XIM Community

Read Dead Redemption 2 - CONFIG and TIPS  (Read 16465 times)

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 - Config
« Reply #30 on: 11:00 PM - 11/27/18 »
Doesn't work, only for one change. XIM Manager corrects the off-sync (which is good).

Sucks but, it seems a script is the only way to use the translators at the right time.

Using ADS ST on HIP and ADS seems the easiest solution but tracking is not up to par.

Have you tried moving up the ADS profile because the latest ones always get priority.

Aux 4 takes priority over all which should be the ADS profile.

So now i'm thinking of binding the other aux profiles to my movement keys and setting them all to the same hip translator profile.

(old ads profile W , Aux1 A ,  Aux2 S , Aux3 D )

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 12:45 AM - 11/28/18 »
I try many settings,

Using ADS Translator on HIP and ADS but setting the game Look Sensitivity to 4 (fill left to right) the hiccup disappears completely, but turning is tricky, hip/look aim is jittery and skipping pixels. That was the best config that work on 3rd person.
« Last Edit: 05:34 PM - 11/28/18 by alanmcgregor »

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 12:53 AM - 11/28/18 »
I try many settings,

Using ADS Translator on HIP and ADS but setting the game Look Sensitivity to 4 (fill left to right) the hiccup disappears completely, but turning is tricky. That was the best config that work on 3rd person.

You used the same sens on hip and ads on xim with that?

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 02:01 PM - 11/28/18 »
Yep same sensitivity. If you go too low on HIP subconfig (with ADS translator) the hiccup/slowdown start to came up and turning is terrible.

I really hope that XIM Team came with a solution for this... I know is only one game... best game on this generation maybe and with a huge lifespan...

I mean, Overwatch and Fortnite also have that treatment, or should we start b1tching about it? hehe.

Thanks to the Overwatch tantrum, we got the generic ST, SA and boost.

Thanks to Epic blocking input devices, we got a better AA modifier: SAB

A Hip delay? pretty please? with sugar on top

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 02:18 PM - 11/28/18 »
I completely agree.. Please OBsIV look into this.  :'(
Been waiting so many years for Red Dead Redemption 2 and now it's here i can't play it properly using my xim.

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 04:08 PM - 11/28/18 »
Gives me an error when pasting the Nav Config.

Latest firmware
| Apex ~ Zowie FK2 ~ Azeron Compact ~ G440 ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 04:10 PM - 11/28/18 »
Totally agree, this is a game that will be played for a long time and if the team could find a way to overcome this it would be appreciated.
At the moment it's like being stuck in mud when switching from ads to hip, the game plays ok with xim apart from the delay when holstering your weapon .... help, pretty pretty please :)
« Last Edit: 04:17 PM - 11/28/18 by Au1d Yin »

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04:36 PM - 11/28/18 »
OK, I wrote a script and make it work. So yeah... HIP Delay option solves it.

Titan Two is required.

Please OBsIV, take it in consideration.

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 04:40 PM - 11/28/18 »
Very nice. How exactly does the script delay the Hip config from immediatly activating?

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 04:48 PM - 11/28/18 »
Alan is there anyway that ObsIV could recreate what you just did ? nice work btw.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 04:50 PM - 11/28/18 »
Very nice. How exactly does the script delay the Hip config from immediatly activating?
On ADS sub-config: R is the activation key. Toggle is checked.
Right Mouse Button as my zoom bind (Actions - HIP).

When I held down right mouse button:
Script detect this event and press the R key immediately to enter ADS sub-config on XIM Manager.
In-game: I go to the aiming down sight mode.

When I release the right mouse button: in-game: I go back to HIP/Look.
Script detects this event and waits 1000 ms (lowering gun animation, keeping a consistent look mechanic), After this delay, script press the R key, in order to change XIM Manager back to HIP sub-config, using the HIP smart translator for the right current aim/look.

In short: the script changes the smart translator at the right moment.

You can see on my phone's HUD how R key is pressed after a second that the right mouse was release.

Alan is there anyway that ObsIV could recreate what you just did ? nice work btw.
Thanks!

I think they can, and do it even better. What I'm doing using T2 is trying to mimic what XIM Manager does for any extra sub-configs: activation delay, but for HIP.
« Last Edit: 07:02 PM - 11/28/18 by alanmcgregor »

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 05:07 PM - 11/28/18 »
@#$% that does look solid. Good Job.
Hopefully OBsIV will take care of this soon it could be so much simpler if we were able to just set a deactivation delay for ADS or activation delay for hip to match the gun animation.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 05:18 PM - 11/28/18 »
Thanks  :)

Up to you guys to make the request.

I jump into a online team death match... boy oh, boy BIG difference. HUGE.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 07:03 PM - 11/28/18 »
Anybody know of a way to equip both ST? I prefer first person for run and gun but third person is undeniably better when fighting on horseback. Is this possible?

The only way to do this is either with a script or a macro, assuming you want to do it with just one button press and the game allows you to switch views on the fly.

I don't have the game but off the top of my head you can try this.

1st Profile (HIP) - ADS ST (sensitivity set to your preferred ADS speed "Same as 3rd Profile")
2nd Profile (ADS) - HIP ST, 1000ms Delay, Toggle [ON] (You'll have to activate with a button press when starting the game) Sensitivity set to your preferred Hip turn speed.
3rd Profile (Aux) - ADS ST, Should be used as your Primary ADS profile. So assign your normal ADS activation key to this profile. And set your speed the same as the 1st Profile.

So in theory. When you start the game you'll have to activate your Hip profile which is set to toggle. This will keep you in Hip until you ADS. When you ADS you will activate the 3rd Aux profile taking you into ADS. When you release the ADS button you will default back to profile One which is also set to your ADS speed with your ADS ST. This should keep your speed the same until you reactivate your Hip profile. Now press your Hip activation key which will delay 1000ms (or whatever you need, set this delay to your preference) before activating and holding you in the Aux. Hip profile because it's set to toggle.

:o :o :o :o

Sounds like a helluva learning curve assuming it works, which it should  8)

Cheers!
« Last Edit: 07:09 PM - 11/28/18 by RML »
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 07:12 PM - 11/28/18 »
That's awesome RML !

I tried to do with only two ST.

Going to check that out, makes sense :D

-I still want HIP Delay though-