XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 45523 times)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box soon
« Reply #30 on: 09:50 PM - 11/06/18 »
antithesis as I said hope you are no Virgin. This device is brutaly geeky. I allready love the looks. Those finger towers! I don't take credits, R3MiX found it and I just picked up the ball, hyped it and harassed W11ce with spam Whatsapp messages until he gave up. But - I know him, he loves this sheit too. He is not convinced yet the buttons work well gaming, Imants (Azeron) sends him mine to test. I quite think it will work as he went through a lot of prototype testing with friends as you can see on Geekhack. But sure, you have to lay.

flashing the Teensy you install Arduino software, add some library files choose the Teensy that is connected to PC over USB and flash it. Next restart you are good to go.

Be prepared that for the wireless version you will need to replace the Teensy as Imants uses Teensy 2.0 which is not the best option for wireless as I understand. I think W11ce will do custom Teensy with low cost version as it eats less energy. The battery will be a PS4 controller battery its widely available. I will ask Imants to leave the cables long enough so soldering is not that hard.

I guess Imants will adopt the custom LC Teensy for later versions so he can go wireless also with PC and XIM. Most of us don't care about PC, games don't support mouse and analog stick well, its still the best option to choose controller and go over the XIM on PC.

So W11ce will make the Azeron work on Xim which will be piece of cake, 5 minute job for him, he has the code already and then try to make the Teensy wireless 1000hz which is really hard as I understand as there is hardware without code. Wireless left hand full gamepad would be a milestone for Xim gaming.

Uh, what? I have a mission now?

Yes Commander, we (the world) rely on you, good luck commander!
« Last Edit: 10:05 PM - 11/06/18 by roads »
Crusade atm: XIM Mouse that is stable 1000hz at 12000 or higher no delays by smoothing. XIM APEX is ridiculous without a XIM Mouse.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #31 on: 02:20 AM - 11/07/18 »
antithesis as I said hope you are no Virgin. This device is brutaly geeky. I allready love the looks. Those finger towers!
It's got me drooling too. I am nothing if not a gaming accessory aficionado - there are boxes full of decades-old gaming gadgets under my house. I care more about how I interface with a game than actually playing it.

I'm not after a wireless version myself, the vanilla Azeron should do me just fine. Hopefully W11CE's Teensy firmware won't require a lot of effort to transfer to the Azeron.

In the worst case scenario, I'll pipe it from PC to Xim via Titan Two and use Joy2Key etc. Or ask J2K at ConsoleTuner to take a look at it and add direct support on T2.

Any right-hand analog gamepad is a milestone for lefties.
« Last Edit: 02:27 AM - 11/07/18 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 02:23 AM - 11/07/18 »
I can update a Teensy if I have code and library so can you. Not a problem.

I care more about how I interface with a game than actually playing it

Yeah me too and I only enjoy gaming if the interfacing is perfect.
Crusade atm: XIM Mouse that is stable 1000hz at 12000 or higher no delays by smoothing. XIM APEX is ridiculous without a XIM Mouse.

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 07:13 AM - 11/07/18 »
I ordered one yesterday ... is there any chance that the Xim will recognize it as a joystick HID device 'out of the box' without flashing?

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: LordofBiggles
  • PSN ID: PulpBiggles
« Reply #34 on: 07:26 AM - 11/07/18 »
I ordered one yesterday ... is there any chance that the Xim will recognize it as a joystick HID device 'out of the box' without flashing?

Doesn't look that way mate. Must admit I'm fighting the urge to order one - trying to wait until we know if wireless can definitely be achieved.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 08:31 AM - 11/07/18 »
That will take weeks Pulp. @Au1d Yin sure after W11ce has the device he will give the modified G13 code to Imants whom you can then ask to flash the the Teensy or he will build it into his firmware. But flashing is really no biggie.

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: LordofBiggles
  • PSN ID: PulpBiggles
« Reply #36 on: 08:59 AM - 11/07/18 »
I expected it to take a while, it's difficult to not purchase now when it looks so good. Will definitely wait for some of you early adopters to feedback first though!

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #37 on: 09:01 AM - 11/07/18 »
Interesting.

Looks impressive, great concept, but 3D printed? Unsure how well it would last. And I'm looking forward to trying out analogue keys with the Wooting 2 soon. Not sure that mechanical is the way forward, so the timing is wrong for me.

I'm looking forward to your review, though, Roads.

(Thanks for pointing me at this thread, anti. No, I hadn't seen it.)

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Gigabyte Aorus, Audio Technica AD700, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend![/s]

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 10:13 AM - 11/07/18 »
W11ce has doubts because of buttons in use. I hope he is wrong.

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 11:01 AM - 11/07/18 »
Me personally, I'm willing to take a chance on it, if it doesn't suit me I wont complain.It was interesting to see Imants progression from a hand carved wood palm rest .. to the stage it is at now ... I take my hat off to him  8)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 11:14 AM - 11/07/18 »
Me too, chapeau. The design is very clever.  We had something similar in mind with W11ce but we did not have the drive and persistence to get from Idea to prototyping. I guess N52te mod was too good. The adjustabilty alone of the the Azeron is unique. The switches I only know from Microsoft Professional II™, Datahand  see here https://oddstuffmagazine.com/worlds-10-most-pricey-computer-keyboards.html

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 11:23 PM - 11/07/18 »
Good news for Azeron wired and bad for wireless. Wired will likely work out of the box without flashing, W11ce informs Imants what his firmware has to do and what not. The Apex knows teensy already as I understand.
Bad for wireless is, it cant be sold just like that because of RF laws. It can be done with a lot of paperwork and needs EMC testing and costs thousands of Euros W11ce explained to me.
Again like with the N52te Teensy mod and prototyping something new, there is not enough urge and drive to fund this, we can all play wired after all, its not that we have to pick up the controller or being forced to WASD. The alternative would be a crowdfund, not sure if W11ce would do the work even if the necessary money would be collected. It would make more sense for guys who want to sell a retail product, for example Obsiv if he wants a wireless XIM ID (input device) to go through the validation process. Or Imants if he wants to get his finger towers to be plastic printed instead of 3D-print at home. The best would be  if Obsiv and Imants would team up. Imants has a very clever design and Obsiv has the means to make a finished product and it would fit perfectly into the Xim world.

My device is in the making and is shipped next week.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #42 on: 11:57 PM - 11/07/18 »
Yes, EMC certification is very expensive and different requirements per country. Something we had to do all the way back through XIM3. Even registering for our our own USB PID cost 2000 USD.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 01:28 AM - 11/08/18 »
Have you considered doing a left handed input device  for the right handed Ximmer now that the G13 is gone, Obs? I have this urge of connecting to this device the moment I saw it. It just has all the perks it needs. I have literally no idea on how to make this device better except get rid of the wire and get the parts out of a a mold. (keys/buttons to be tested)

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: KAMPR-
« Reply #44 on: 03:12 PM - 11/08/18 »
That guy actually join our discord to get some input from us. He is looking to designing one that has similarities to a orbweaver/G13. Waiting from him to see what he can come up with.
XiM3R since ever since.