XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 36435 times)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
The Azeron - XIM out of the box
« on: 02:53 AM - 11/06/18 »
http://azeron.eu

Its Teensy so it can be used on XIM! Left and right hand input device.

« Last Edit: 05:40 AM - 11/18/18 by roads »
RookCheck: Relax, no one is attacking you personally.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box soon
« Reply #1 on: 02:54 AM - 11/06/18 »
Key-towers, I always wanted key-Towers, love them LOL
« Last Edit: 03:21 AM - 11/06/18 by roads »

Offline Jamesbone

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: FlexNup
  • PSN ID: Flexnitup
« Reply #2 on: 04:46 AM - 11/06/18 »
Anybody got one? How does it feel to use?

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: LordofBiggles
  • PSN ID: PulpBiggles
« Reply #3 on: 04:58 AM - 11/06/18 »
<splat> That, only wireless and working with the xim would be an instant purchase by me.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:28 AM - 11/06/18 »
I ordered two. Itís a Teensy so W11ce can do his wizardry with it. Imants the maker of the device will add the XIM code. To make Teensy wireless W11ce needs to work together with Obsiv. Will this happen? No idea.

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:41 AM - 11/06/18 »
Obsiv! COME ON! You know you want to!

<I say this with absolutely no idea of what's involved and whether it is a realistic request>

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:01 AM - 11/06/18 »
I think W11ce said it is possible at least with a dongle that is plugged to the XIM hub. Maybe Obsiv just has to allow the dongle like other wireless hardware?

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07:15 AM - 11/06/18 »
I suppose (from my absolutely zero knowledge base) the dongles such as those supplied by Logitech don't appear as a bluetooth dongle as such to the xim, but literally just report the keystrokes/button presses as if the HID is connected directly to the xim.

So I guess the issue is that any standard bluetooth dongle that's available is different in that it doesn't appear as a HID but as exactly what it is - a Bluetooth dongle.

I wonder, if the trick could be to have the teensy communicate with a pre-existing wireless device dongle Ö perhaps the Logitech unifying receiver Ö I have no idea if possible, but wouldn't that basically take the xim out of the equation in terms of Obsiv having to do something? Those unifying receivers are readily available, either as a standalone purchase or as part of a pack.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07:48 AM - 11/06/18 »
No idea Pulp. Apex can talk BT and could talk directly to the Teensy with BT enabled board. Doesnít it already talk to the Sony Nav without dongle? Well W11ce and Obs will figure it out if they want to. Teensy-Apex BT would basically enable any input device to be wireless. G13, N52te, Orbweaver ...any gaming keyboard.
Anyway that Azeron is so much a gamers dream and guarantees to stay a virgin for any teen, hell you can loose your wife over that input device LOL. I can see my wife ask "the hell is this" with those big eyes.

Offline Fox McCloud

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Sir Fox McCloud
« Reply #9 on: 07:56 AM - 11/06/18 »
Does anybody own and can confirm this product works? I don't game on PC so if it's a no go with XIM then I'd be wasting my money.
XIM APEX | XIM LINK | XBOX One S | Razer OrbWeaver (Razer Orange/Cherry Brown equivalent) | Logitech G502 (3.5K DPI & 1K Hz) | Asus 24" (VG245H) | Destiny 2 & Division 2

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08:00 AM - 11/06/18 »
Its teensy so itís a 100% working with XIM if you flash W11ces firmware to the Teensy that emulates G13. I use his Firmware on a teensy in a N52te. More interesting is how the switches are usable. Are they nice to press or fatiguing? This thing is 3D printed and hand assembled, mine is done end of the week. I will tell you when I have it. It could bite my hand off.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08:13 AM - 11/06/18 »
I wonder if the wireless teensy would speed up if we would make a crowdfund out of this.

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08:29 AM - 11/06/18 »
Apex can talk BT and could talk directly to the Teensy with BT enabled board. Doesnít it already talk to the Sony Nav without dongle?

That's very true Ö I guess there might be nuances for how different devices would work but surely one combo could be supported if only to provide another option for people who just don't get on with the NAV.

The ability to use a keypad wireless would be a complete win for me. Currently I either have to have a cable stretching across room for my N52te (which I hate - the cable, not the N52 - and isn't great with dogs around), or I have to use a NAV, which I cannot learnt to love despite many attempts - it always feels like a massive compromise.

I have also tried using a full size wireless keyboard, but that is never comfortable on the lap, even with some sort of rest - it takes up too much room and pushes my right arm out for the mouse into a position that doesn't feel natural.

It will be interesting to see what Razer and Microsoft announce later this month. Pretty sure that something is planned in partnership on the back of Microsoft pushing forward on the whole mouse & keyboard front. Wonder if there might be some wireless device(s) planned.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08:50 AM - 11/06/18 »
Same here I have the Corsair Lapdesk and hate it cause of WASD. I am sure I could get used to WASD in some decades but I prefer not to. Never liked it not even in the 80s and 90s bevore the analogue stick. Also same here about the single cord. Nice wireless 70g 305 mouse and a wired N52te with trap wire and annyoing to set up and put away. No G13 successor in sight, not even sure if wireless, if ever happening.
I really hope W11ce will get the drive to make it happen now with the Azeron. Obsiv will get one for sure, this design is too genious.

Here is the keys in action, I asked for a video to see if the keys are soft. And they are!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkI97ORwmso&index=6&list=UUyMLdgkYQ5dXUDZjTAwYEEA

Looks amazing, fingers just hang in there and push buttons.
« Last Edit: 08:55 AM - 11/06/18 by roads »

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09:12 AM - 11/06/18 »
Yes, that looks like a real winner. Aesthetically pleasing for sure, but with real practicality. The positioning of that analog stick looks spot on.