XIM Community

Read Dead Redemption 2 - CONFIG and TIPS  (Read 14455 times)

Offline ORI0749

• View Profile
Re: Read Dead Redemption - Config
« Reply #15 on: 12:35 PM - 10/31/18 »
I'm not an expert but i play is with those settings. and it feels great.

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=71671.0

The Xim developers recommend using max in game sensitivity and acceleration. I totally agree with them on this. Any setting for acceleration that is not maximum results in acceleration happening in the middle of your mouse look. Only maxed is it instant and therefore controllable as an overall part of sensitivity. It's the most important setting in game. Your deadzone should be 0 or a click, maybe two. That's it. It's way to high in the middle.

Last you need to max sensitivity for the sole reason that it keeps sensitivity numbers on the xim lower which also let's you use lower dpi which is the absolute best trick of them all.

The person saying they have 800 dpi, well that is the sweetspot. I'm using 800 dpi, 180 hip 1.10 x/y, 90 ads 1.10 x/y and I am headshot accurate using ADS.

Oh and nice guide. Very professional and thanks for the scripts!
304/5000
i set it to maximum sensitivity on on both Look & Aim in game. and the setting on XIM APES as you did. and those are the results
For me the game barely moves in the HIP. And ADS did not move at all. ....
I do not know how do you use these settings.
I also tried 250Hz and 500Hz and tried polling rate 500 and 1000 and it still the same. and my Mic i set to 800 dpi.

Offline alucard_24

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Alucard--28
Re: Read Dead Redemption - Config
« Reply #16 on: 01:29 PM - 10/31/18 »
I'm not an expert but i play is with those settings. and it feels great.

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=71671.0

The Xim developers recommend using max in game sensitivity and acceleration. I totally agree with them on this. Any setting for acceleration that is not maximum results in acceleration happening in the middle of your mouse look. Only maxed is it instant and therefore controllable as an overall part of sensitivity. It's the most important setting in game. Your deadzone should be 0 or a click, maybe two. That's it. It's way to high in the middle.

Last you need to max sensitivity for the sole reason that it keeps sensitivity numbers on the xim lower which also let's you use lower dpi which is the absolute best trick of them all.

The person saying they have 800 dpi, well that is the sweetspot. I'm using 800 dpi, 180 hip 1.10 x/y, 90 ads 1.10 x/y and I am headshot accurate using ADS.

Oh and nice guide. Very professional and thanks for the scripts!
Thank you very much, I tested it and it works really well :)

Offline rubberslippahs

• View Profile
Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 - Config
« Reply #17 on: 12:11 PM - 11/02/18 »
Does this config work with Xim4 or only Apex?  I'm having trouble getting it to work on Xim4. 

Also, for the Nav users, what are your button setups?  I can't find a setup that works for me.

Offline swendle

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 08:20 AM - 11/04/18 »
Excuse me if this has been answered in another section, but how does one go about creating a Config for the "Red Dead Redemption - Nav Config"?  Do I need the XIM Link program for this? I tried doing a search, but I came up empty. This would really be helpful. Again, sorry in advance.
« Last Edit: 10:52 AM - 11/04/18 by swendle »

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02:03 PM - 11/04/18 »
Excuse me if this has been answered in another section, but how does one go about creating a Config for the "Red Dead Redemption - Nav Config"?  Do I need the XIM Link program for this? I tried doing a search, but I came up empty. This would really be helpful. Again, sorry in advance.

Just copy that code, and in your app have RDR2 ST loaded up. Hit the edit button in the top left, then in the first page, under identity you'll see three dots, hit those and tap paste.
Xbox One X
XIM Apex
Logitech G502 12k DPI @ 1000Hz
Koolertron Gateron Black Switches
Zowie P-SR
Acer GN246HL
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline Bredant

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08:27 PM - 11/04/18 »
Anybody know of a way to equip both ST? I prefer first person for run and gun but third person is undeniably better when fighting on horseback. Is this possible?

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10:00 PM - 11/04/18 »
You have to make two Configs, and put one after the other. Then go to Globals and assign a key for each Config or up and down navigation.

You have to change between profiles when changing views.

That is not practical at all, stick with one.

Offline swendle

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12:20 PM - 11/05/18 »

Just copy that code, and in your app have RDR2 ST loaded up. Hit the edit button in the top left, then in the first page, under identity you'll see three dots, hit those and tap paste.

Thank you!

Offline rubberslippahs

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11:23 AM - 11/10/18 »
So does this work with Xim4?  And can someone share Nav button config?  Thanks!

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 04:35 PM - 11/27/18 »
Have you tried using the ADS translator on hip profile?

I noticed the game still uses it's ads look mechanic untill the gun is completely down so if you want to aim smoothly out of that you have to match it.

Still experimenting with it but so far it feels better than what i had even though hip is worse.

Ideally our ADS translator would deactivate when the gun is down i suppose but i have no idea how to set a delay for that.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 05:12 PM - 11/27/18 »
Have you tried using the ADS translator on hip profile?

I noticed the game still uses it's ads look mechanic untill the gun is completely down so if you want to aim smoothly out of that you have to match it.

Still experimenting with it but so far it feels better than what i had even though hip is worse.

Ideally our ADS translator would deactivate when the gun is down i suppose but i have no idea how to set a delay for that.

We need a new option, a delay after exiting ADS or going back to HIP, aka HIP Delay same like any new sub-config has. I asked for it but... XIM Team is not looking forward to implement it.

I'm writing a script to abate this issue.

If you use HIP Smart Translator only, disabling ADS sub-config the switch is smooth but aiming while zoom is very slow like a x4 from HIP.

Changing between ADS and HIP make XIM useless for this game on multiplayer is a no go.

I'm doing better playing on First Person (using the RDR2 ST Config for First Person), this hiccup is not present, but yeah still we are in a disadvantage due field of view.

I mean.... this game is meant to play with controller man, sucks but... the aim look mechanic is terrible, and everybody has an aim-bot with such a dumb down lock-on. What decides who won a gun fight is  who has a faster ping. So stupid.
« Last Edit: 07:25 PM - 11/27/18 by alanmcgregor »

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 07:04 PM - 11/27/18 »
Eureka!, I think... I know how can I make it work, without scripts by tricking XIM Manager.

If I use the ADS translator on HIP subconfig, and...
On ADS sub-config use HIP translator, with a delay.

Then, in-game off-sync XIM manager in some way, so in game I'm at HIP but on XIM Manager I'm at the ADS Sub-config (which is using the HIP translator), so...

When I press my ADS button, in game I going to switch to the scope or ADS state
On XIM Manager I switch to HIP which has the ADS translator...

OK, so I want to get out of the ADS state.
I release my ADS button, in game I go back to HIP
On XIM Manager I change from HIP to the ADS Sub-config which has the Delay I need for the gun animation, and is using the HIP translator.

hehehe... @#$%, I know is confusing but yeah.... I'm just guessing. Going to try when I get back to home.

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 07:10 PM - 11/27/18 »
Eureka!, I think... I know how can I make it work, without scripts by tricking XIM Manager.

If I use the ADS translator on HIP subconfig, and...
On ADS sub-config use HIP translator, with a delay.

Then, in-game off-sync XIM manager in some way, so in game I'm at HIP but on XIM Manager I'm at the ADS Sub-config (which is using the HIP translator), so...

When I press my ADS button, in game I going to switch to the scope or ADS state
On XIM Manager I switch to HIP which has the ADS translator...

OK, so I want to get out of the ADS state.
I release my ADS button, in game I go back to HIP
On XIM Manager I change from HIP to the ADS Sub-config which has the Delay I need for the gun animation, and is using the HIP translator.

hehehe... @#$%, I know is confusing but yeah.... I'm just guessing. Going to try when I get back to home.

Could work i'll try it out in a bit.

What i'm using right now is ADS translator on hip profile (sens divided by 4). So my hip is still pretty fast but manageable.

Also RDR Online will probably have hardcore soon like the original game. A lot of people are waiting for it.
(No auto aim lobbies). Thats when xim will be able to do work.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 07:16 PM - 11/27/18 »
Good Idea, that also might work.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09:30 PM - 11/27/18 »
Doesn't work, only for one change. XIM Manager corrects the off-sync (which is good).

Sucks but, it seems a script is the only way to use the translators at the right time.

Using ADS ST on HIP and ADS seems the easiest solution but tracking is not up to par.