XIM Community

Monitor vs TV  (Read 815 times)

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: GamingNerd-MnK
Re: Monitor vs TV
« Reply #15 on: 10:49 PM - 11/24/18 »
After trying to test gameplay on my 4K TV by turning off Game Mode finding the game literally unplayable. Im now considering buying a Gaming Monitor. Im expecting a drastic difference in responsiveness in controls as being as great as tested vs playing w/o Game Mode:ON

Am I expecting too much or am being realistic? I'll be going from a 20~25ms display lag to 1~5ms if I buy an actual Monitor.
I know that this topic is pretty old but if you still watch this post let me give you my experience. I bought a benq 144hz 1ms response time monitor and let me tell you!!!! It was the BEST THING I COULD HAVE EVER DONE! Don't listen to anyone that tells you otherwise. I literally see people before they see me if they're not using a gaming monitor. I've had people on BO4 come around the corner and when I wipe them out they don't even get a shot on me because on their screen they haven't even come around the corner. If I were you I'd buy one with a 1ms response time. You want to get as close to that 1ms of response time as possible with console. Most of the people you play are using it so why shouldn't you?
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]