XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 45787 times)

Offline YOUDID

• View Profile
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box
« Reply #135 on: 10:08 PM - 11/19/18 »
Does the analog stick have a click down button?
Yes it have, but I don't really recommend use it a lot, as it need lot tension to press it and, that not really good for construction.

Thanks man,

I will be ordering one in the couple of weeks.

Online roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 10:53 PM - 11/19/18 »
I got used to shooting and ads with left hand, I can not keep my hand steady if I put pressure on right index finger. My aim got better a lot. I still suck as I play seldomly but its not my aim. So left hand its on the N52te just where the fingers fall. Tried a lot changing the action placements but came back to this all the time. Its based on how often I use the command. Would never put crouch on pinky for example. It gets the most seldom, meele.

N52te:

index shoot
middle ads
ring jump
pinky meele

mouse left - crouch
mouse right - run
mouse wheel - weapon change
mouse  wheel down - nothing - hate it, too hard to press
mouse forward - grenade
mouse back - reload

thumb button - activate axilliaryXim config when hold
index - cross right
middle - cross up
ring - cross left
pinky - cross down

There are no more actions I can set without leaving the fingers in place. So mouse is loaded on N52te.

On Azeron I will pull all actions left and the mouse will be aim only. I guess I can reduce G pro wireless to or even under 70g like that. Or I will leave them A left mouse B right mouse X backwards Y forwards scroll shoulder buttons. So I can use them well in menus and in games that say press A. Now where the hell was A on the azeron in this specific game? On the mouse I know!

Azeron:

(if "to me" is the most comfy movement)
index to me - shoot
middle to me - ads
ring to me - jump
pinky to me - meele

index nail cross - right
middle nail - cross up
ring nail - cross left
pinky nail - cross left

index down press - reload (as no shooting when empty mag)
middle down press - grenade (as no grenade in ads)
ring  down press - crouch (no crouch when jump and same finger) likely will swich with jump key)
pinky down press - run (likely switch with meele)

likely run on index right as normally no shooting intended when starting to run and used really often
maybe move crosshair a row upwards so really often used actions can go indes and middle forward as most easy to use fingers.

Towers next row will be Xbox buttons
Upper towers facing down maybe XIM next config previous config
Button over analog maybe game that i play atm XIM config

probably best for change weapons is - index right
« Last Edit: 01:03 AM - 11/20/18 by roads »
Crusade atm: XIM Mouse that is stable 1000hz at 12000 or higher no delays by smoothing. XIM APEX is ridiculous without a XIM Mouse.

Online roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 11:56 PM - 11/19/18 »
Question to those already using it, hate you all, which is the easiest and most relaxed button press down or the one facing you? Down or pull? My guess is down?
Crusade atm: XIM Mouse that is stable 1000hz at 12000 or higher no delays by smoothing. XIM APEX is ridiculous without a XIM Mouse.

Online roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 01:28 AM - 11/20/18 »
Well well well what about using a pen for aiming? OSU players use them and they are not so bad. This fella is quite slow imho LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDml18Zoeis

what pens are supported on XIM? I mean for sure none but which work?

Online roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 02:26 AM - 11/20/18 »
Ordered a Wacom PTH451ENES Intuos Pro Small  as read that some plugged it and it worked and Obsiv liked it. Azeron is first device that can be used with aim only device in right hand IMHO.

Obs:
I'm always interested in developing new input methods and the one proto I made based on a Wacom tablet was amazing. The resolution on these tablets is incredibly high -- if you can unlock it by direct access to the driver. It took awhile but I got through to someone at Wacom and got a code sample which looked like it was written a couple of decades ago. I had to rewrite most of it but did make it work. I did everything through XIM's Commander interface so Wacom was plugged into a PC. Aiming was done by hovering over the tablet. It was very precise and fluid. Very easy and intuitive to aim because you are using a hand pose and grip designed for precision. Of course, severe lack of buttons is what killed any practical application of this and I didn't have time to look into it further. A foot board would help there as you are doing. I'd be happy to share the code I wrote with you if that will help.

Online roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 05:06 AM - 11/20/18 »
Ermagheeeeeeerd its here and it looks great and the switches feel great. A bit long to press but great. Torx is a T6 btw. Should be easier to set with real screwdriver.

Online roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 05:18 AM - 11/20/18 »
Amazing for running just place the thumb arm button so you can press it when pegged fully to the front while keeping it pegged. This thing is adjustable EVERYTHING!
I have a 7.5 glove size surgically which is average. Big hands will not fit. I am at maximum length to fit. Imants you need to make a longer one with longer fingers you hit the middle tower before you can hit the upper.

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 06:11 AM - 11/20/18 »
That is interesting, as I have size 8 (20cm)  hands and I don't have towers on max. We did test it on peoples with hand size 22cm (size 9) hands and din't have a issue, but overall, sure, it is possible to make longer.

Online roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 08:40 AM - 11/20/18 »
I have 19cm  and still thumb Index, ring and pinky are maxed out to fit. The reason is fully slide into the palm rest. I want to have full contact to it not only the metacarpals. Also all fingers are maxed out to the right. Its fine like that but there is no adjustment room there for me. I mean we are talking minor adjustments here on a near perfect device.

Online roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 08:49 AM - 11/20/18 »
Oh and you all remember the old traumatologists saying: when tightening a screw, after very strong comes very loose.

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 09:07 AM - 11/20/18 »
My hands are big and for the 1st day or so I felt that I had to have the arms at full extension. Since I built up the palm rest height to get my fingertips hovering over the switches in a natural feeling posture I now have them all at almost minimum apart from the pinky.

One thing that would have made the Azeron even better than it is already is for me would be that .. if the main(lower) forward facing switches had been set back just a little (maybe 5mm ?) it would make reaching the upper switches easier to hit without brushing  the finger against the lower switch. The way my grip is set means that I have to pivot my palm before extending the finger up so I dont hit the lower switch.

That said there are lots of switches with easy access and I don't use the upper ones much. For me personally my index finger is the most agile and if that one tower had the lower front switch set back a little I would use those 2 upper switches on the index finger tower a lot.
So having said that, it is in no way a criticism ... I love this gamepad and I'm thinking how it would be a better fit for me if I were able to make one myself to suit my hand.

Edit ... Just to be clear, in case I didn't explain it very well .. what I meant about the index finger tower was not to give it a longer slide in and out adjustment; but to remove the location of the lower switch from where it sits now and set it back a "wee" bit from where it sits now.
I can see that this would be difficult to do because, in order to leave the upper switches in the same position the actual design of the index finger tower would have to be changed, as there is no way to move it back a bit on the tower as it is.
« Last Edit: 09:53 AM - 11/20/18 by Au1d Yin »

Online roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 09:16 AM - 11/20/18 »
right brushing the lower tower key is a thing but not horrible as I dont press it. But many people have almost same length pinky as middle others have long middle finger. So the index needs to be 10.5cm also like the middle, The ringfinger starts more indie the device so must also be 10.5cm. Pinky needs to be 9.5cm.

Online roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 09:17 AM - 11/20/18 »
I dont think Azeron takes this personally, he will perfect the device with our input. Like Obsiv did his.

Online roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 09:35 AM - 11/20/18 »
The led on the right side is much much too bright. Can it be adjusted or turned off?

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 09:51 AM - 11/20/18 »
The led on the right side is much much too bright. Can it be adjusted or turned off?
It's on the picture in your 1st post.
I thought it was too bright but I didn't turn it down as I've never once noticed it when gaming.