XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 46419 times)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box
« Reply #120 on: 02:39 PM - 11/19/18 »
what do you use that thumbnail for? Post your config with an Azeron image like I started ten years ago lol.
Crusade atm: XIM Mouse that is stable 1000hz at 12000 or higher no delays by smoothing. XIM APEX is ridiculous without a XIM Mouse.

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 02:56 PM - 11/19/18 »
Using the thumb switch for grenades now. I had them set up to use with the middle finger forward switch, but that finger is a bit stiff and I was hitting it accidentally too many times. (KABOOM!)

The thumb nail switch can be adjusted so you hardly have to move your thumb ... great to use ... nice one Imants :)
Oh and I have built up the palm rest to suit my hand size, put some Black Polydoh on and it fits like a glove now .... can't send it back now lol!

« Last Edit: 03:02 PM - 11/19/18 by Au1d Yin »

Offline Jamesbone

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: FlexNup
  • PSN ID: Flexnitup
« Reply #122 on: 05:12 PM - 11/19/18 »
Using the thumb switch for grenades now. I had them set up to use with the middle finger forward switch, but that finger is a bit stiff and I was hitting it accidentally too many times. (KABOOM!)

The thumb nail switch can be adjusted so you hardly have to move your thumb ... great to use ... nice one Imants :)
Oh and I have built up the palm rest to suit my hand size, put some Black Polydoh on and it fits like a glove now .... can't send it back now lol!

Curious which key are you using to jump?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #123 on: 05:15 PM - 11/19/18 »
Curious which key are you using to jump?
That's a good question, I always use my thumb to jump. This thing's going to mess with my mojo, but it'll be worth it in the end  ;D

I'm also wondering if the analog stick can behave digitally so I can use the thumbstick as a d-pad. I can manipulate that using a Titan script, but on-board is preferable.

I'm looking forward to seeing what W11Ce can pull off with the Shift function for wheel menus. The Azeron has so much potential bubbling under the surface, I can't wait to start playing with it.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 06:06 PM - 11/19/18 »
I always have scroll back on my mouse assigned to jump and also a secondary on my gamepads.Been using analogue movement for a while now so it's ages since I did a space bar jump.
You have 4 extra keys to play about with now so it's what will suit you best; I'm playing The Division and it's not a jumping game, but I think the little finger pull back switch feels like it might lend itself to the same kind of instinctive feel you get from using the space bar.
I've only been using the switches for the index/middle and ring fingers, but I'll have a play about with the pinky switch tomorrow to see how it feels for jumping.

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 06:27 PM - 11/19/18 »
I'm also wondering if the analog stick can behave digitally so I can use the thumbstick as a d-pad. I can manipulate that using a Titan script, but on-board is preferable.

Short answer is yes, in next couple days we will upload new version on our software, in  joystick mode it will work with a w11ce code and in keyboard mode analog stick will act like buttons(wasd). You can even mix joystick mode with a keyboard, like analog stick+keyboard buttons or analog stick are WASD and buttons are joystick or any other combinations.
As well can change analog stick direction angle from -45 to+45, to find most conformable for You.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #126 on: 06:30 PM - 11/19/18 »
Brilliant, thank you!

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 06:47 PM - 11/19/18 »
Just tried assigning buttons in keyboard mode.
So in xim manager if you were to use the Azerons 3 main finger press down switches and the middle finger pull back switch for movement instead of it showing as "WASD" it shows "K3, K2, K4, F" and  your character moves in keyboard mode same as WASD.
If you assign ingame buttons to the "analogue" stick when the Azeron is in keyboard mode they will show as "W,A,S,D" ... so I assigned the controller d-pad on the stick and it works.
So it will work in keyboard mode with stick for digital movement or if you wanted you could use the key switches for movement ... don't know why you would, but it works.

That's the beauty of the Xim ... it doesn't matter what the buttons are named ... just assign them to a controller function and off you go.  ;D
You can go forwards with the "A" on the Azeron stick and sideways with the Azeron finger switches if that floats your boat LOL !
« Last Edit: 07:25 PM - 11/19/18 by Au1d Yin »

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 07:22 PM - 11/19/18 »
So I had a play about with using the pinky pull back switch for jumping, and "I" think that it feels natural and instinctive if you are using the thumbstick for movement.
It's like a mirror image of using WASD fingers for movement and your thumb for jumping ?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #129 on: 08:43 PM - 11/19/18 »
I use my pinky for Circle (Crouch, Cancel, Build etc). I'll have to think about where to rebind Jump if using the stick for movement rather than WASD, possibly middle finger.

Realistically, I'll probably fall back to WASD on the buttons, use the stick for d-pad and the thumb button for jump. It's nice to have both options :)

Offline YOUDID

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 08:48 PM - 11/19/18 »
Does the analog stick have a click down button?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #131 on: 08:52 PM - 11/19/18 »
Good question. I doubt it, but confirmation would be handy.

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 08:54 PM - 11/19/18 »
I found that for me best place for jumping are mouse forward button. And still on my thumb  ;D

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 08:58 PM - 11/19/18 »
Yes it have, but I don't really recommend use it a lot, as it need lot tension to press it and, that not really good for construction.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #134 on: 08:58 PM - 11/19/18 »
I found that for me best place for jumping are mouse forward button. And still on my thumb  ;D
Unfortunately, I'm left-handed and there aren't many mice with right-side buttons. They exist (e.g Zowie, Logitech G Pro wireless), but I far prefer a G Pro for my hand size and grip. G Pro has an ambidextrous shell but left-side buttons only :/

I'm sure I'll work out a solution, that's part of the fun :D