XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 23540 times)

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box
« Reply #660 on: 07:40 AM - 02/09/19 »
Arived like 30mins ago, Iím going to get everything set up and Iíll share how I feel once Iíve had a little time with it.
| Apex ~ Zowie FK2 ~ Azeron Compact ~ G440 ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: 08:49 AM - 02/09/19 »

Offline EmanueleCiriachi

• View Profile
« Reply #662 on: 08:52 AM - 02/09/19 »
Hello everyone, first post, I registered as this is probably the biggest Azeron thread I could find.

I'm UK based and received mine yesterday. I fiddled with it a bit, read the manual, updated the firmware to the latest version and tried to create a keyboard profile for the game I bought it for (Elite Dangerous).

I encountered the following issues:

The software advertised on the Manual does not appear to be the one you can download (EDIT: at time of writing, the one you can download is version 0.3.3): in particular, no feature for Hardware/Software profiles was found: https://www.screencast.com/t/a2QdytJdooaR

I am completely unable to rebind the keyboard bindings; after downloading the Azeron software and opening it, I have done the following:

-switch to keyboard mode;
-open a text editor and press a button on the Azeron: the "p" letter is printed;
-I find the button in the software bound to "p", and change the keyboard bind to "m";
-I press again the same button on the Azeron, and it still prints "p" - disregarding my change.

Did anyone else encountered similar issues?
« Last Edit: 08:59 AM - 02/09/19 by EmanueleCiriachi »
GNaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #663 on: 01:53 PM - 02/09/19 »
Hello everyone, first post, I registered as this is probably the biggest Azeron thread I could find.

I'm UK based and received mine yesterday. I fiddled with it a bit, read the manual, updated the firmware to the latest version and tried to create a keyboard profile for the game I bought it for (Elite Dangerous).

I encountered the following issues:

The software advertised on the Manual does not appear to be the one you can download (EDIT: at time of writing, the one you can download is version 0.3.3): in particular, no feature for Hardware/Software profiles was found: https://www.screencast.com/t/a2QdytJdooaR

I am completely unable to rebind the keyboard bindings; after downloading the Azeron software and opening it, I have done the following:

-switch to keyboard mode;
-open a text editor and press a button on the Azeron: the "p" letter is printed;
-I find the button in the software bound to "p", and change the keyboard bind to "m";
-I press again the same button on the Azeron, and it still prints "p" - disregarding my change.

Did anyone else encountered similar issues?
Fixed by installing teensy serial driver. https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/serial_install.exe

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: 03:43 PM - 02/09/19 »
Probably going to do my little ď review ď in a few hours, all Iím saying is I fall more in love with this thing the more I adjust it ;D

Offline parjn

• View Profile
« Reply #665 on: 06:32 PM - 02/09/19 »
JDM I'd also like you to either mention how loud the buttons are or even push the buttons so I can know how it sounds! I'm super excited to see a review.
PS4 Slim | Corsair K68 | Logitech g502 | Xim Apex | Azeron Original

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: 06:37 PM - 02/09/19 »
JDM I'd also like you to either mention how loud the buttons are or even push the buttons so I can know how it sounds! I'm super excited to see a review.

The push and pull sound like G502 clicks and the press ( Keyboard kinda buttons ) take a bit of pressure to click and sound kinda like the Rival 600 side buttons.

Offline parjn

• View Profile
« Reply #667 on: 06:41 PM - 02/09/19 »
Thanks!

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: 06:48 PM - 02/09/19 »
It is really good, Iím going to give it a minute to get used to.

Surprisingly, it does feel like itís going to be really easy to get used to, nothing like when I was trying Keyboard lol.

One tip would be try and bind switches as the same motion and finger you would have had it on whatever youbused before ( if that makes sense )

So like if you had the Nav and used L2 for Jump, make the index finger pull ď jump ď

The less things you change with that method, the easier it feels.

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: 04:39 AM - 02/10/19 »
Does anyone know how I can rotate the forwards motion of the thumb stick slightly counterclockwise?

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #670 on: 05:30 AM - 02/10/19 »
Does anyone know how I can rotate the forwards motion of the thumb stick slightly counterclockwise?
Use Angle slider under analog stick menu.

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: 05:44 AM - 02/10/19 »
Ive still been unable to eat that software to work.

After the first time I had it, i closed it and reopened and it went back to the first issue ( screenshot ) I sent you.

Sat down resetting my pc, redownloading it for about 3 hours and got nowhere lol.

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: 06:07 AM - 02/10/19 »
Got it now, just not going to close it.
« Last Edit: 02:57 PM - 02/11/19 by JDM »

Offline parjn

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: 02:53 PM - 02/11/19 »
I have basically given up on constant refreshing of the tracker because I think it's just on a boat headed to the US, so I suppose I might just be surprised to see any tracking activity this week on my Azeron.

Offline Azeron

• View Profile
« Reply #674 on: 03:40 PM - 02/11/19 »
I have basically given up on constant refreshing of the tracker because I think it's just on a boat headed to the US, so I suppose I might just be surprised to see any tracking activity this week on my Azeron.
I know that feeling, I waiting 2 months for my USB cables and tracking information stands like frozen :D