XIM Community

keyboard with blue yet  (Read 452 times)

Offline Swatch

• View Profile
keyboard with blue yet
« on: 01:12 PM - 10/26/18 »
Im using a blue yeti with a corsair k70, and the keyboard is very loud with this mic. Any way to fix the mic or the keyboard so there is no sound my friends can here? On pc I can use a minimum volume to talk and it doesnt pick up my keyboard, but I cant do that on ps4.

Offline Kuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Zergsy (Smurf Account)
Re: keyboard with blue yet
« Reply #1 on: 06:39 PM - 10/26/18 »
Have you tried O rings? They might dampen the clicky feel of your keys but the keyboard will be a lot more quiet.

Alternatively, doesnít the Blue Yeti have directional sound control? You could mess with that a little bit but I donít know if it will help.

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #2 on: 07:58 PM - 10/26/18 »
Make sure your Yeti is on the cardioid pattern and that you're actually pointing it at yourself correctly - many people do the wrong thing with the Yeti. You should be talking into the side of it, not the top of it.

Then, make sure your keyboard is well behind the Yeti. Ideally you'd have the Yeti on some kind of stand or boom. Then adjust the gain so that you pick up your voice well but not so much the keyboard. You can also use a digital noise gate.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline boshboston

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:40 AM - 10/27/18 »
many people do the wrong thing with the Yeti. You should be talking into the side of it, not the top of it. might dampen the clicky feel of your keys but the keyboard will be a lot quieter. you can contact https://microsoftsupport.co/blog/windows-10-error-code-0xc00000f/ for the better solution.