XIM Community

Read Dead Redemption 2 - CONFIG and TIPS  (Read 16443 times)

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
Read Dead Redemption 2 - CONFIG and TIPS
« on: 10:03 PM - 10/30/18 »

Hello guys  ;D.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is finally here, and the Smart Translator has been released :)

Many of you, ask me to share a config for this game, if I came up with something like on Fortnite. Appreciate your trust, here I going to publish some tips/suggestions to help you to configure your game.

I invite everybody to share your findings.

Let's start.  ;)

Game Settings/Controls
Third Person Controls: Standard
Look Sensitivity: 100%
Aim Sensitivity: 100%
Aim/Look Acceleration: 100%
Aim/Look Deadzone: 0%

First Person Controls: Standard
Look Sensitivity: 100%
Aim Sensitivity: 100%
Aim/Look Acceleration: 100%
Aim/Look Deadzone: 0%

XIM Sensitivity / DPI / Response Rate
Finding the right sensitivity, dpi and response is entire subject. Check Od1n videos on this matter.

Personally,  I use:

Mouse: 4000 dpi/cpi | 1000Hz polling rate | Cloth mouse pad
XIM APEX: HIP & ADS: 18.00 | 1000Hz response rate | Sync: Default

Synchronize
The game runs at 30 fps or lower in Story/campaign mode

Standard XB1 and PS4/Slim: Below 30 fps, from 28 down to 22.
PS4 Pro: mostly 30 fps
XB1 X: solid 30 fps
(Source: Digital Foundry).

Recommended Synchronize For XIM APEX:
  • Sync Common is not recommended.
  • Sync Slow is suitable for a powerful console XB1X and PS4 Pro
  • Sync Default is the safest choice for all around, specially regular XB1 and PS4/Slim.

Configs
These configs are mainly focus to improve the Dial Weapon/Item Selection, without swiping the mouse.
The rest of the binds can be customized as your preference.

Both Configs requires the latest XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20181204] [Manager 20181204] to work
This Firmware and Manager introduce the ADS Deactivation Delay that solves an issue when the aim/look slows down after exit ADS to HIP.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - KEYBOARD Config, by AlanMcGregor - [XIM APEX]
Code: [Select]
>>> XIM APEX [Red Dead Redemption 2] START COPY >>>
X5C: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:X5C
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<
Features:
  • Navigate the Weapon/Items dial with WASD while holding down the key binded to the L1|LB button.
  • Activates Dead eye with a single key: E

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Nav Config, by AlanMcGregor - [XIM APEX]
Code: [Select]
>>> XIM APEX [Red Dead Redemption 2 - Nav] START COPY >>>
X5C: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:X5C
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<
Features:
  • Navigate the select Weapons/Items dial with the analog stick while holding L1 button.

Both configs are using a basic 5 button mouse.

HELPFUL TIPS:
  • In-game setting: Lock-On Mode [On-Foot]: Free-Aim. For full mouse control
  • In-game setting: Aim Assist Strength [On-Foot]: 0. No aim assist slowdown
  • Create a Secondary Bind for ADS. Interactions with your horse, No-Playable-Characters and other things requires to use L2|LT, using your right mouse (which brings the ADS sub-config) without a weapon up, will mess your look mechanic making it suddenly faster, this is due the ADS ST kicks in. If you use a secondary ADS bind, for interactions you will be OK. Binoculars also are more suitable to use with this secondary bind
  • For G502, G900, G903: Create a Secondary Bind for Sprint [Cross|A] and assign the Wheel Mouse UP or Down. Unlock your mouse wheel for the infinity scroll, and roll it instead of smashing the [Cross|A] button. Is great for horse riding, and races

Recommended Devices
Sony Nav, Nintendo JoyCon, Logitech G13

Analog Stick is highly recommended for this game, overall improves:
  • Movement
  • Horse Riding/Vehicles
  • Easier Dial Selection

Know Issues
Exit ADS Slowdown. After exit ADS, its look mechanic remains active until the gun is lowered, you will feel a delay where the mouse feels unresponsive.
^ This issue has been solve on the latest XIM BETA Firmware 20181204 which introduce ADS Deactivation Delay, set this value at 1000ms (time duration for the lower gun animation happens).
« Last Edit: 01:48 PM - 12/17/18 by alanmcgregor »

Offline Redrabbit5

• View Profile
Re: Read Dead Redemption - Config
« Reply #1 on: 12:37 AM - 10/31/18 »
I think wheel weapon is not bad , I will use your sub config just with higher sense for make it easier , and maybe I add another sub config on right D pad , I don t like select food and things with d pad .
« Last Edit: 03:58 AM - 10/31/18 by Redrabbit5 »
PS4 PRO | BenQ EL2870U | XIM Apex | Titan T2 | Azeron Compact | Glorious Model O | Scythe USB Pedal | Astro A50 |

Offline honeymonth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:56 AM - 10/31/18 »
Hey, thanks for making this thread! I'll give your config a shot later.

I usually play Fortnite using a PDP one-handed joystick I decided to use my keyboard for Red Dead because Arthur moves like a drunken gorilla and I just don't need the same precision with my left stick movement. I'm enjoying the game more using a keyboard because of how many @#$% controls there are!  Thankfully, the radial menus are really easily navigated with slight mouse movements so I'm not using that Wheel subconfig, however, I am super thankful to know about that trick because it will help me out with some other titles, such as Far Cry 5. Thanks!

Happy Halloween!

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 04:57 AM - 10/31/18 »
Thanks alan. The weapon wheel was a PITA in RDR, as was horse-riding using WASD. Anything is an improvement over the default controls.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline GrantVXR

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:16 AM - 10/31/18 »
Will try this tonight. Do you turn aim assist off in settings? The aim assist is ridiculous in this game!

Offline Redrabbit5

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:22 AM - 10/31/18 »
Will try this tonight. Do you turn aim assist off in settings? The aim assist is ridiculous in this game!

You mean in game accelerations are ridicolous .

Try to hunt animals on horse with same settings for tracking peoples without aa . . .
PS4 PRO | BenQ EL2870U | XIM Apex | Titan T2 | Azeron Compact | Glorious Model O | Scythe USB Pedal | Astro A50 |

Offline alucard_24

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Alucard--28
« Reply #6 on: 09:35 AM - 10/31/18 »
Hi all,

What is the recommended Mouse DPI settings for this configuration?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I forgot to mention that I have a Razer Taipan Mouse (8200 DPI Maximum)

Offline ORI0749

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:01 AM - 10/31/18 »
I'm not an expert but i play is with those settings. and it feels great.

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=71671.0

Offline alucard_24

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:16 AM - 10/31/18 »

Thank you very much I will try that :)
Just one question:
What about the value of DPI on Logitech G502 3rd default preset profile?

Offline ORI0749

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11:31 AM - 10/31/18 »

Just one question:
(if i understood you, right). Like i said on the post there's no need to change anything. use the profile as it is.
If you have already changed something, you have the option to reset the changes to the default

Offline alucard_24

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11:51 AM - 10/31/18 »

Just one question:
(if i understood you, right). Like i said on the post there's no need to change anything. use the profile as it is.
If you have already changed something, you have the option to reset the changes to the default

We have different mouse, the default value for me is 800 DPI and I think isn't enough to work with XIM Apex.

Offline ORI0749

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12:01 PM - 10/31/18 »
i checked now and remembered that i changed the 3rd profile in the past.

see that Pic, on how it is set for me:
https://image.ibb.co/nyrGJL/11.png
« Last Edit: 12:06 PM - 10/31/18 by ORI0749 »

Offline pro24

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12:06 PM - 10/31/18 »

The Xim developers recommend using max in game sensitivity and acceleration. I totally agree with them on this. Any setting for acceleration that is not maximum results in acceleration happening in the middle of your mouse look. Only maxed is it instant and therefore controllable as an overall part of sensitivity. It's the most important setting in game. Your deadzone should be 0 or a click, maybe two. That's it. It's way to high in the middle.

Last you need to max sensitivity for the sole reason that it keeps sensitivity numbers on the xim lower which also let's you use lower dpi which is the absolute best trick of them all.

The person saying they have 800 dpi, well that is the sweetspot. I'm using 800 dpi, 180 hip 1.10 x/y, 90 ads 1.10 x/y and I am headshot accurate using ADS.

Oh and nice guide. Very professional and thanks for the scripts!

Offline ORI0749

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12:10 PM - 10/31/18 »

The Xim developers recommend using max in game sensitivity and acceleration. I totally agree with them on this. Any setting for acceleration that is not maximum results in acceleration happening in the middle of your mouse look. Only maxed is it instant and therefore controllable as an overall part of sensitivity. It's the most important setting in game. Your deadzone should be 0 or a click, maybe two. That's it. It's way to high in the middle.

Last you need to max sensitivity for the sole reason that it keeps sensitivity numbers on the xim lower which also let's you use lower dpi which is the absolute best trick of them all.

The person saying they have 800 dpi, well that is the sweetspot. I'm using 800 dpi, 180 hip 1.10 x/y, 90 ads 1.10 x/y and I am headshot accurate using ADS.

Oh and nice guide. Very professional and thanks for the scripts!

Ok thank you very much. i will try it if it better than what i got

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12:23 PM - 10/31/18 »
Deadzone should be zero. Using a higher in-game deadzone setting will add deadzone while moving the mouse. The result of this is initial mouse movement is ignored by the game.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos