XIM Community

(**GOLD**) vs (**LATEST**) long time since I have been here... i am a noob now  (Read 556 times)

Offline PointBlankShot

• MVP
  • Xbox One X > PS4
    • View Profile
Hello,

I have my XIM 4 and have not updated it in several years. I would ike to start using it again, and have a handful of noobish questions I was hoping you could help me save a bit of time.

1. Is the new XIM APEX a great improvement?
2. Should I upgrade to the APEX from 4? do I really need to?
3. What is the difference in firmware between  (**GOLD**) vs  (**LATEST**)

Thank you all for any time you spend answering these. A simple yes or now will suffice except for #3
Xbox One X + Orbweaver + G502 + XIM4/APEX

Offline PointBlankShot

• MVP
  • Xbox One X > PS4
    • View Profile
Can an admin of this forum post to this thread to answer the question please? mist4fun?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
APEX is capable of running at 1-8ms, has a better ballistics tool, and allows for framerate syncronization.

Game Framerate Synchronization: A new Config setting under Aim (expand '...' to view) called Synchronize was added. The purpose of this setting is to better align your XIM APEX's operation to the game's input processing loop to improve aiming fidelity. It works at all XIM APEX Response Rates and is available within Expert configuration mode. There are 4 settings you can choose from:

Default   This is the default and is designed to generally work well on all games and matches the behavior of all XIMs prior to XIM APEX.
        Common   If your game runs at 60fps, try this setting. If switching from Default, divide your sensitivity by 2.
        Slow   If your game runs at 30fps, try this setting. If switching from Default, divide your sensitivity by 4.
        Off   Disables synchronization. Use this setting if you prefer to behavior of the retail XIM APEX firmware.

I'm sure I missed things from the dev blog comparison.

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=3819.msg641775#msg641775

There is currently only one latest build that is also gold.

http://xim.tech/latest
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline PointBlankShot

• MVP
  • Xbox One X > PS4
    • View Profile
Mist,

Thank you. does this mean that gold is for the APEX, and latest if for non apex? I guess I am still confused on what is different in the two versions, and why you want two versions?

in the download section for XIM4 (not apex) you offer gold and latest...

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Gold is stable, latest is latest. I recommend using the latest build with APEX, depending on the stock you purchase from it should come with the latest firmware.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos