XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 46694 times)

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box
« Reply #195 on: 10:36 AM - 11/22/18 »
About the distance.
This is why I made it like it is now:
1) This is a gaming device (not typing like Data Hand) and in games often getting pretty hot, especially in PvP, so stress, adrenaline, and easy do some miss-click if buttons will be too close.
2) If we make them closer, that dramatically increases chance to hit that button, while try reach upper tower buttons.
3) And finger size not the same for all people.

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 10:42 AM - 11/22/18 »
- palm plate should not have upward looking parts
That is something I will considered do in future.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 10:49 AM - 11/22/18 »
I understand your design is centered around the down switch. Pulling a trigger is just so awesome. So if you just softly lay your fingers on the pull switches, the everything gets too far. I am quite sure many people will center around the pull buttons when they tried.

no up rims on hand plate - awesome.

PS: played some rounds of BF5 yesterday with the trigger buttons: index fire, middle aim down, ring jump and pinky meele. Not once did I hit a button accidentally laying the fingers on the buttons.
Crusade atm: XIM Mouse that is stable 1000hz at 12000 or higher no delays by smoothing. XIM APEX is ridiculous without a XIM Mouse.

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 12:24 PM - 11/22/18 »
About the distance.
This is why I made it like it is now:
1) This is a gaming device (not typing like Data Hand) and in games often getting pretty hot, especially in PvP, so stress, adrenaline, and easy do some miss-click if buttons will be too close.
2) If we make them closer, that dramatically increases chance to hit that button, while try reach upper tower buttons.
3) And finger size not the same for all people.

Exactly what you say ... it's nearly perfect for most players, any closer and it's very easy to miss-click a button.
Also bear in mind that what roads is asking for is for his own personal style of play; I think that the vast majority of gamers that buy the Azeron will be using a mouse to left/right click to fire/ads ... not the pull switches on the Azeron ... fun as it may be, I don't think many will use it that way.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 12:30 PM - 11/22/18 »
Of course all preference but I found the best way not to miss any buttons is.... wait for it.... not to leave the button. So on the N52te I only used 4 buttons, thatís all. Now with the Azeron there are heaven sent 3 buttons per switch.
When I wrote to Imants, hey distances are too far away he wrote back, not more than hitting another key. And thatís exactly what I don't want to do: leave a key. If I have to swicth keys I can use the N52te,
Crusade atm: XIM Mouse that is stable 1000hz at 12000 or higher no delays by smoothing. XIM APEX is ridiculous without a XIM Mouse.

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: 12:40 PM - 11/22/18 »
Of course all preference but I found the best way not to miss any buttons is.... wait for it.... not to leave the button. So on the N52te I only used 4 buttons, thatís all. Now with the Azeron there are heaven sent 3 buttons per switch.
When I wrote to Imants, hey distances are too far away he wrote back, not more than hitting another key. And thatís exactly what I don't want to do: leave a key. If I have to swicth keys I can use the N52te,

Kind suggestion for roads ... stick some sugru on your switches till you get the distance you want and leave this awesome device the way it is for the rest of us ... don't ask for too much :)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 12:50 PM - 11/22/18 »
Same stuff I heard about the XIM for years Au1d Yin. Don't do boost, no one needs ballistics (hey Technogiant how are things going old mate?) . People fear the device gets worse which it wont. The man likes it how it is. As you say making the button thicker is the easiest method and exactly what I will try tomorrow. There is not much that can be done better with the Azeron as Imants has thought about everything, almost everything. W11ce is so kind to help with the code maybe even make it wireless, I searched for all bad I could find and rubbed it into Imants face no mercy and you can be the guy who doesnít want the change. There always is one.

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 12:54 PM - 11/22/18 »
Same stuff I heard about the XIM for years Au1d Yin. Don't do boost, no one needs ballistics (hey Technogiant how are things going old mate?) . People fear the device gets worse which it wont. The man likes it how it is. As you say making the button thicker is the easiest method and exactly what I will try tomorrow. There is not much that can be done better with the Azeron as Imants has thought about everything, almost everything. W11ce is so kind to help with the code maybe even make it wireless, I searched for all bad I could find and rubbed it into Imants face no mercy and you can be the guy who doesnít want the change. There always is one.
Yep, there's always one ..... and I'm started to worry about you, are you alright?

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 12:55 PM - 11/22/18 »
LOL sure why?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #204 on: 04:39 PM - 11/22/18 »
D-pad would be great, but it would preferably be near the thumb.

Perhaps some analog switches \ we can use for ADS, Shoot, Accelerator, Brake etc. There's a disabled community out there that could use a device like this.
« Last Edit: 06:59 PM - 11/22/18 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline MattyAu

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: o MattyAu o
« Reply #205 on: 05:11 PM - 11/22/18 »
What are we paying for these delivered to Aus?
Just went to check, but no stock available atm.

Still waiting for the Xim wand to be released...  :P

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #206 on: 05:29 PM - 11/22/18 »
What are we paying for these delivered to Aus?
Just went to check, but no stock available atm.

Still waiting for the Xim wand to be released...
It cost me $202 AUD, inc GST and shipping of $38.

You'll be waiting a long time for a Xim wand ;)

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 06:51 PM - 11/22/18 »
Need to open adjustment screws for thumbstick,  then from back take of lid with 3 screws and open 3 screws that holding analog stick break out board, change cap and put that all back.
Thank you

Changed the cap over and it's made a nice difference to the way it feels; have been making small adjustments here and there and now it's all set up just right :)

If you are revising your build for the next version, have you ever thought about replacing the pivot bolt on the fingers with a slot the same as the adjustment bolt has? So 2 adjusting slots instead of 1, this would maybe help people with thicker fingers and give a little sideways adjustment so the fingers could rest in a straighter position ... rather than just angling it more for the bigger hand.

Hope that we're not giving you headaches with all these suggestions ... it's an awesome product ;D
« Last Edit: 07:06 PM - 11/22/18 by Au1d Yin »

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 07:06 PM - 11/22/18 »
Nothing to worry about in roads, this is normal.

And if you think this is bad, get into private text chat with him. You will get walls of text nonstop more than you can read :o
« Last Edit: 07:19 PM - 11/22/18 by W11cE »

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 07:11 PM - 11/22/18 »
Nothing to worry about roads, this is normal.

And if you think this is bad, get into private text chat with him. You will get walls of text nonstop more than you can read :o

Lol ... it's like having a farting competition with a thunderstorm; nice work with the code W11cE, thanks for that :)