XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 45609 times)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box
« Reply #180 on: 12:35 PM - 11/21/18 »
Guys, am I alone centering my fingers close to the pull/trigger like buttons? I have my fingers on them all the time and pull the triggers on those. Here is how I use it, my zero resting position.

Who is a puller and who is a down pusher like a keyboard key?

Key or trigger?
« Last Edit: 12:42 PM - 11/21/18 by roads »
Crusade atm: XIM Mouse that is stable 1000hz at 12000 or higher no delays by smoothing. XIM APEX is ridiculous without a XIM Mouse.

Offline Jamesbone

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: FlexNup
  • PSN ID: Flexnitup
« Reply #181 on: 01:57 PM - 11/21/18 »
Guys, am I alone centering my fingers close to the pull/trigger like buttons? I have my fingers on them all the time and pull the triggers on those. Here is how I use it, my zero resting position.

Who is a puller and who is a down pusher like a keyboard key?

Key or trigger?

I think i would be maybe both..

Is that another key right of your Index finger?? If so wow that looks useful!

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 02:04 PM - 11/21/18 »
You cant say if you don't have it yet and there can only be one. From my position downwards is not possible without repositioning as that’s where the key begins not where it ends. Same if you are a key presser.
Crusade atm: XIM Mouse that is stable 1000hz at 12000 or higher no delays by smoothing. XIM APEX is ridiculous without a XIM Mouse.

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 08:52 PM - 11/21/18 »
If you're out there Imants  :)
The Azeron comes with a spare convex stick cap, but no info on how to change it from the stock cap.Do you take out all the base adjustment screws that hold the housing in place and then remove some screws on the back of the housing ... if so will the cover come apart easily once the rear screws are removed ... or will I have to "prise" the plastic housing apart with a tool ?

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 02:25 AM - 11/22/18 »
Need to open adjustment screws for thumbstick,  then from back take of lid with 3 screws and open 3 screws that holding analog stick break out board, change cap and put that all back.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 04:58 AM - 11/22/18 »
So my review of the Azeron is a solid 9/10. Only Pros no Cons and some things that could be perfected. Had a lot of emailing with Imants. Some stuff he agrees some not so much. As Obsiv would he doesn’t know the "roads experience". Feedback is hard to take when you spent hundreds of hours with your "baby". But in the end its precious.

Pros:

- only analog gamepad without modding for Xim
- mouse switches as buttons are very reactive and fast to use. The trigger like pull button is my personal favourite, awesome to use.
- highly adaptive to different hand sizes.
- genius design, well constructed, nothing rattling.
- price tag is really nice for a handmade 3D print with so many parts
- out of the box XIM compatible

suggestions:

- incline the fingerpart, not ergonomic as it is at the moment. N52te is the reference, they inclined it for a reason.
- fingertowers are not really well usable above the first key. Funny but I personally wont use them.
- D-pad would be cool
- Distance to first tower key (fingernail key) from trigger key is too far away because of the bottom button having the same size as the others. Not sure how but adjustability here would be amazing. The genius designer is not me after all.
- Downward button should be rotated 180° as the trigger key is the most intriguing one and you can not just go down and press it from there. You need to leave the key and press downwards more forward.
- palm plate should not have upward looking parts. The palm plate of the N52te (reference) is much more comfy. Overall the N52te you forget using, The Azeron, no not without these tiny modifications. There is a little rock in the shoe here.
- Console and XIM specific menu buttons somewhere
- wireless, hope W11ce will succeed with it.

This device is great for the XIM. You should absolutely get it.

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 08:12 AM - 11/22/18 »
Need to open adjustment screws for thumbstick,  then from back take of lid with 3 screws and open 3 screws that holding analog stick break out board, change cap and put that all back.
Thank you

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 08:16 AM - 11/22/18 »
Guys distance between trigger button and nail button who likes it and who thinks its huge and too big?

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 08:38 AM - 11/22/18 »
So my review of the Azeron is a solid 9/10. Only Pros no Cons and some things that could be perfected. Had a lot of emailing with Imants. Some stuff he agrees some not so much. As Obsiv would he doesn’t know the "roads experience". Feedback is hard to take when you spent hundreds of hours with your "baby". But in the end its precious.

Pros:

- only analog gamepad without modding for Xim
- mouse switches as buttons are very reactive and fast to use. The trigger like pull button is my personal favourite, awesome to use.
- highly adaptive to different hand sizes.
- genius design, well constructed, nothing rattling.
- price tag is really nice for a handmade 3D print with so many parts
- out of the box XIM compatible

suggestions:

- incline the fingerpart, not ergonomic as it is at the moment. N52te is the reference, they inclined it for a reason.
- fingertowers are not really well usable above the first key. Funny but I personally wont use them.
- D-pad would be cool
- Distance to first tower key (fingernail key) from trigger key is too far away because of the bottom button having the same size as the others. Not sure how but adjustability here would be amazing. The genius designer is not me after all.
- Downward button should be rotated 180° as the trigger key is the most intriguing one and you can not just go down and press it from there. You need to leave the key and press downwards more forward.
- palm plate should not have upward looking parts. The palm plate of the N52te (reference) is much more comfy. Overall the N52te you forget using, The Azeron, no not without these tiny modifications. There is a little rock in the shoe here.
- Console and XIM specific menu buttons somewhere
- wireless, hope W11ce will succeed with it.

This device is great for the XIM. You should absolutely get it.

Totally disagree on the idea of rotating the downward press switch 180, I would personally hate that ... it would be MUCH too easy to accidentally hit the pull switch. You hardly have to move your finger much to activate it the way it is at the moment anyway ... just slightly more pressure.
The idea of a D-Pad is something worth considering ... a good d-pad above the index finger would be very useful.

So ... it's highly adjustable, but we are still all not going to have the perfect fit, what suits some wont always suit others .. I think it's "almost" perfect for everybody; apart from that palm plate .. my hand is way too big for that. The upward edges dug into the edge of my hand but I just stuck some melted plastic on top to make my own mould .. bang goes the warranty lol.
I really like this gamepad .. it is a genius design.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 08:44 AM - 11/22/18 »
Yes I also totally disagree with my rotating idea before. It would make you trigger the down accidentally. The easisest way of making the gap smaller is to print the buttons thicker. First I thought the front one the nail one, now I say the trigger one so down is easier to press.

Yeah the upward facing rims of the palm palate are a bad idea. Look at the N52te, you may be far away from the keys or land on a different row with big and small hands with its only two settings but its super ergonomic. Everyone feels fine on it. The upward rims are useless, I mean you will not glide off of it.

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 08:46 AM - 11/22/18 »
The idea of a D-Pad is something worth considering ... a good d-pad above the index finger would be very useful.
We already working on it, first there will be possible to use analog stick as a D-Pad and more, I already testing 5way button on top of thumbstick, can say, that that will be for sure in next version.

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 08:54 AM - 11/22/18 »
Guys distance between trigger button and nail button who likes it and who thinks its huge and too big?

Geez roads ... will you stop it already lol.

Most players that are used to playing with a standard keyboard are going to find it hard enough to adapt to having their fingertips sitting in a small slot between 3 switches without making the space any smaller, you can forget all about using the upper switches if that were to happen.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 09:26 AM - 11/22/18 »
LOL small slots cmon....

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 09:54 AM - 11/22/18 »
Also changed to the convex soft cap, much nicer!