XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 45693 times)

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box
« Reply #555 on: 03:08 PM - 01/29/19 »
He still hasnít received the new thumbsticks if thatís what youíre asking.
| Apex ~ Zowie FK2 ~ Azeron Compact ~ G440 ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: 03:44 PM - 01/29/19 »
Don't Panic
Crusade atm: XIM Mouse that is stable 1000hz at 12000 or higher no delays by smoothing. XIM APEX is ridiculous without a XIM Mouse.

Offline S13002931

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: S13002932
« Reply #557 on: 04:41 PM - 01/29/19 »
Not panicking  :p  New  joystick   :-*
PS4 Pro 1tb SSD, 2tb hdd |Xim Apex 1000hz|Titan Two|Swiftpoint Z Mouse|Logitech G Pro wireless  16k dpi|Logitech G440 hardpad|Corsair K63 TKL keyboard |4k Samsung Uh750 27.9" monitor|Blue Yeti microphone|X-rocker pro 2.1 gaming chair 2016 model|Netduma R1 router♡ Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless headset♡Azeron Compact keypad  (expected to be delivered in March)  you really read all that ? :)

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: 06:36 PM - 01/29/19 »
W11ce could you please modify your code for the new layout for the compact? Imants simple code seems to have the stick off, no full motion and strange forward direction. Au1d Yin has the same problem.
I will just feck it up.

here is the pinout:

What are keys on pins 3 and 10? I cant think of a location where those would exist on the device itself.

Scaling for the joystick works in code but unfortunately not rotating. The problem is that these joysticks are too poor quality for that to make any difference. There are entire 10-20 degree sections that are missing completely. The joystick is so loose that it will just skip over some parts when you try to rotate that. Is the joystick improved on the new versions?

Also the joystick actually jitters, due to the fact that there are no filter capacitors on the input pins. This can be somewhat eliminated on code, which should never be done, but can help.

And also a quick report after around 100h of gameplay: Its starting to fall apart, literally. I have noticed 3 screws on my desk and those are from the device. Not sure where, cant find the correct hole. But i can tell it has something to do with the palm rest. It is quite loose. Also one switch is dying. It is doing the typical double press every now and then. I hope this is not happening for other switches.

If W11ce has a Paypal account we should maybe be showing our thanks for his efforts?
Just a thought as I'm grateful for the help he's given us :) 
Thanks, that is not required, but would always be nice :).
If you want to donate, you can do that to my XIM Link donations account: https://github.com/W11cE/XIM-Link/blob/master/Donate.md

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: 04:27 AM - 01/30/19 »
Pins 3 and 10 will be for the two top switches on the tower Azeron .. the ones you hit with your middle and index finger nail.
Think when you use the Azeron software the diagram works for both versions and they don't light up on any switch presses when you use the Azeron software with the compact.

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: 04:52 AM - 01/30/19 »
Your Azeron is breaking already?

Have you removed or tinkered with any of the screws before?

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: 06:25 AM - 01/30/19 »
Is not the housing. W11cemeister will solve it. He always does. Rotate that stick 15 degree clockwise please by code.
I've taken the stick out of it's housing and it now reaches full analog in all directions.

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #562 on: 06:43 AM - 01/30/19 »
Also the joystick actually jitters, due to the fact that there are no filter capacitors on the input pins. This can be somewhat eliminated on code, which should never be done, but can help.

And also a quick report after around 100h of gameplay: Its starting to fall apart, literally. I have noticed 3 screws on my desk and those are from the device. Not sure where, cant find the correct hole. But i can tell it has something to do with the palm rest. It is quite loose. Also one switch is dying. It is doing the typical double press every now and then. I hope this is not happening for other switches.

Can You suggest what capacitors I need to use? I am self learning on electronic and just looking for similar setup's and using them in mine.

You can make photo from bottom, so I can tell where screws are from. Did You open a keypad, tight all screws after adjustments?

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #563 on: 08:04 AM - 01/30/19 »
Also one switch is dying. It is doing the typical double press every now and then. I hope this is not happening for other switches.
These are some low price switches, but moving to some Omron switches, would rise price for keypad in about 15-20 euros. I need to get them, test and I can add that as option.
At the moment I have one idea how to deal with that in software.

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: 08:21 AM - 01/30/19 »
It's a unique hand made device you have built, but I think that is a no brainer that you should be using the very best switches and joystick available.
Most of us are gamers that spend a lot of money on the gadgets we play with, and given the option of Omron switches I think most would want them as the default, with the cheaper ones as an option for others.
« Last Edit: 10:10 AM - 01/30/19 by Au1d Yin »

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #565 on: 08:54 AM - 01/30/19 »
It's a unique hand made device you have built, but I think that is a no brainer that you should be using the very best switches and joystick available.
Most of us are gamers that spend a lot of money for the gadgets we play with, and given the option of Omron switches I think most would want them as the default, with the cheaper ones as an option for others.
Its a good question, how many really would like to pay extra for theses switches, I just cant spend 500-1000 euro for these switches to build inventory, without making sure that they will be requested.

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: 09:37 AM - 01/30/19 »
Well one way to find out would be to sell the Azeron as it is now, at a price that would match the expected extra cost of fitting quality switches, and see how it goes ... I personally think it would still be sought after.

Offline chad20

• View Profile
« Reply #567 on: 01:35 PM - 01/30/19 »
Iím still not sure when mine will ship but I would like the better joystick and switches if possible.

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: 02:20 PM - 01/30/19 »
Iím still not sure when mine will ship but I would like the better joystick and switches if possible.

If your Azeron hasnít already started shipping, it will come with the Xbox ( better ) thumbstick.

Offline S13002931

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: S13002932
« Reply #569 on: 03:44 PM - 01/30/19 »
Most of us are gamers that spend a lot of money for the gadgets we play with, and given the option of Omron switches I think most would want them as the default, with the cheaper ones as an option for others.
Its a good question, how many really would like to pay extra for theses switches, I just cant spend 500-1000 euro for these switches to build inventory, without making sure that they will be requested.

Hello Azeron

Can you please build my  compact  with  Omron  switches ? & high quality joystick? Ä20   extra  for Omron switches  ?  No problem.   Please let me know  if you can ?

I will send you Ä20  via PayPal friends and family.    Or Ä15 ? :D

Order #1----------4659

Thank you
« Last Edit: 04:13 PM - 01/30/19 by S13002931 »
PS4 Pro 1tb SSD, 2tb hdd |Xim Apex 1000hz|Titan Two|Swiftpoint Z Mouse|Logitech G Pro wireless  16k dpi|Logitech G440 hardpad|Corsair K63 TKL keyboard |4k Samsung Uh750 27.9" monitor|Blue Yeti microphone|X-rocker pro 2.1 gaming chair 2016 model|Netduma R1 router♡ Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless headset♡Azeron Compact keypad  (expected to be delivered in March)  you really read all that ? :)