XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 52639 times)

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box
« Reply #495 on: 12:19 PM - 01/21/19 »

First Flat Palmrest Keypad, now need to wait for some feedbacks from people who ask for these changes :)

I canít wait for this thing!
| Apex ~ Zowie FK2 ~ Azeron Compact ~ G440 ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: 12:24 PM - 01/21/19 »
Really slick now

Crusade atm: none

Offline S13002931

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: S13002932
« Reply #497 on: 02:29 PM - 01/21/19 »
I am going to put a request for new flat palm rest  on compact too. Would it be better than original  palm rest ?   
« Last Edit: 03:59 PM - 01/21/19 by S13002931 »
PS4 Pro 1tb SSD, 2tb hdd |Xim Apex 1000hz|Titan Two|Swiftpoint Z Mouse|Logitech G Pro wireless  16k dpi|Logitech G440 hardpad|Corsair K63 TKL keyboard |4k Samsung Uh750 27.9" monitor|Blue Yeti microphone|X-rocker pro 2.1 gaming chair 2016 model|Netduma R1 router♡ Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless headset♡Azeron Compact keypad  (expected to be delivered in March)  you really read all that ? :)

Offline parjn

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: 02:15 PM - 01/22/19 »
Guys, I got the email from Imants asking if I was interested in the flat version, what do you guys think? would it really be that much better? I feel like it wouldn't make a difference because my wrist/arm will just fit in between the curves. I hope to get some more feedback from you guys on what I should get.
PS4 Slim | Corsair K68 | Logitech g502 | Xim Apex | Azeron Original

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: 02:22 PM - 01/22/19 »
Will have it in a couple of days or do you want me to get the glas Orb? Could open my eyes wide and put up a strange grin. :D
Crusade atm: none

Offline parjn

• View Profile
« Reply #500 on: 02:23 PM - 01/22/19 »
Maybe Imants won't mind if I don't tell him for a couple days. Could you be sure to put on here what you like best about it compared to the original version?
PS4 Slim | Corsair K68 | Logitech g502 | Xim Apex | Azeron Original

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: 03:12 PM - 01/22/19 »
Hi guys the two main reasons why I haven't jumped on this are:

1) Worried about continual improvements and thinking I should wait for another year until it's more refined, and;

2) I can't quite figure out what the difference is between the regular and compact so it's giving me ...whatever they call it it consumer psychology, analysis paralysis, anxiety of choice or whatever.

So:

1) What is the future roadmap look like? I assume the creator is continuing to evolve this? And if so has the creator given any sort of commitments to modularity (e.g. every new improvement is guaranteed to be backwards compatible and available to purchase as separate parts), or is everything up for grabs in the name of progress (which is fine too I just want to be clearer about the product philosophy).

2) Looking at the pictures, it seems like the compact is not actually any smaller in terms of the main body, it's just missing the top buttons - is this correct? If the bodies are virtually identical that makes me more likely to buy, because I've wasted so much money on mice looking for a good shape and the thought of choosing between two $200AUD products without being able to test the shape in person fills me with anxiety! There's also talk of a dpad but for the life of me I can't see anything resembling one in the photos, or if it's a WIP I can't see where they could even put it as there's no room left for one.

Thanks
« Last Edit: 03:19 PM - 01/22/19 by piiwii »
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline S13002931

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: 03:15 PM - 01/22/19 »
Can anyone please post photo of  D-pad  on Azeron  ?

I have ordered Compact too.   I left it upto  Imants to decide  whether standard or  Flat palm rest. As I dont know....... he must know better as he is the one who crrated it.

Further more,, been told later ,  palm rests can be changed. So not a big  problem there
PS4 Pro 1tb SSD, 2tb hdd |Xim Apex 1000hz|Titan Two|Swiftpoint Z Mouse|Logitech G Pro wireless  16k dpi|Logitech G440 hardpad|Corsair K63 TKL keyboard |4k Samsung Uh750 27.9" monitor|Blue Yeti microphone|X-rocker pro 2.1 gaming chair 2016 model|Netduma R1 router♡ Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless headset♡Azeron Compact keypad  (expected to be delivered in March)  you really read all that ? :)

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: 03:20 PM - 01/22/19 »
Can anyone please post photo of  D-pad  on Azeron  ?

I have ordered Compact too.   I left it upto  Imants to decide  whether standard or  Flat palm rest. As I dont know....... he must know better as he is the one who crrated it.

Further more,, been told later ,  palm rests can be changed. So not a big  problem there

Are you able to pay a bit more and get the flat palm rest added in too? I would go crazy trying to decide.
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

Offline S13002931

• View Profile
« Reply #504 on: 03:30 PM - 01/22/19 »
Very good question!   He mentioned that it will be added to store to order separate later in coming time. But I shall ask him via email & post here too...

Azeron ? Please advise , if we can pay extra n  get a spare palm rest ,?

E.g if   you make Flat   palm rest  & if  you can send standard palm rest too for  extra  £Ä$  ? And how much  spare  palm rest will be ? Will it be easy to replace ? Or will it need  soldering  ?   

As I have no means of soldering wires :p

Thanks
« Last Edit: 03:36 PM - 01/22/19 by S13002931 »

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: 03:43 PM - 01/22/19 »
Hi guys the two main reasons why I haven't jumped on this are:

1) Worried about continual improvements and thinking I should wait for another year until it's more refined, and;

2) I can't quite figure out what the difference is between the regular and compact so it's giving me ...whatever they call it it consumer psychology, analysis paralysis, anxiety of choice or whatever.

So:

1) What is the future roadmap look like? I assume the creator is continuing to evolve this? And if so has the creator given any sort of commitments to modularity (e.g. every new improvement is guaranteed to be backwards compatible and available to purchase as separate parts), or is everything up for grabs in the name of progress (which is fine too I just want to be clearer about the product philosophy).

2) Looking at the pictures, it seems like the compact is not actually any smaller in terms of the main body, it's just missing the top buttons - is this correct? If the bodies are virtually identical that makes me more likely to buy, because I've wasted so much money on mice looking for a good shape and the thought of choosing between two $200AUD products without being able to test the shape in person fills me with anxiety! There's also talk of a dpad but for the life of me I can't see anything resembling one in the photos, or if it's a WIP I can't see where they could even put it as there's no room left for one.

Thanks
On Your first question You can read this topic, I post answer there yesterday. In this version I will do some upgrades or changes if there will be requests or feedback' but just if they will be backwards compatible. Anything else will go to next revision (than not coming out any time soon).
 Compact and Standard keypad only visible difference is tower size and compact version had 2 less buttons and spacing inventive tower buttons are bit smaller. Its more which one You prefer visually.
 And 5 way D-pad You can see in this picture:
« Last Edit: 01:37 AM - 01/23/19 by Azeron »

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: 03:55 PM - 01/22/19 »
Thanks for your reply. Has anyone ever asked you for a detachable USB cable? A lot of us play in the living room and it's much neater to be able to just unplug it and move it around, and especially if you're travelling. This is one of the first things I look for when buying keyboards.

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #507 on: 03:59 PM - 01/22/19 »
Very good question!   He mentioned that it will be added to store to order separate later in coming time. But I shall ask him via email & post here too...

Azeron ? Please advise , if we can pay extra n  get a spare palm rest ,?

E.g if   you make Flat   palm rest  & if  you can send standard palm rest too for  extra  £Ä$  ? And how much  spare  palm rest will be ? Will it be easy to replace ? Or will it need  soldering  ?   

As I have no means of soldering wires :p

Thanks
I will add separate palmrest in store later, so anyone can upgrade it.
To change it would not be hard, still need place all wires in place and carefully put together mid part, soldering is not requite there, just 3 screwdriver's
Price for palmrest upgrade may be around 20euro.
« Last Edit: 01:38 AM - 01/23/19 by Azeron »

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: 04:01 PM - 01/22/19 »
In the product options there is one that says "Tower Rail Size". Would you be able to point out specifically what the tower rail is? There's a few things in that photo that could be seen as a "rail" - is it the distance the towers can be pushed back? Or spread apart from left to right? It's not entirely clear to me what the rail is.

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: 04:07 PM - 01/22/19 »
Thanks for your reply. Has anyone ever asked you for a detachable USB cable? A lot of us play in the living room and it's much neater to be able to just unplug it and move it around, and especially if you're travelling. This is one of the first things I look for when buying keyboards.
No, You are the first one ;) There was a reason I made it like that, as Teensy don't have any screw holes so I did use USB cable to hold teensy in place. Can see in picture.