XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 46005 times)

Offline BigBen

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: BigBen_JM
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box
« Reply #390 on: 01:31 AM - 01/04/19 »
Like many on this forum I have boxes full of game gear, sometimes I wonder what I like more, tinkering with new gear or playing…..
When I read about the Azeron I just had to order. I played with the Azeron Compact for 1,5 day now and here are my findings.

First of all the device looks great !
I am a Sony NAV player so I always had to go for a mouse with enough buttons, that’s not needed anymore! I love it.
Also to be able to push all possible buttons (combinations) without moving my fingers is great, this is a huge advantage of the Azeron.
The buttons are also really responsive with distinguished clicks, I like it !

The joystick is usable really fast, fine movements will take some time to build up muscle memory though.
I bound sprint to my pinky as the button of the joystick is too hard to easily press for me. Especially in blackout (going trough windows) this will take some time to getting used to.

Of course I had to readjust which is not always easy at age 48, also after playing a few hours my left hand was cramped. 

My biggest problem is the with palm wrest, it just doesn’t fit my hand and hearts after a few hours of playing.
Maybe I just need to get used to new pressure points but I think I am going to try some moldable plastic to see if I can make it a better fit to my hand.

Overall I am really satisfied with this device, great build quality and feel.

Great job @Imants.

PS; changeable wrist rests would be great !

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 06:41 AM - 01/04/19 »
Like many on this forum I have boxes full of game gear, sometimes I wonder what I like more, tinkering with new gear or playing…..
When I read about the Azeron I just had to order. I played with the Azeron Compact for 1,5 day now and here are my findings.

First of all the device looks great !
I am a Sony NAV player so I always had to go for a mouse with enough buttons, that’s not needed anymore! I love it.
Also to be able to push all possible buttons (combinations) without moving my fingers is great, this is a huge advantage of the Azeron.
The buttons are also really responsive with distinguished clicks, I like it !

The joystick is usable really fast, fine movements will take some time to build up muscle memory though.
I bound sprint to my pinky as the button of the joystick is too hard to easily press for me. Especially in blackout (going trough windows) this will take some time to getting used to.

Of course I had to readjust which is not always easy at age 48, also after playing a few hours my left hand was cramped. 

My biggest problem is the with palm wrest, it just doesn’t fit my hand and hearts after a few hours of playing.
Maybe I just need to get used to new pressure points but I think I am going to try some moldable plastic to see if I can make it a better fit to my hand.

Overall I am really satisfied with this device, great build quality and feel.

Great job @Imants.

PS; changeable wrist rests would be great !

I can relate to all the things you say apart from being 48 ... you're still a youngster lol.

The palm rest builds up well with mouldable plastic ... I used black "Polydoh". I just used enough to get a curve in the shape of my hand and get rid of the lip at the left which hurt my hand. Tried to do it without affecting the thumb height too much.

About the sprint button .. if you play at a desk have you thought about using a foot switch for sprinting? I started using one last year and I'd be lost without it now ... it works really well, especially if you make a sub config to activate with the foot switch, and assign sprint and forward movement to the same as the activation key.

Still waiting for the compact to arrive ... how does the d-pad feel for hitting the direction you want?
« Last Edit: 06:47 AM - 01/04/19 by Au1d Yin »

Offline BigBen

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 07:49 AM - 01/04/19 »
Au1d Yin,

Yes my hand hearts also on the left side of the palm rest, will see what moldable plastic does.
Concerning the D-pad, it works, I have no issue at all adjusting to it, I play in the dark (on a home cinema screen) so I can't even look at it but really easy to find.

Offline etb

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 09:41 AM - 01/04/19 »
if they make a wireless powerglove style version and I'm sold.

Offline MrBrutalFrosty

• Australian Youtuber 1.6k Subs All Things FPS COD
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: MrBrutalFrosty
  • PSN ID: Mr_Brutal_Frosty Youtube: MrBrutalFrosty
« Reply #394 on: 11:12 AM - 01/04/19 »
this looks very "CLLLEEEEAAAN" just read all pages and i must say overall the support and feedback everyoens gave and the response from Azeron has been top notch when the new thumbsticks are in itl be a must have for me looking forward ot joining the club :p

Offline YOUDID

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 12:09 PM - 01/04/19 »
just got a shipping update. Its says it has been shipped abroad to america.....guess that means its over the water!!!!

Offline BigBen

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 01:08 AM - 01/05/19 »
I also changed my joystick to the domed one, much better !

Offline B0wl_of_weed

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: B0wl_of_weed
« Reply #397 on: 12:43 PM - 01/05/19 »
I ordered the compact i really cant wait any longer haha so excited im a nav user and i feel like this will be just what i was looking for.

Offline kathandril

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 06:44 AM - 01/06/19 »

Did the dome come with it or was it something you added?

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 07:58 AM - 01/06/19 »

Dome cap is included.

Offline kathandril

• View Profile
« Reply #400 on: 12:34 PM - 01/06/19 »

Dome cap is included.

You are too good sir.

Offline parjn

• View Profile
« Reply #401 on: 10:01 PM - 01/06/19 »
Anybody else have the Azeron now and can tell what they think about it? I've finally read this whole thread, and just curious for more of what people think.
PS4 Slim | Corsair K68 | Logitech g502 | Xim Apex | Azeron Original

Offline BigBen

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 01:58 AM - 01/07/19 »
I think the Azeron is a no brainer especially for NAV users. I am already in love and cannot imagine what happens when I can use the trigegrs without thinking. To be able to activate any function without leaving the joystick and mouse is fantastic. The clicks are also really responsive. I love it !

The only thing I dislike is the palm rest but Imants is already going to make some changes to it.

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 07:13 AM - 01/07/19 »
Anybody else have the Azeron now and can tell what they think about it? I've finally read this whole thread, and just curious for more of what people think.
I've been using mine since mid November and I'll never go back to my Orbweaver or G13 now that I've got it set up just right ...it's the best pad I've ever used.
This pad is so adjustable .. I thought I was playing with it set up in it's best position, then I decided to change it to try something different; I moved the stick in closer amd then moved all the finger switches left a bit, and now I've really hit the sweet spot  ...love it !

One thing I've noticed is that now my fingers are relaxed and clicking switches without having to move them around ... my mouse hand has become more relaxed and gliding smoother than before. Maybe it's in my mind but it feels better to me.

Some might not like The Azeron if they expect to jump right in and play without learning to get used to it, but speaking for myself ... it is the best bit of gaming kit that I've ever bought. I also like that it is made by someone who cares about his product, and listens to feedback from customers to try and make it even better :)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 07:52 AM - 01/07/19 »
I almost forget using it. Could be a bit more comfy but I know Imants works on it. We will all buy the next versions of this.
Crusade atm: XIM Mouse that is stable 1000hz at 12000 or higher no delays by smoothing. XIM APEX is ridiculous without a XIM Mouse.