XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 46516 times)

Offline Balor1712

• View Profile
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box
« Reply #345 on: 09:25 PM - 12/17/18 »
New firmware and software has been released. The stick does feel better. I will tinker around with the sens and deadzone now.

Offline YOUDID

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 07:25 AM - 12/22/18 »
Got the word that they are back in stock. I just ordered the mini.

Offline Gamer4life

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 08:15 AM - 12/22/18 »
Still awaiting delivery of mine. Itís been sitting in ISC New York since December 18 :o. Doesnít look like I will receive it until after the holidays if at all since this place has some customs horror stories.

Offline Markie_X

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 08:34 AM - 12/22/18 »
I received mine yesterday (friday), it was shipped on monday (4 days delivery from Letland to the Netherlands)

Having build three 3d printer myself i must say i was very much impressed with the finished product, this comes very close to a injection mold finish. The weight of the Azeron feels like quality (heavy), i also like the tactile feedback of the keys/buttons/switches. The joystick uses the right spring stifness that i like, the abiltity to setup the length of each individual finger/thumb tree is brilliant.
The Azeron is next level, after 10 years of G13 usage this is a welcome next step for me.

Thank you Roads for the tip and thank you Imants (and your team) for making such a brilliant product.

I'll post some feedback after i had some time with the Azeron in game but first impressions are very very good.

Azeron" border="0
« Last Edit: 08:38 AM - 12/22/18 by Markie_X »

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 03:03 PM - 12/22/18 »
Still awaiting delivery of mine. Itís been sitting in ISC New York since December 18 :o. Doesnít look like I will receive it until after the holidays if at all since this place has some customs horror stories.
Its not first time like that, I recommended visit Post Office and ask about Your packet. That did work out couple times before for some customers. There should not be any custom's as packet is marked as a gift with 15Ä value.

Offline redacted

• View Profile
« Reply #350 on: 03:35 PM - 12/22/18 »
One of those moments when I wish I had about $150 USD to spare...

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #351 on: 03:42 PM - 12/22/18 »
Any update on the analog stick and more adjustable finger sliders Imants?

I'm very keen to buy the Compact, but would rather wait if there's another design revision on the way.

Also, will there be a right-hand Compact model available for left-handers?

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline PinnieTHEwooH

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: PinnieTHEwooH
« Reply #352 on: 03:44 PM - 12/22/18 »
I've been using the Azeron for a few weeks now. It was a bit difficult in the beginning to get used to it but now... Omfg.  It's a blessing. It fits my hand perfectly. Playing BFv I can do anything without stopping my movements. I don't find the words describing it but it beats any keyboard I've ever used.
 Keep up the good work Imants. You're sitting on a pile of gold with this.

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 05:00 PM - 12/22/18 »
Any update on the analog stick and more adjustable finger sliders Imants?

I'm very keen to buy the Compact, but would rather wait if there's another design revision on the way.

Also, will there be a right-hand Compact model available for left-handers?
Still waiting test sticks I have ordered, but as soon I will figure out with them and breakout boards I will put them in store, so anyone can order to replace existing one.
Adjustable sliders, I do working on couple ideas, but that is far from anything what I would call a product. As well working on other thinks like new palm-rest. Actually I have lot id ideas I would like to put in next one and by getting more feedback's I can find even more what could be improved in next one. But as there is so many thinks I want to do and many thinks still need to do from scratch it absolutely wont come out any time soon.
Compact version are possible to get for left-handers, I simply don't have any right-hand version assembled for pictures :)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #354 on: 06:42 PM - 12/22/18 »
Thanks Imants.

Is the 5-directional button near the thumbpad part of the break-out board, and is it possible to add this onto an original Azeron if we buy a new thumbstick?

Are the more adjustable sliders possible as custom jobs, or will they possible to purchases as add-ons at a later date?

Definitely want to get my (right) hand on a Compact, they look fantastic!

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 07:23 PM - 12/22/18 »
Thanks Imants.

Is the 5-directional button near the thumbpad part of the break-out board, and is it possible to add this onto an original Azeron if we buy a new thumbstick?

Are the more adjustable sliders possible as custom jobs, or will they possible to purchases as add-ons at a later date?

Definitely want to get my (right) hand on a Compact, they look fantastic!
5 Way directional pad are not on breakout board, it stays as separate switch there, but there is no way You can fit it in previous thumb-stick corpus, changes are to big.
These sliders will come just in next revision, no upgrade option (at least I did not plan it) because there will be changes in base plate attaching, towers changing a lot to make them possible to fit on new system, You just cannot put old towers on them. Of course, I cant say all that fore sure, as there lot can change from that how I see it now..

Offline Gamer4life

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 08:43 PM - 12/22/18 »
Its not first time like that, I recommended visit Post Office and ask about Your packet. That did work out couple times before for some customers. There should not be any custom's as packet is marked as a gift with 15Ä value.

Hey thanks for the feedback Imants, Iíll give it a try Monday.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #357 on: 11:46 PM - 12/22/18 »
5 Way directional pad are not on breakout board, it stays as separate switch there, but there is no way You can fit it in previous thumb-stick corpus, changes are to big.

These sliders will come just in next revision, no upgrade option (at least I did not plan it) because there will be changes in base plate attaching, towers changing a lot to make them possible to fit on new system, You just cannot put old towers on them. Of course, I cant say all that fore sure, as there lot can change from that how I see it now..
Not a problem Imants, thanks for the update.

Super-tempted to get the Compact (love that d-pad button), but I'll wait it out for the slider revision. Do you have any estimate on when that may happen? I'm happy to wait and a rough estimate will do just fine :)

In the meantime, I'll update Azeron to the latest firmware to test the revised thumbpad code.

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 12:04 AM - 12/23/18 »

Not a problem Imants, thanks for the update.

Super-tempted to get the Compact (love that d-pad button), but I'll wait it out for the slider revision. Do you have any estimate on when that may happen? I'm happy to wait and a rough estimate will do just fine :)

In the meantime, I'll update Azeron to the latest firmware to test the revised thumbpad code.
I really don't want too put out any estimate on next revision, it is to raw at this stage, to say that.It may take year or more with all testings and polishing. I will update, when we will have some normal working prototype and will go in testing phase ;)

Offline Gamer4life

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 08:28 PM - 12/24/18 »
Santa came through and delivered mine today!