XIM Community

The Azeron - XIM out of the box  (Read 49500 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: The Azeron - XIM out of the box soon
« Reply #45 on: 03:16 PM - 11/08/18 »
Have you considered doing a left handed input device  for the right handed Ximmer now that the G13 is gone, Obs? I have this urge of connecting to this device the moment I saw it. It just has all the perks it needs. I have literally no idea on how to make this device better except get rid of the wire and get the parts out of a a mold. (keys/buttons to be tested)

roads, this was something we considered in the past, but, we are taking things in a different direction. But, I'd be happy to give the creator of this device some pointers if they have any questions about how to go from this to an actual shipping product.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: xiiProG_NiTROiix
« Reply #46 on: 03:39 PM - 11/08/18 »
Could end up being a grest colaberation. This website offers great publicity for the creators target audience and it would be good to have an alalogue device endorsed by xim and o be able to order the product from the xim store.
Mainly play overwatch
Generally high master low gm ☺

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 11:00 PM - 11/08/18 »
Thatís a nice gesture Obs, I am sure you have some pitfalls to guide around. If he wants to make this go retail he should absolutely contact you for some valuable tips. Not easy to protect the design from China and the device is all about design.
Crusade atm: none

Offline Gamer4life

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 06:31 PM - 11/09/18 »
Good news for Azeron wired and bad for wireless. Wired will likely work out of the box without flashing, W11ce informs Imants what his firmware has to do and what not. The Apex knows teensy already as I understand.
Bad for wireless is, it cant be sold just like that because of RF laws. It can be done with a lot of paperwork and needs EMC testing and costs thousands of Euros W11ce explained to me.
Again like with the N52te Teensy mod and prototyping something new, there is not enough urge and drive to fund this, we can all play wired after all, its not that we have to pick up the controller or being forced to WASD. The alternative would be a crowdfund, not sure if W11ce would do the work even if the necessary money would be collected. It would make more sense for guys who want to sell a retail product, for example Obsiv if he wants a wireless XIM ID (input device) to go through the validation process. Or Imants if he wants to get his finger towers to be plastic printed instead of 3D-print at home. The best would be  if Obsiv and Imants would team up. Imants has a very clever design and Obsiv has the means to make a finished product and it would fit perfectly into the Xim world.

My device is in the making and is shipped next week.

So is it plug and play out of the box with xim, or do you need to flash the azeron or download something to make it work? I want to buy one it looks great.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #49 on: 07:55 PM - 11/09/18 »
So is it plug and play out of the box with xim, or do you need to flash the azeron or download something to make it work? I want to buy one it looks great.
Given it's a Teensy-based device, it may be plug-and-play. If not, W11Ce has Teensy firmware to emulate a Logitech G13 that may slot in nicely on the Azeron. We'll know soon enough.

Worst case scenario - use Xim Link, Titan One, Titan Two or CronusMAX to feed the Azeron from PC through to Xim.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 09:04 PM - 11/09/18 »
Right and we don't know yet how the buttons play out compared to cherry reds.

Offline Jumpy

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 09:44 PM - 11/09/18 »
I received the Azeron the other day and can confirm it works with the Apex.

Analog mode is plug and play - the xim recognises the buttons as generic controller buttons.

The buttons are very clicky and feel more like mouse buttons than cherry mx red switches.

The analog stick works well but seems to snaps to the forward, back, left, or right directions when you are close.
For example if you press the stick forward and 5 degrees left it will continue straight ahead in game until the angle increases to say 10 degrees. It is definitely analog though.

It also works plugged directly into the Titan 2 without going through a PC.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 09:54 PM - 11/09/18 »
So you ordered weeks ago and did not tell us about this awesome device? Shame on you  :)
So its working out of the box which is nice, clicky buttons is awesome also. Do they make a lot of sound?
The stick behaving strangely is code. W11ce will be able to fix that.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #53 on: 10:07 PM - 11/09/18 »

Analog mode is plug and play - the xim recognises the buttons as generic controller buttons.

The buttons are very clicky and feel more like mouse buttons than cherry mx red switches.

The analog stick works well but seems to snaps to the forward, back, left, or right directions when you are close.
For example if you press the stick forward and 5 degrees left it will continue straight ahead in game until the angle increases to say 10 degrees. It is definitely analog though.

Brilliant! Thanks for the info  ;D

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Balor1712

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 10:40 PM - 11/09/18 »
So you ordered weeks ago and did not tell us about this awesome device? Shame on you  :)
So its working out of the box which is nice, clicky buttons is awesome also. Do they make a lot of sound?
The stick behaving strangely is code. W11ce will be able to fix that.

Would W11ce be able to fix the stick via a firmware update I assume?

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 01:50 AM - 11/10/18 »
He just has to send his stick settings from the code to him I guess.

Offline Gamer4life

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 05:16 AM - 11/10/18 »

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation Jumpy and thanks for your reply as well roads.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 06:39 AM - 11/10/18 »
Jumpy give some review plz.

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 06:57 AM - 11/10/18 »

Welcome to the forums Jumpy ..... that's  a real nice first post   8)
Edit: Been thinking about what you said about the stick, and might that not be such a bad thing, well maybe in certain situations?
I know that when I'm scrolling through Xbox menus with my controller stick, a lot of the time I end up accidentally moving to the menu below the one I'm trying to view because I'm not keeping the analogue stick moving in a perfectly straight line ... I think I'm going straight but it's easy to wander off.So for in game things like moving along narrow ledges with a big drop, or running across logs and planks and stuff ... might that analogue stick setup help?

« Last Edit: 07:32 AM - 11/10/18 by Au1d Yin »

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 08:36 AM - 11/10/18 »
I had this with W11ces Teensies and the N52te, I think it was the deadzones or something like that in the code. Peanuts.