XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 46409 times)

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box
« Reply #510 on: 04:11 PM - 01/22/19 »
In the product options there is one that says "Tower Rail Size". Would you be able to point out specifically what the tower rail is? There's a few things in that photo that could be seen as a "rail" - is it the distance the towers can be pushed back? Or spread apart from left to right? It's not entirely clear to me what the rail is.
It is a part where towers as screwed to, so You can adjust distance, large ones have 10mm longer.

« Last Edit: 01:34 AM - 01/23/19 by Azeron »

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: 04:18 PM - 01/22/19 »
In the product options there is one that says "Tower Rail Size". Would you be able to point out specifically what the tower rail is? There's a few things in that photo that could be seen as a "rail" - is it the distance the towers can be pushed back? Or spread apart from left to right? It's not entirely clear to me what the rail is.
It is a part where towers as screwed to, so You can adjust distance, large ones have 10mm longer.

interactive coin flip

Thank you!!!
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline S13002931

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: S13002932
« Reply #512 on: 04:24 PM - 01/22/19 »

interactive coin flip

Thank you!!!

:p  getting compact or standard  ?
PS4 Pro 1tb SSD, 2tb hdd |Xim Apex 1000hz|Titan Two|Swiftpoint Z Mouse|Logitech G Pro wireless  16k dpi|Logitech G440 hardpad|Corsair K63 TKL keyboard |4k Samsung Uh750 27.9" monitor|Blue Yeti microphone|X-rocker pro 2.1 gaming chair 2016 model|Netduma R1 router♡ Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless headset♡Azeron Compact keypad  (expected to be delivered in March)  you really read all that ? :)

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: 04:25 PM - 01/22/19 »
If I were to buy definitely the compact.
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #514 on: 06:57 PM - 01/22/19 »
piiwii, I have ordered the Compact with shorter tower rails, new thumbstick, 5-directional d-pad and a flat palm-rest...all the stuff that's different from the original Azeron to make it easy to compare & contrast the two. I think that pretty much covers the requests from the XIM community and if you're going to hold back, do so for maybe 1-2 months.

I'm not expecting my Compact to arrive for maybe 4-6 weeks (it's being held back until Imants is ready with the various bits and pieces). I'll use the Compact and the original Azeron while streaming (the whole point of the stream is to showcase products). The stream will feature an overhead hand-cam so you'll be able to see how they both look and behave in-game.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline parjn

• View Profile
« Reply #515 on: 07:41 PM - 01/22/19 »
piiwii, I have ordered the Compact with shorter tower rails, new thumbstick, 5-directional d-pad and a flat palm-rest...all the stuff that's different from the original Azeron to make it easy to compare & contrast the two. I think that pretty much covers the requests from the XIM community and if you're going to hold back, do so for maybe 1-2 months.

I'm not expecting my Compact to arrive for maybe 4-6 weeks (it's being held back until Imants is ready with the various bits and pieces). I'll use the Compact and the original Azeron while streaming (the whole point of the stream is to showcase products). The stream will feature an overhead hand-cam so you'll be able to see how they both look and behave in-game.

Where do I get access to your streams?
PS4 Slim | Corsair K68 | Logitech g502 | Xim Apex | Azeron Original

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 08:05 PM - 01/22/19 »

I'm most curious to hear about long term comfort. I have mild arthritis in two fingers, and the thought of my finger being "stuck" in a little pit for long periods is kind of scary. With a keyboard I can let my fingers stretch out. With a Joy-Con or Nav I can let my fingers dangle to the side. But with this it seems like you place your fingers into a little pit and sure there's wiggle room, but is it going to feel a little "claustrophobic" after a while?

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: 10:09 PM - 01/22/19 »
piiwii you should absolutely buy one now. Reason is the product changes will never stop, Imants will find pieces made better. You cant by an Imac either if you want to buy the refined version, there wont be any until its not produced any more. Each version is better than any left hand input device I have ever used including the N52te. The old palm rest is not a letdown but for some players the upward borders can be annoying after long playtime. I personally am completely OK but I don't play 6 hours in a row.
The compact is better for us as the controller has less keys, you don't need the tower. The tower keys are ballerina to reach. I used them for menu buttons only and that why I suggested to Imants to use the top of the short towers as menu keys. The d-pad is an absolute must as the the d-pad can be distributed on 4 keys in a row on the Azeron but its always weird to use it and hard to learn. After weeks I still have problems in BF5.
PC players will not mind about the d-pad, I sold my V1 within days on Ebay for the price I bought it. It will be always short in demand, handmade low number of devices. Imants redesigns parts, not the whole thing, so parts are exchangeable for a small fee and sometimes a bit of soldering. And lastly the device is cheap for a handcrafted 3D printed device. Itís almost a gift from Imants that has to be supported. I paid 7 Euro for a single button at a local 3D shop, made me buy a 3d printer as an Ender 3D pro is now available for 250 Euro. The whole device would cost an estimated 700 Euro if you asked a shop to print it. They ask prices as if they had to sit next to the 3D-printer the hole time.
« Last Edit: 10:27 PM - 01/22/19 by roads »
Crusade atm: XIM Mouse that is stable 1000hz at 12000 or higher no delays by smoothing. XIM APEX is ridiculous without a XIM Mouse.

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: 10:54 PM - 01/22/19 »
piiwii you should absolutely buy one now. Reason is the product changes will never stop, Imants will find pieces made better. You cant by an Imac either if you want to buy the refined version, there wont be any until its not produced any more. Each version is better than any left hand input device I have ever used including the N52te. The old palm rest is not a letdown but for some players the upward borders can be annoying after long playtime. I personally am completely OK but I don't play 6 hours in a row.
The compact is better for us as the controller has less keys, you don't need the tower. The tower keys are ballerina to reach. I used them for menu buttons only and that why I suggested to Imants to use the top of the short towers as menu keys. The d-pad is an absolute must as the the d-pad can be distributed on 4 keys in a row on the Azeron but its always weird to use it and hard to learn. After weeks I still have problems in BF5.
PC players will not mind about the d-pad, I sold my V1 within days on Ebay for the price I bought it. It will be always short in demand, handmade low number of devices. Imants redesigns parts, not the whole thing, so parts are exchangeable for a small fee and sometimes a bit of soldering. And lastly the device is cheap for a handcrafted 3D printed device. Itís almost a gift from Imants that has to be supported. I paid 7 Euro for a single button at a local 3D shop, made me buy a 3d printer as an Ender 3D pro is now available for 250 Euro. The whole device would cost an estimated 700 Euro if you asked a shop to print it. They ask prices as if they had to sit next to the 3D-printer the hole time.

The problem is I'm going to get a Wooting Two soon which runs at like $250-300AUD, and after just buying the Logitech G703 ($150AUD) and the Logitech G Pro Wireless ($250AUD) so I'm just a bit weary of spending more.

As for the 6 hour comment - I regularly do 12-15 hour marathons lol so posture, comfort, longevity etc are more important to me than most people so it's really hard for me to assess this stuff.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: 10:59 PM - 01/22/19 »
Sure cant help you with financials always your decision. Imho the compact is already 90% perfect for us Ximmers.

my new palm compact is already in-country

21:35
Germany - Item sent abroad
19:31
Sorting centre - Riga
Item received at Sorting centre - Riga
15:31
Postal Office: Ziras PN, LV-3624
Item received from client in Postal office: Ziras PN, LV-3624
Crusade atm: XIM Mouse that is stable 1000hz at 12000 or higher no delays by smoothing. XIM APEX is ridiculous without a XIM Mouse.

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: 11:32 PM - 01/22/19 »
For everyone worrying about the Palm rest, I am paying extra for Imants to send me both ( you will be able to switch them around )

So if youíre planning on waiting a few weeks to decide on which palmrest you want, I should be able to share my experiences with both to help you.
| Apex ~ Zowie FK2 ~ Azeron Compact ~ G440 ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #521 on: 02:55 PM - 01/23/19 »
I'm most curious to hear about long term comfort. I have mild arthritis in two fingers, and the thought of my finger being "stuck" in a little pit for long periods is kind of scary. With a keyboard I can let my fingers stretch out. With a Joy-Con or Nav I can let my fingers dangle to the side. But with this it seems like you place your fingers into a little pit and sure there's wiggle room, but is it going to feel a little "claustrophobic" after a while?
The finger pits for Azeron are twice the size of what's needed, for me at least. Compact is smaller, but I don't think they verge of claustrophobic. It'll be easy to pull the fingers up for a stretch on the  Compact, but not so easy on the original.

Finger posture is roughly that of a keyboard, with more thumb extension. The issue for me is wrist elevation and rotation, which I do find somewhat uncomfortable, but I counter by using an ergo elbow support to straighten things up. I suspect the flat palm rest will allow for more rotation and more flexible hand position.

I doubt Azeron will replace my keyboard for MP games any time soon, but I like to tinker with input devices and will see how the Compact goes. For me, the thumbstick for movement is a bit of future-proofing in case game devs get more clever with input heuristics.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: 03:05 PM - 01/23/19 »
I doubt Azeron will replace my keyboard for MP games any time soon
[/quote]

Whyís this?

Iím planning to use this to get back into Fortnite as I think I have Arthritis in my right hand ( Iím only 16...... turning 17 soon ) and even moving my index finger ( where most of the pain and numbness is happening ) to different buttons on my mouse is causing pain so the Nav isnít cutting it anymore.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #523 on: 03:12 PM - 01/23/19 »
Because I don't come from a controller background for shooters and 40 years of keyboard muscle memory is hard to overcome...old dog, new trick.

I enjoy Azeron, but it requires me to jump through a lot of mental hoops. It's mostly to do with d-pad and melee bindings, which are a problem no matter what I use (I'd use a lefty Razer Orbweaver and lefty Logitech G Pro mouse in a heartbeat).

I should find the Compact easier to accommodate with the 5-way button and stick upgrade. I'm still unsure where to place melee as I want to be able to hit shoot and melee concurrently (no right-side buttons on G Pro), but d-pad is covered :)

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: 03:20 PM - 01/23/19 »
Oh alright, I thought you were saying the Azeron in general wasnít good for MP games lol.

For melee, Iím probably going to bind that to pinky flick forward or down.

One thing that may set me and everyone else apart is on games such as call of duty and battlefield, Iíve always played on ď tactical ď button layout which switches your crouch and melee button. Crouch will be right stick and melee will be circle of whatever button crouch usually is.

I remember when I made a new account for BO4 and I forgot to change this, I literally couldnít play.

Using this may help you, I canít guarantee but it may. I canít remember what the exact issue was but it definitely helps.

I did this first on controller years ago when I started playing claw which had ruined my fngers lol.