XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 45706 times)

Offline parjn

• View Profile
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box
« Reply #405 on: 05:45 PM - 01/07/19 »
Ah thanks for the replies you guys, I'm so excited to start using it. I'm hoping its so ergonomical for me that I won't need to to worry about anything besides playing the game.
PS4 Slim | Corsair K68 | Logitech g502 | Xim Apex | Azeron Original

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: 12:09 PM - 01/08/19 »
To you guys that have the compact  ... did you just plug and play with apex, or did you have to download the software and set it up?
I'm asking because I received my compact today and when I swapped it out with my original Azeron it didn't register with the Apex.
Also the controller did not function properly ... stick would not work and if I tried to navigate with the d-pad it juddered and would not move along ... it just kept juddering. It feels like there is a stuck button somewhere interfering with it.
Took the compact out and plugged the original Azeron back in and everything works fine with the controller and the old Azeron.
Oh and I tried it with 2 lights and 1 light on the compact, still nothing registers on apex.
« Last Edit: 12:18 PM - 01/08/19 by Au1d Yin »

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 12:56 PM - 01/08/19 »
I will ask Imants for the pinout of the Compact and modify W11ces code. I don't need the PC version and want to keep it as simple as possible. + I trust W11ce when it comes to Teensy.
Crusade atm: XIM Mouse that is stable 1000hz at 12000 or higher no delays by smoothing. XIM APEX is ridiculous without a XIM Mouse.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 09:59 PM - 01/08/19 »
Au1d Yin flash it again.
Crusade atm: XIM Mouse that is stable 1000hz at 12000 or higher no delays by smoothing. XIM APEX is ridiculous without a XIM Mouse.

Offline Jamesbone

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: FlexNup
  • PSN ID: Flexnitup
« Reply #409 on: 10:14 PM - 01/08/19 »
Which one should I order compact or original?  Anybody have the compact working with apex?

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 10:22 PM - 01/08/19 »
Order the compact because of the d-pad. The original is great also. The device changes all the time, its like an Iphone or a Tesla, it just gets better and you buy it when you need it. At the moment I ordered a compact and I will sell the original when it arrives and I will buy again at the next bigger version change.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #411 on: 10:43 PM - 01/08/19 »
Wait for confirmation of the Compact working. It's definitely the version to get - the buttons on the Compact are more usable than the towers, and the d-pad makes a huge difference as those buttons are otherwise challenging to bind.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 10:45 PM - 01/08/19 »
Itís a Teensy so it works. Its as if you say wait for the Teensy working with the XIM. Its just a Teensy with buttons and sticks attached in a great shell. Teensy is working with the Apex. They are friends thanks to W11ce,

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #413 on: 10:48 PM - 01/08/19 »
Itís a Teensy so it works. Its as if you say wait for the Teensy working with the XIM. Its just a Teensy with buttons and sticks attached in a great shell. Teensy is working with the Apex. They are friends thanks to W11ce,
Roger that, however it's still best to wait for confirmation, which we haven't yet got for the Compact.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 10:51 PM - 01/08/19 »
W11ce tell them.

Offline BigBen

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: BigBen_JM
« Reply #415 on: 12:13 AM - 01/09/19 »
i have the compact and it was working out of the box with the apex. I didn't change anything, works beautifull!

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #416 on: 12:26 AM - 01/09/19 »
i have the compact and it was working out of the box with the apex. I didn't change anything, works beautifull!
Glad to hear it, thanks for confirmation.

Flex, get the Compact :)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 01:03 AM - 01/09/19 »
 ::)

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 01:49 AM - 01/09/19 »
Order the compact because of the d-pad. The original is great also. The device changes all the time, its like an Iphone or a Tesla, it just gets better and you buy it when you need it. At the moment I ordered a compact and I will sell the original when it arrives and I will buy again at the next bigger version change.
All keypad now come with 5way d-pad not just compact, so 5 way d-pad should not be a reason to choose compact.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 01:50 AM - 01/09/19 »
Oh thanks for clarification Imants. Id still oder the compact just more sexy.