XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 46508 times)

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box
« Reply #300 on: 04:21 PM - 12/03/18 »
What does the new code do that the previous one did not?
I just organized some stuff better and added a class to filter the data to be sent only when there is new data. This is not that big of a deal for XIM use, but for PC it is stupid to spam input if there is nothing new in there. All you are doing is causing unneeded interrupts on your OS. Enough of devices like this and nothing will run on constant polling rates on your PC anymore.

Not sure what to do with the joystick. I would want to scale it a little bit, but the stick itself is so poor quality that im not sure if its worth it.

Has anyone sawed off the extra bumps on the armrest? Will probably do it at one point. Will be quite a sight after that but some sacrifices has to be done.

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 05:44 PM - 12/03/18 »
What does the new code do that the previous one did not?
I just organized some stuff better and added a class to filter the data to be sent only when there is new data. This is not that big of a deal for XIM use, but for PC it is stupid to spam input if there is nothing new in there. All you are doing is causing unneeded interrupts on your OS. Enough of devices like this and nothing will run on constant polling rates on your PC anymore.

Not sure what to do with the joystick. I would want to scale it a little bit, but the stick itself is so poor quality that im not sure if its worth it.

Has anyone sawed off the extra bumps on the armrest? Will probably do it at one point. Will be quite a sight after that but some sacrifices has to be done.

I didn't saw the raised parts off, but I did put some "Polydoh" plastic on the palm rest to level it out  a bit .. this raised the level a bit, but it suited my hand size.
Could you explain what you meant by "scaling the joystick" ... haven't a clue what you mean lol, but I'm curious.

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
  • FPS Games are 10% Aim and 90% Positioning
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 09:42 PM - 12/03/18 »
How much does this thing cost? Does anyone know?

I could 3d print different bodies if the creator tossed me some STLs
Competitive Call of Duty | G502 on QcK XXL | 1000Hz 3200 DPI | Extremely Low Sensitivity

Offline Mark8010

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 01:48 AM - 12/04/18 »
Received mine yesterday, going to take a while to get used to but initial impressions are it's a great product overall.

I am a bit disappointed in the analogue stick though, it's range of motion is too great to be comfortable for me - wish it had a range of motion like the Nav, in particular left/right is gonna cause me discomfort over time. It also has too much initial resistance for me as well - the tension is much greater than the Nav or an XB1 controller which means analogue movements aren't as smooth as I'd like them to be.

Am happy with my purchase overall though, it won't replace a Nav for me on games where I don't need the extra buttons, but will on games where I do or prefer to not use a G502 mouse.

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 06:01 AM - 12/04/18 »

These are some low price thumbstick, use them just to keep price as low I can on keypad, and they come with breakout board, but I already looking for alternative analog sticks, did order few options to find out which ones works best. As they don't have breakout board I will need get separate one for them. And if I find any better, that will be a Optional for additional price, as price difference will be around 5-6 euros on there analog stick+breakout board.

About the armrest, that will be next think I planning to improve (after compact keypad version) had already couple interesting ideas on that.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 06:17 AM - 12/04/18 »

Ask Azeron politely for the STL, you have 3D Printer W11ce. The handrest doesn’t seem to be the final version after all so I guess he will give it to you. Imants?

I will try to prototype the sleds under the tower for angulation and so they get higher pinky to index.
Crusade atm: XIM Mouse that is stable 1000hz at 12000 or higher no delays by smoothing. XIM APEX is ridiculous without a XIM Mouse.

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 06:32 AM - 12/04/18 »
How much does this thing cost? Does anyone know?

I could 3d print different bodies if the creator tossed me some STLs
It cost 100 Euro + shipping
I did work for many years on this project, and I'm not really up to sharing files now, after all hours I did put in it.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 07:13 AM - 12/04/18 »
No you should not share the whole thing, only the parts that you want to be redone. See it as helping you prototype.
Crusade atm: XIM Mouse that is stable 1000hz at 12000 or higher no delays by smoothing. XIM APEX is ridiculous without a XIM Mouse.

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 10:31 AM - 12/05/18 »
We are made "Azeron compact" keypad. Planning to add it in store when parts will arrive.

Offline S13002931

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: S13002932
« Reply #309 on: 12:52 PM - 12/05/18 »
We are made "Azeron compact" keypad. Planning to add it in store when parts will arrive.

Is this new version shown above ?

Thanks
PS4 Pro 1tb SSD, 2tb hdd |Xim Apex 1000hz|Titan Two|Swiftpoint Z Mouse|Logitech G Pro wireless  16k dpi|Logitech G440 hardpad|Corsair K63 TKL keyboard |4k Samsung Uh750 27.9" monitor|Blue Yeti microphone|X-rocker pro 2.1 gaming chair 2016 model|Netduma R1 router♡ Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless headset♡Azeron Compact keypad  (expected to be delivered in March)  you really read all that ? :)

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 01:10 PM - 12/05/18 »
Yes, this will be additional option to choose from, made for them who prefer smaller size without loosing functionality.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #311 on: 01:24 AM - 12/06/18 »
Yes, this will be additional option to choose from, made for them who prefer smaller size without loosing functionality.
Looks really good. Can I change my original order to this new version, please Imants?

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Gigabyte Aorus, Audio Technica AD700, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend![/s]

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 02:11 AM - 12/06/18 »
The menu buttons were my idea, really proud it got into the design Imants :D

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 02:38 AM - 12/06/18 »
Looks really good. Can I change my original order to this new version, please Imants?
Did You already have made order? If so You can contact me in Etsy or e-mail, if its not shipped out yet, then I can change it.
« Last Edit: 02:42 AM - 12/06/18 by Azeron »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #314 on: 08:36 AM - 12/06/18 »
Dagnammit...I'm gonna have to order a compact one too! Love that directional switch, as well as the menu buttons.

D-pad is the thing I struggle with the most. I have it bound to the towers, but it takes effort to remember where I've mapped them each time. The high towers are no loss given we get an extra couple of buttons on the Compact via the d-pad.

After using Azeron for a week or so, I'd also like to be able to slide the fingers even closer to the palm rest so I can use a claw grip. I slouch back pretty far from my screen and have my elbows on ergonomic rests, so I can't lean into the Azeron for a more upright wrist posture. The reality is I could simply lock my chair in a more upright position, but I'd still like more finger range.

Pinky and ring finger ranges are fine as is, but 10-15mm more range towards the body of the Azeron for the index and middle fingers would be ideal. I suspect that I wouldn't reach the menu buttons on the Compact comfortably without pulling the fingers closer, at least not without changing my posture.

I've also noticed the stick resolution seems lower than a controller, that might have to do with more stick resistance though and/or the software. That's the only thing holding me back from using Azeron for MP games, I feel like the thumbstick lacks fine movement compared to a DS4 or XB1 controller. I'm having a blast though in single-player with the Azeron.

The other thing I'd like to do is adjust the height of the bottom-level buttons for more of a WASD feel, if I wanted to go that direction. Alternately, order some thicker 5mm buttons so my fingers sit up a bit higher, but the buttons would need to taper inwards slightly so they don't collide with the vertical buttons. I don't use the bottom buttons at all, when I thought I'd use them the most.

I'll test out thicker buttons using Blu-tac to see if it'll work or not. I have some Sugru too, but don't want to mess up the buttons if it doesn't work out.

When will the Compact version be available? Can custom parts be ordered to give the finger sliders more range-of-motion, thicker buttons and possibly a better quality / less resistant thumbstick?

Long version short - the 5-way directional switch is a killer upgrade and worth the asking price for that alone.

It'd also be great if the thumbstick wasn't as stiff. That seems to be mechanical as there's a more obvious catching point and greater resistance when moving the stick around compared to Sony / MS controllers.

Minor criticisms aside, the Compact is an even more refined version of the Azeron and I can't wait to get my hands on one :) The flatter design should be cheaper to ship and looks more like a finished, commercial product. Console m/kb users and the disabled community are not to be underestimated as potential markets (15% of all gamers are disabled). Love my kooky towers though, I'm glad I jumped in early!
« Last Edit: 04:21 PM - 12/06/18 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts