 AM - 02/14/19 »
Did you order the Compact or original? Compact's towers are much better for console gaming.

Is your compact too ? May I please know if you have any issues with build quality or screws ?

My order is in process ,   but i would like to hear from you as someone else has confused the @#$% out of me by all negativity about  Azeron compact.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #686 on: 03:21 AM - 02/14/19 »

Is your compact too ? May I please know if you have any issues with build quality or screws ?

My order is in process ,   but i would like to hear from you as someone else has confused the @#$% out of me by all negativity about  Azeron compact.
It's an excellent bit of kit. Hand built by a real craftsman. Buttons are all very responsive and easy to use. Thumbstick works well and palmpad is perfect for my medium-sized hand.

The Azeron is adjustable to fit different finger lengths. As with any artisan, hand-made product it's important to be careful when you make those tweaks. I was, and I had no problems.

Imants is constantly tweaking both the hardware and software based on feedback from this community. This results in many small variations in the product (finger towers, thumbsticks (with and without PCB) and more upcoming) so buyers with different variations have different experiences.

The software is constantly being upgraded, as is the norm with a niche product like the Azeron (and the XIM!) but I found it easy to use and have set all my bindings and the thumbstick deadzone to my preference without difficulty.

I bought the compact version and my device works and handles exactly as I would hope.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB, T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica AD700, Modmic 5, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline S13002931

• View Profile
« Reply #687 on: 04:20 AM - 02/14/19 »

It's an excellent bit of kit. Hand built by a real craftsman. Buttons are all very responsive and easy to use. Thumbstick works well and palmpad is perfect for my medium-sized hand.

The Azeron is adjustable to fit different finger lengths. As with any artisan, hand-made product it's important to be careful when you make those tweaks. I was, and I had no problems.

Imants is constantly tweaking both the hardware and software based on feedback from this community. This results in many small variations in the product (finger towers, thumbsticks (with and without PCB) and more upcoming) so buyers with different variations have different experiences.

The software is constantly being upgraded, as is the norm with a niche product like the Azeron (and the XIM!) but I found it easy to use and have set all my bindings and the thumbstick deadzone to my preference without difficulty.

I bought the compact version and my device works and handles exactly as I would hope.

Thanks very much. Peace of mind   :)   My compact will be delivered in march.

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: 06:01 AM - 02/14/19 »
If you give it the time it needs to adapt to a new way of finger control on a keypad the Azeron is in a class of it's own ... I'm really enjoying gaming much more since I started using it.

Sure it might have a few niggles, but it's nothing that can't be fixed .. my screws were a bit wonky, but it's handmade at a price that I think is underselling the true value of its worth, and I'm not going to complain about a few minutes of my time fixing it.
« Last Edit: 06:11 AM - 02/14/19 by Au1d Yin »

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: 06:07 AM - 02/14/19 »

Relax ... everyone doesn't all like the same things in life ... you wont know till you get one in your hand.
I have the original Tower Azeron and the Compact Azeron and I love them both .... you on the other hand might not like them at all?