XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Strafe keys lock up  (Read 441 times)

Offline woodrow434

• View Profile
[ACTIVE] Strafe keys lock up
« on: 01:53 PM - 11/01/18 »
Hi,

New to XIM community + usage. Have latest beta firmware (20181019) running an Apex on Xbox one x.

I play exclusively BO4 right now and I'm having some issues with keyboard inputs... about 10-15 times a match or so I'll notice my strafe keys lock up and the inputs dont work. I can unpress and repress the key and it will work but still throws you off mid gunfights etc. I can replicate this on the menu screen by pressing a/d repeatedly and it will drop the D input consistently.

Could this be firmware or maybe my cable connecting the controller to the apex isnt good?

« Last Edit: 02:30 PM - 11/01/18 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Strafe keys lock up
« Reply #1 on: 01:54 PM - 11/01/18 »
This is likely related to the firmware, it may have a different effect in each game. You could downgrade to the gold firmware to verify.

http://xim.tech/latest
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline woodrow434

• View Profile
Re: Strafe keys lock up
« Reply #2 on: 02:06 PM - 11/01/18 »
This is likely related to the firmware, it may have a different effect in each game. You could downgrade to the gold firmware to verify.

http://xim.tech/latest

Thanks for the reply & moving to this section.

I did a quick revert to the latest gold you linked and it didn't help the issue.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Strafe keys lock up
« Reply #3 on: 02:31 PM - 11/01/18 »
If you lower APEX response rate to 125hz, save, disconnect and reconnect APEX does the issue still occur?

If you have another keyboard please test this using the gold firmware linked earlier. I don't expect it to be a key rollover issue as only pressing a A and D shouldn't create a rollover issue but I can't think of another explanation other than this being related to the keyboard if there are no issues with the mouse.

Offline woodrow434

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:47 PM - 11/01/18 »
If you lower APEX response rate to 125hz, save, disconnect and reconnect APEX does the issue still occur?

If you have another keyboard please test this using the gold firmware linked earlier. I don't expect it to be a key rollover issue as only pressing a A and D shouldn't create a rollover issue but I can't think of another explanation other than this being related to the keyboard if there are no issues with the mouse.

I lowered to 125hz, tested and the issue was still present. I swapped my keyboard with another and voila... no more issue. Its strange and unfortunate since I love my Ducky keyboard.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:49 PM - 11/01/18 »
Sorry, it looks like an issue with using the keyboard with XIM. Razer keyboards have similar issues without using the Synapse software. What's strange is that it's behaving like a rollover issue but usually that requires multiple keypresses simultaneously.

Offline woodrow434

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02:55 PM - 11/01/18 »
Thanks for the help.

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
  • Please Delete My Account
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Delete
« Reply #7 on: 02:10 PM - 11/16/18 »
If you have a PC next to your setup, Xim Link can help alleviate software driver keyboard issues
Please Delete My Account