XIM Community

[ACTIVE] slow moves when downsight  (Read 83 times)

Offline One-Eyed-Jack

• View Profile
[ACTIVE] slow moves when downsight
« on: 04:13 AM - 10/24/18 »
Hi Team and Forum,

i have this problems and it is basically a pain cause it happens randomly.
Sometimes while im playing (i still have xim4 and i play destiny 2) mouse works perfectly, sometimes randomly, when downsight the mouse movements r really slow, like i cant turn or change target fast and i talk about targets not even super far from each others. it is like if the movements feels super heavy and slow, and only when in downsight, and problem is it happens absolutely random, 1 week it works perfectly then the problem occurs for hours then it is perfect again maybe the day after its bad again. i tried using mouse on other platforms and it works great, i tried changing mouse, im feeding the @#$% razer and logitech buying their mouse :( but i dont think it can be a mouse problems at all at this point .... any of u experienced this ? any solution ?

if u need to know i play on playstation 4, xim4 , mouse is a logitech 502 but i had the same problems on tons of razer mouse

please help ?
« Last Edit: 08:53 AM - 10/24/18 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: slow moves when downsight
« Reply #1 on: 08:51 AM - 10/24/18 »
Are you accidentally pressing the DPI down button or pressing the G502 profile button below the mousewheel? Both of these can cause a slowdown.

It could be due to game mechanics as well. What is your character state when this happens, sprinting, in a special transition, or using a vehicle? These situations could explain a slow down.

Another area to check is if you're using toggle ADS. If so you may be causing the game to become out of sync with your Hip/ADS page. The next time this happens open Manager and look on the main (HUD) screen. Below the game picture should read 'Hip' when not aiming down sight. If it doesn't show Hip please share what is there.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline One-Eyed-Jack

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] slow moves when downsight
« Reply #2 on: 04:00 AM - 10/25/18 »
hmmm no i dont think to press anything accidentally, i thought about that too so i just made all the mouse profiles the same, do u mean it could be a slowdown related to the "switch" mechanic, or maybe cause i switch in a profile with a different DPI ?

it is not related to game mechanic for sure cause i tried in the same conditions as it was shooting perfectly

about the toggle, yes i use the toggle ADS and i ll check when it happens next time

Now ... i know this can sound hilarious or weird but, what if i tell u when this happens and i get crazy and angry i slap the mouse (on the bottom side) really hard and magically it works perfectly again ? sometimes it helps sometimes dont. please dont joke on this im serious and it happened just last day

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:05 AM - 10/25/18 »
Toggle ADS could cause this by making XIM become out of sync with the game. For example if you're aiming down sight while toggled and die or your character state is changed another way you will still be aiming down sight when you respawn from the hip or in that other characters state. You could switch to hold to aim or you could use deactivation keys to avoid this.

If you would like to use toggle ADS you should first verify the in-game settings are set to HOLD to aim and not toggle to aim. Also verify the game is using the default in-game button layout. Next, open your config and swipe to the ADS aim section of your config. Under activation check the toggle checkbox then expand this menu and set deactivation keys. These keys will return you to the Hip setting when pressed and help keep XIM in sync with the game. Common deactivation keys are change weapons, melee, sprint, throw grenade. Use what you feel would help you most.

Offline One-Eyed-Jack

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:03 PM - 11/08/18 »
still having this problem
toggle is not even activated in the aim down sight menu
and checking while having this issue on the hub says hip when no aiming down sight so i really dont know what to do anymore

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:28 PM - 11/08/18 »
Some weapon types use a slower look mechanic. I don't play destiny 2 but for example in destiny 1 when going on the strike? that requires you to pick up a sword the look mechanic changes making mouse movement slower than it is without the sword. It could be a game mechanic like this. Please check if the issue is occurring in another game.

Offline One-Eyed-Jack

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05:25 AM - 11/09/18 »
not weapon or game mechanic unfortunately, it happens with every kind of weapon, primary or special os heavy ... hand cannons pulse rifles ... everything
same problems happens randomly on overwatch too, which r the only 2 games i play using xim.
Still, if i move the mouse not downsight, the moves r perfect and fast as always, but when the problem is there, i cant really use the mouse the moves r soooooo slow which it makes impossible even to shot target this distant from each others :
X--------------X moving the mouse from first X to the second X would need tons of seconds and wrists moves feeling like to move a truck ... im getting crazy cause xim is great when it works but lately im asking ... WILL it works ?
need help
:(

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:46 AM - 11/09/18 »
Could you please share your config code? To do this first open your config, go to the identity section of the config and expand this section, click copy and then paste the code into your message here.