XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 45520 times)

Offline Gamer4life

• View Profile
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box
« Reply #255 on: 01:17 PM - 11/30/18 »
What does the new code do that the previous one did not?

Iím also interested to know what the new code does.

Offline sncjez

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: sncjez
« Reply #256 on: 02:15 PM - 11/30/18 »
My thoughts being a keyboard user positive so far considering i haven't really put in marathon time yet, i dived straight into BO4 was a struggle to begin with hitting the wrong keys but tinkered as i went along (prolly keep tinkering).

My only gripe is palm shame rest to stick movement if you'r a claw gripper you should adapt well. Only my opinion due to my style and hand size over the years from lazy palm grip mouse and keyboard user bit uncomfortable at the moment more hrs will kick in.

But apart from struggling with stick position the keys are lightning quick i have had a couple of high end keyboards in the past and the keys are incredibly quick jumping dropping you will annoy no doubt.

Ps i'm a puller  ;)

Next test Quake strafe jumping  ;D

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 02:28 PM - 11/30/18 »
You can make the palmrest a bit more suited to your hand by using this  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Polydoh-mouldable-polymorph-plastimake-instamorph/dp/B01MZ0KCVG
Still not the same as the hand shape when using a standard keyboard, but you can have your fingers sitting over the keys in a more comfy posture.

Offline sncjez

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 02:46 PM - 11/30/18 »
Nice one cheers Au1d.

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 03:02 PM - 11/30/18 »
Remember that it is easier to put on than to take off :)
Best building it up till you get it right, I put some more on after a few days to try a different shape but it wasn't comfy. I heated it up a bit with a hair dryer and the plastic popped away ok from the previous build up layer.
It aint pretty but it's comfy lol.

Offline sncjez

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 03:52 PM - 11/30/18 »
Remember that it is easier to put on than to take off :)
Best building it up till you get it right, I put some more on after a few days to try a different shape but it wasn't comfy. I heated it up a bit with a hair dryer and the plastic popped away ok from the previous build up layer.
It aint pretty but it's comfy lol.

Cheers will keep tapping for a while to see if i need to make adjustments.

Nice little bit of kit this so far.. thumbs up

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #261 on: 03:54 PM - 11/30/18 »
Palm size and angle isn't right for me either. Perhaps the next iteration could put it on a forward / back slider, with a wheel to raise / lower the height and a swivel for left / right. I'd like my palm rest closer to the buttons and with a lower profile. Razer did a similar thing with the Ouroboros mouse.

In reality, I'd probably prefer 5mm or so less height at the peak, but it's no big deal.
« Last Edit: 04:03 PM - 11/30/18 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #262 on: 02:05 AM - 12/01/18 »
I had my first play with the Azeron and as a decades-long keyboarder, it's a complete mindfcuk.

I don't know how you analog boys do this...I was banging into walls all over the place! I started to get the hang of it pretty quickly, but it's completely flipped my control scheme on its head.

I'm used to focusing on movement with the middle three fingers, and using the thumb for most actions like Jump, Reload, Sprint, d-pad, Inventory, Map etc. Now I need to move with my thumb and disperse those other functions to the WASD fingers...it's going to take some adjusting and I'm getting completely lost under pressure.

I thought I would use the lowest buttons as the primary actions, but have thus far be using the fingernails for most things, with d-pad, Map & Inventory on the tower.

I'll likely swap the face buttons to the triggers (pull), L1, L3, R1, R3 to the fingernails (push) and d-pad to the presses, or some similar logical grouping.

The key here is persistence - I had a similar struggle transitioning to an ortholinear keyboard. It took about a month to adjust and I've never typed better once I got the hang of it :)

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 02:47 AM - 12/01/18 »
Not walking with analog is a complete fail of the Azeron purpose Anthitesis. I mean you can walk with a controller stick right? You seem trying to use WASD on that stick. The stick is analog just like on controller. Take controller in left hand and walk while using mouse in right hand thatís identical to Azeron+mouse.
So set Azeron to joystick mode or better flash W11ce code to be sure. Then just set ADS on the index finger of the azeron preferably the trigger so itís the same as on the controller. Play like that. Later you can add crouch, jump, meele to the other fingers but first just use ads left index. Just unfuck that mind.
Crusade atm: XIM Mouse that is stable 1000hz at 12000 or higher no delays by smoothing. XIM APEX is ridiculous without a XIM Mouse.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #264 on: 02:48 AM - 12/01/18 »
I'm left-handed roads. I aim with the left hand, move with the right. It's the same controls, just flipped.

ADS and Shoot remain on the mouse along with right-stick aim, that's not going to change. WASD left-stick movement has simply moved from those keys to the thumbstick.

What's changed is the middle three finger are now doing the job of the thumb, and vise-versa. Analog movement is very clunky for me (mobility issues with right thumb), but I'll get used to it. I'll stick to single-player with the Azeron for now while I nut this out.
« Last Edit: 02:58 AM - 12/01/18 by antithesis »

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 02:52 AM - 12/01/18 »
doesnít matter then flip everything I wrote. Walk with analog stick, aim mouse in left hand, ADS with right index trigger on Azeron. Joystick has to be in analog mode.
But yeah if you never walked with right thumb as the controller was reverse for you it may take some time. Crazy there are no left hand controllers with a lot of people in US being lefties
Crusade atm: XIM Mouse that is stable 1000hz at 12000 or higher no delays by smoothing. XIM APEX is ridiculous without a XIM Mouse.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #266 on: 03:12 AM - 12/01/18 »
I can use a controller just fine and do so for all other genres except shooters. But my aim is poor using a controller, hence why I use a Xim. I don't swap controller settings to lefty mode, or do anything unusual.

In my case on Xim - left-stick = right hand; right-stick = left hand. I use IJKL instead of WASD and swap the left and right mouse bindings, but otherwise everything's the same.

That's not the issue and my left-hand bindings aren't going to change - I'm 100% happy with ADS and Shoot on mouse. It's just swapping from WASD to thumbstick for movement that feels odd and will take some adjusting.

I keep defaulting to the middle three fingers to move instead of performing actions, and do stupid stuff in-game as a result. I'm only an hour or so in, so it's very early days, but it's going to take some willpower to overcome muscle memory.

The other thing I'll try is using Azeron's buttons for WASD (IJKL) and the thumbstick as a d-pad. The issue there is the horizontal buttons are too low for comfort, but your thicker button mod would sort that out.

My usual bindings will transfer pretty easily, the pull button for the middle finger will bind easily to S for backwards movement, Sprint to the middle fingernail. The button above the stick for Jump (Cross), the thumbnail button for Reload (Square). Crouch (Circle) is typically pinky. Swap Weapon (Triangle) is scrolldown and probably index finger side-tap for hold Triangle (heavy weapons). Index fingernail or pull for L1. Ring fingernail or pull for R1. D-pad to thumbstick.

It's just Melee that remains a problem and I've still got a tonne of buttons to sort that out. But the question is, can I make WASD feel comfortable on Azeron? That's the $200 AUD question...

It's going to be a fun experiment if nothing else - I love the potential of Azeron, I just hope I can make it work for the way I play.
« Last Edit: 03:40 AM - 12/01/18 by antithesis »

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 03:17 AM - 12/01/18 »
If thicker buttons I do have some accidental presses now even if very seldom. 10mm thick will be perfect I feel.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 03:20 AM - 12/01/18 »
What does the new code do that the previous one did not?

Iím also interested to know what the new code does.

Nothing new Ximmers just need bare XIM code for it and no keyboard mode and bells and whistles. With W11ce code I am also sure its as fast as it can be.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #269 on: 05:09 AM - 12/01/18 »
Another hour in and things are starting to gel. Movement feels more natural and bindings are making more sense.

I'm clustering stuff on the pull and push buttons around the index, middle and ring finger. Pinky can be ignored altogether, which is a good thing as it alters wrist position and is the least dextrous and responsive digit. D-pad has migrated to the tall towers. Options and Touchpad buttons to the shorter towers.

What I like most is there are so many buttons within reach and plenty of them are completely unused, which opens up a lot of customisation options to suit individual tastes. Also, I get to keep my kb on my Mac without constantly swapping back and forward to write forum posts :)

Really liking Azeron so far, it's going to transform the way I play. Not sure if it'll translate as easily to multiplayer shooters where I like my quick WASD strafing and aim adjustment, but there's something to be said for analog movement.

Thanks once again for posting this topic roads, it's opened up options none of us knew existed and until now weren't possible at all for lefties :salute:
« Last Edit: 05:28 AM - 12/01/18 by antithesis »