XIM Community

pluged in new controller and now ps4 wont respond  (Read 156 times)

Offline #47

• View Profile
So Just like title says I just recently swapped out my controller and plugged in my new controller into the xim4 and when i turned on my ps4 to my surprise it didnt respond. i tried resetting the ps4 a few times still nothing i then factory reset the xim and still nothing . what i dont understand is on the manager app on my phone it is showing  everything is connected and when i press buttons it shows that it is aware that the buttons are pressed but still nothing .

I am at a bit of a loss so if any one has any ideas that would be great . I should mention i have had the xim4 since launch and have pretty much had the same controller pluged into it since then but i dont think changing a controller should be enough to cause these kinds of issues .

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: pluged in new controller and now ps4 wont respond
« Reply #1 on: 09:16 AM - 10/26/18 »
The latest firmware is needed for the latest controller support. This is a manual update that requires a PC or Mac. You can find the latest XIM4 firmware below. Please read the instructions on the download page. Also, note the communication method change requirement in console settings.

http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49093.0

Settings > Devices > Controllers > Communication Method

Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos