XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 52518 times)

Offline Balor1712

• View Profile
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box
« Reply #330 on: 12:09 PM - 12/08/18 »
Flashed the Teensy and code is fine very responsive.

Instructions: install arduino, install Teensyduino after starting arduino once. Three files have to be in one folder, Arduino wants to put the ino file in a sketch folder, move the other two files there also. In arduino Board choose Teensy ++2.0, USB Type keyboard+mouse+joystickand port choose the Azeron. Press reset button, compile and upload.

Yeah, where so I copy/paste the code? I just keep getting errors anytime I try (mostly about Teensy ++2.0

Edit: Since Imants is going to include this code in the new firmware I will just wait. I donít know anything about Arduino and I donít want to completely flash the azeron. As it stands the azeron is cool but the joystick control is awful. It is pretty much 8 way directional.

It does feel great though. Right when someone with better knowledge than me can get the joystick feeling good it will be my go to peripheral.
« Last Edit: 01:48 PM - 12/08/18 by Balor1712 »

Offline chad20

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 11:37 AM - 12/10/18 »
I bought 2 ps4 analog sticks for $7.19 from amazon. How much could that possibly raise the price? I would think that the ps4 or Xbox stick would be the way to go. Or am I wrong?

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
  • FPS Games are 10% Aim and 90% Positioning
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 01:53 PM - 12/10/18 »
I bought 2 ps4 analog sticks for $7.19 from amazon. How much could that possibly raise the price? I would think that the ps4 or Xbox stick would be the way to go. Or am I wrong?

They're much cheaper on aliexpress too. They don't really raise the price at all, but they raise the production difficulty because they don't come on a breakout board. It isn't a big issue when you're 3d printing stuff though.
Competitive Call of Duty | G502 on QcK XXL | 1000Hz 3200 DPI | Extremely Low Sensitivity

Offline YOUDID

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 07:37 PM - 12/16/18 »
Haven't heard anything from you guys lately.....how the azeron working for ya? Still can't order one, guess he can't get parts.

Offline Gamer4life

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 07:39 PM - 12/16/18 »
Haven't heard anything from you guys lately.....how the azeron working for ya? Still can't order one, guess he can't get parts.

I donít know about the ones who have received theirs already, but mine shipped December 7, and Iím excited!!!!!

Offline YOUDID

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 07:44 PM - 12/16/18 »

I donít know about the ones who have received theirs already, but mine shipped December 7, and Iím excited!!!!!

When did you order it?

Offline Balor1712

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 11:43 PM - 12/16/18 »
Iím not using it until there is a more detailed list of instructions to edit the code or the firmware is updated with the lastest code. The joystick feel is godawful. It feels like I am using a crude version of wasd.

Offline Gamer4life

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 06:22 AM - 12/17/18 »

When did you order it?

November 19

Offline Gamer4life

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 06:28 AM - 12/17/18 »
Iím not using it until there is a more detailed list of instructions to edit the code or the firmware is updated with the lastest code. The joystick feel is godawful. It feels like I am using a crude version of wasd.

Oh no, thatís not good news since I purchased primarily for the joystick. Anybody else have a similar opinion about the stick movement?

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 08:04 AM - 12/17/18 »

Oh no, thatís not good news since I purchased primarily for the joystick. Anybody else have a similar opinion about the stick movement?

Well I've been playing with the Azeron for a month and I don't understand how anyone could relate the stick movement to "a crude version of wasd"  ... unless the side button has been pressed that changes it from joystick mode? ... 2 leds = Joystick .... 1 led = keyboard.

The stick maybe feels a bit stiff to me but the analogue stick definitely gives true analogue movement

Offline Balor1712

• View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 01:01 PM - 12/17/18 »
I mean a crude version as in it is pretty evident you donít have good control on moving in a range from 0-360. It nearly feels like I am moving in 45 degree increments (w, wa, etc). It does not feel anything like a regular controller joystick in game. 

Yes, it is definitely analog which is awsome. And at the moment maybe it is good for single player. But is does not work well for something like COD or BF.

I know that there is the updated code that needs to be implemented into the update. You can also mess with the DZ in the software. But I will wait for someone to get the stick useable for a pvp setting.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #341 on: 03:19 PM - 12/17/18 »
Balor, have you updated to W11cE's code? The directional movement is much improved over the default Azeron firmware.

Gamer4life, the analog movement is fine. It's not as granular as a PS4 or XB1 controller, likely due to being stiffer, but it is much better than WASD for directional movement at variable speed.

It's the other stick that needs fine control and XIM takes care of that.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Gamer4life

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 03:40 PM - 12/17/18 »
Balor, have you updated to W11cE's code? The directional movement is much improved over the default Azeron firmware.

Gamer4life, the analog movement is fine. It's not as granular as a PS4 or XB1 controller, likely due to being stiffer, but it is much better than WASD for directional movement at variable speed.

Thanks for the update glad to hear its a decent analog stick. I cant wait to try it myself!

Offline Balor1712

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 03:59 PM - 12/17/18 »

I have what the latest firmware is (which I thought introduced W11cEís second to latest code in it).

I have installed adruino and teensyarduino but have absolutely no clue how to paste the code into it. I run into an error every time.

Online roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 04:32 PM - 12/17/18 »
Ya I don't think the stick is bad.
Crusade atm: none