XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 45770 times)

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box
« Reply #285 on: 03:54 AM - 12/02/18 »
Any estimate on when we'll be able to order one?
I hope I can get parts in next week or week after.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #286 on: 04:38 AM - 12/02/18 »
What color did u order yours ? Interesting to see most advanced Xim users recommending   Azeron.  I may get 1 too now :)
I ordered Magenta (dark pink). I've got blue highlight keys on the Ergodox and wanted a contrasting colour. A nice touch is the Azeron LEDs match the key colour. I'm not sure if that's the case for everyone, but it showed attention to detail that I wasn't expecting to see.

Really liking Azeron so far, it's the best gaming purchase I've made in a long time! It's not often that the quirky stuff works (I have boxes full of gaming devices that looked good on paper, but were terrible in practice) and Imants has pulled off a winner here. There's some refinement to do, but for what amounts to an alpha product, it's an impressive device.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Markie_X

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 05:52 AM - 12/02/18 »
@Roads, do you think the Azeron would work with the XIM4 ?

Nice job on the custom buttons btw  :)

Yes it does work with the Xim4, mine worked out of the box.
Don't know if the new code that W11ce just wrote for Apex will change anything tho' ... but if you tell Imants when you order, I guess he will flash the correct code.
I'm still playing with my Xim4 ... my day 1 Apex is still in it's box ... I'm a bit of a lazy luddite lol.

Thank you for the feedback, happy to hear this.

Offline Markie_X

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 05:57 AM - 12/02/18 »
Markie how do you use the analog stick on the G13???

My friend gave me his g13 for free I feel the analog stick is in  the most uncomfortable  position?
[/quote]
Went to the Azeron website and It says out of parts.....can we not order right now?

Anybody?

My last response from Azeron (Imants) was on the 25th of November, he stated that they were waiting for parts.
If i left a message he would notify me if they started up production again, parts could mean bottomplate,Teensy or something completely else.

Yesterday my G13 went officially bust so i hope they go in production sooner then later : )

Markie how do you use the analog stick on the G13???

My friend gave me his g13 for free I feel the analog stick is in  the most uncomfortable  position?

Sorry for the late reply but in the attached picture it shows you how i use ( used  :'( ) my G13
« Last Edit: 06:02 AM - 12/02/18 by Markie_X »

Online roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 07:30 AM - 12/02/18 »
G13 is far from ergonomic just design, zero comfort.
Crusade atm: XIM Mouse that is stable 1000hz at 12000 or higher no delays by smoothing. XIM APEX is ridiculous without a XIM Mouse.

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 07:51 AM - 12/02/18 »
As it is yes, but if you do a stick mod and move the analogue stick position it is VERY comfy.

Online roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 07:53 AM - 12/02/18 »
Oh and the buttons suck :D
Crusade atm: XIM Mouse that is stable 1000hz at 12000 or higher no delays by smoothing. XIM APEX is ridiculous without a XIM Mouse.

Offline lmulli

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 08:10 AM - 12/02/18 »

I cannot get used to it at all and find it far easier to use the Sony nav controller. (can't get used to a normal keyboard either to be fair!)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #293 on: 01:51 PM - 12/02/18 »
As it is yes, but if you do a stick mod and move the analogue stick position it is VERY comfy.
Try using it with the right hand...that's my G13 experience.

Take the analog stick completely out of the equation and it's a mess. Azeron has it beat in spades in the ergonomics department :)

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline redacted

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 03:24 PM - 12/02/18 »
I've been using the G13 for about a year now. Took me awhile to get used to this horrible tiny thumbstick (yes, I use for WASD) but It's not terrible. I'm definitely buying this Azeron, tho. This thing just looks awesome!

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 03:25 PM - 12/02/18 »

Totally agree ... The Azeron is really good and VERY innovaTry using it with the right hand...that's my G13 experience.

Take the analog stick completely out of the equation and it's a mess. Azeron has it beat in spades in the ergonomics department :)
Totally agree, The Azeron has been the best gamepad I've ever played with :)

Just out of curiousity with you being a leftie antithesis ... in the past, did you never consider modding the G13 by swapping the analogue stick over to the left hand side.
It's simple to do ... it butchers the gamepad, but it's easy as the wiring just unplugs from the stick and you can cut the housing off and swap it to the other side, plug the wire back in, then stick it to an abs base. I did it to change the angle of the stick and it was easy peasy .. may  have to solder an added length of wire on to extend it to reach the LH side ... but it's hypothetical now with you having your Azeron, I was just curious.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #296 on: 04:02 PM - 12/02/18 »
Just out of curiousity with you being a leftie antithesis ... in the past, did you never consider modding the G13 by swapping the analogue stick over to the left hand side.
It's simple to do ... it butchers the gamepad, but it's easy as the wiring just unplugs from the stick and you can cut the housing off and swap it to the other side, plug the wire back in, then stick it to an abs base. I did it to change the angle of the stick and it was easy peasy .. may  have to solder an added length of wire on to extend it to reach the LH side ... but it's hypothetical now with you having your Azeron, I was just curious.
I did consider the lefty mod. A mate of mine is an electronics tech, as is my father, so there were no concerns about doing the mod. But I never liked the feel of the G13 in the hand and far preferred the Z-Board Fang, which I used for Xim gaming until last year.

What I would like to do though is move the buttons from the left-side of my G Pro mouse over to the right. Given I have all the functionality I need on the mouse already with l/r click, scroll up/down and the DPI button, it's overkill and not worth the effort. I do like the thought of a thumb button for G-Shift though, but I can live without it.

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 12:49 PM - 12/03/18 »
So I've still been using my xim4, as I'm a lazy techno luddite; but today I got my day1 Apex out of it's box and set it up,  and lo and behold .... when you tap the devices screen icon ...
it says ... AZERON  ....  :D :D :D 
« Last Edit: 12:54 PM - 12/03/18 by Au1d Yin »

Online roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 01:08 PM - 12/03/18 »
On what display?

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 03:01 PM - 12/03/18 »
The box above your game name with the xbox symbol in it ... when I tap one of the xim logo symbols it shows "Azeron Keypad".