XIM Community

Fortnite banning people.  (Read 4033 times)

Offline Nicknac93

• View Profile
Fortnite banning people.
« on: 10:28 PM - 10/22/18 »
My friend has told me that he has heard of people he knows being banned on fortnite for using the Apex. I feel like he's just listening to nonsense but has anyone heard of this happening at all? 

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Fortnite banning people.
« Reply #1 on: 11:20 PM - 10/22/18 »
Fortnite was detecting digital input that you'd see associated with a keyboard, then booting the user from a console controller lobby after 3 minutes or so.

The purpose was not to ban Xim, but to remove native Fortnite m/kb users from console lobbies - they'd connect to the lobby using a controller, then swap to m/kb on the Battle Bus to gain an advantage over controller users.

Unfortunately, Xim as well as all other m/kb adapters, along with assistive technology devices for disabled users were affected. Xim had a solution within 24 hours, Xim itself was never detected, blocked or banned.

Epic ultimately patched the input detection back out of the game, likely because Sony had a problem with the officially licenced Hori Tac Pro m/kb adapter being kicked from PS4 lobbies. Game developers aren't permitted to block licenced input devices as part of their publishing terms & conditions.

Long story short - Xim has never been banned for any reason from any game.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Nicknac93

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:26 PM - 10/22/18 »
Awesome thank you !  Just wanted the peace of mind. I was pretty sure what he was saying was misinformed! Appreciate the reply!

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 11:33 PM - 10/22/18 »
There's a lot of misinformation out there.

Xim usage is a fraction of 1% of any game played on planet Earth. However, every time some leetsauce gamer loses an engagement, they automatically assume the guy on the other end is cheating on a Xim.

The reality is they should be trying to improve their own gameplay rather making it someone else's fault. Xim is unfairly tarnished as a scapegoat when the chances of coming up against a Xim user are close to 1 in 1000+.

I guess the upside here is there's a strong association between good gamers and Xim  ;)

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Nicknac93

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:40 PM - 10/22/18 »
Anyone who tries to tell me it's cheating, I implore them to try it and once they do, they are quickly humbled when they realize it is not easy. I've had multiple friends realize they wouldn't be able to translate their skills.  I'd play on PC if every friend I had wasn't on Xbox. I just would rather play with friends and not alone lol.
I do think it's pretty funny how any time someone plays bad they are so quick to say oh he must be on M/k. I just laugh.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #5 on: 02:19 AM - 10/23/18 »
I got gifted my first XIM by my mate who had bought one, but after a couple of months found that he was much better with a controller!

XIM doesn't make you a better player, it just allows you to control the reticle the way that you want to. I had the same KD in CoD AW on PS4 with the XIM4 as I did on PC with native KB&M. People who say it's cheating are uninformed and haven't experienced its limitations. Most of the players who learned to game using a controller will probably play better with one (I learned to play with a mouse, over 30 years ago).

And despite trawling the internet for the last few years, I have never found a report of anybody getting banned for using a XIM device.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro with 1TB Crucial MX500, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Core i5 4690k, Corsair H100i, RTX 2070, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2x500GB Samsung Evo SSDs, 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, 1TB WD HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:14 AM - 10/23/18 »
I got gifted my first XIM by my mate who had bought one, but after a couple of months found that he was much better with a controller!

XIM doesn't make you a better player, it just allows you to control the reticle the way that you want to. I had the same KD in CoD AW on PS4 with the XIM4 as I did on PC with native KB&M. People who say it's cheating are uninformed and haven't experienced its limitations. Most of the players who learned to game using a controller will probably play better with one (I learned to play with a mouse, over 30 years ago).

Thank you so much, thereís not enough times I can say this, everyone says ď you use mouse because you wanna look/seem good ď and itís not the truth.

Using xim has added so much more fun to my gaming experience, all the customisation, helping people, learning new things and the reason Iím using Xim, COMFORT.

Iíve said it before, but Iíve played claw since I started playing ( back when I had small hands ) my fingers would lock up and start aching, I just blocked it out because I didnít really care but when I moved from PS3 to PS4, it because unbearable. It was to the point where I was debating whether or not I wanted to keep playing games AND I WAS LIKE 12 YEARS OLD!!!

Imagine a 12 year old debating putting his health over games, amazing right? lol

I didnít even up stopping and kept using controller, the pain kinda lessened and I guess I was just blocking out the pain. No... it came back so much worse.

That was around the time I started researching ď Mouse on console ď because even back the and before that, people would say I would Keyboard and I didnít even know it was possible.

Ended up getting Xim and things have completely changed, the pain still isnít 100% gone but itís most definitely bareable now.

I was always good at games, always miles above my friends when it came to gunskill in shooters, decision making and adapting to the changes of a new shooter. Thatís why I usually have a max stress week when I get a new cod and then once I get my first good game, itís like a flip switches and Iím back to playing like Iíve been playing do years.

Not everyone is going to be good with mouse, you may be good with mouse but you might not be good at the game youíre playing, same way some people are ridiculously good with controller and you can tell itís because theyíre good at the game theyíre playing.

There are just small details in gameplay which separate the bad from the good from the great from the insane and godly players. Itís not something that can really be taught, you just adapt I guess and certain situations ( in game ) will bring you to the next level.
| Apex ~ Glorious Model O- ~ Azeron Compact ~ X-Raypad THOR ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #7 on: 04:02 AM - 10/23/18 »

Thank you so much, thereís not enough times I can say this, everyone says ď you use mouse because you wanna look/seem good ď and itís not the truth.

Using xim has added so much more fun to my gaming experience, all the customisation, helping people, learning new things and the reason Iím using Xim, COMFORT.

Iíve said it before, but Iíve played claw since I started playing ( back when I had small hands ) my fingers would lock up and start aching, I just blocked it out because I didnít really care but when I moved from PS3 to PS4, it because unbearable. It was to the point where I was debating whether or not I wanted to keep playing games AND I WAS LIKE 12 YEARS OLD!!!

Imagine a 12 year old debating putting his health over games, amazing right? lol

I didnít even up stopping and kept using controller, the pain kinda lessened and I guess I was just blocking out the pain. No... it came back so much worse.

That was around the time I started researching ď Mouse on console ď because even back the and before that, people would say I would Keyboard and I didnít even know it was possible.

Ended up getting Xim and things have completely changed, the pain still isnít 100% gone but itís most definitely bareable now.

I was always good at games, always miles above my friends when it came to gunskill in shooters, decision making and adapting to the changes of a new shooter. Thatís why I usually have a max stress week when I get a new cod and then once I get my first good game, itís like a flip switches and Iím back to playing like Iíve been playing do years.

Not everyone is going to be good with mouse, you may be good with mouse but you might not be good at the game youíre playing, same way some people are ridiculously good with controller and you can tell itís because theyíre good at the game theyíre playing.

There are just small details in gameplay which separate the bad from the good from the great from the insane and godly players. Itís not something that can really be taught, you just adapt I guess and certain situations ( in game ) will bring you to the next level.
Exactly.

You're good at FPSs, because you're good at FPSs (I watched the vid that you posted this morning): awareness, positioning, reaction time and aim.

Your controller was holding you back when you were younger. Proof?: I'll bet that you're as good on PC as you are on console, but I expect that you have a higher KD on console, just because you're up against more casual players, rather than because you use an Apex.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro with 1TB Crucial MX500, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Core i5 4690k, Corsair H100i, RTX 2070, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2x500GB Samsung Evo SSDs, 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, 1TB WD HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline KonL

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: KonLegend
« Reply #8 on: 06:10 AM - 10/23/18 »
I played with a controller for 15 years, got a Xim back in March and haven't looked back. Because it's easier? No its way more difficult, but you can actually do what you want to do, and customize to your play style. I love to play Fortnite but if they would have found a way to ban Xim, I would drop fortnite.

Offline TehSubXero

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06:16 AM - 10/23/18 »
I too had pain from playing on an xbox controller in the proximal joint in both thumbs.  It was no mystery what caused this pain.  I've often been asked why I don't just play on PC.  I have, and still do sometimes but I literally cannot play a match without encountering hackers.  Like real ones that fly cars through buildings and shoot bullets into the air that rain on people miles away. 

I played on a rust server that stayed populated with 150 players.  The devs introduced a patch that detected no recoil macros and for the rest of the whipe the server maxed out at like 40 players 🤔.  I switched servers and was blatently aimbotted for 2 days, looked through their friends list and compiled a list of all of their previous vac'd accounts, and sent it to the admins of the largest server group on the game (rustafied).  Not only did they NOT ban the hackers, but they banned ME for doxxing.

It's so bad, most battlefield servers enforce kd and spm limits.  Usually something like 1200 spm or 4kd which are well beneath whats humanly possible.  I showed admins that i had higher stats than their filter on xbox360 on battlelog, and they banned me from the rest of their servers for obviously hacking on xbox too. and now this fortnite @#$%... I don't even know what's real anymore.  I am so numb.

Offline ThedirtyRabbit

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07:35 AM - 10/23/18 »
I switched to Xim and play Pubg and Destiny 2 for two reasons on Xbox.

1. When using the right trigger to fire, I briefly lift my thumb off the right analog stick and for that moment I'm aiming by strafing. I don't know if it's because I have small hands or something but I'm sure that's not how you're suppose to aim.

2. For some reason I play with inverted camera controls when using a controller. When I use a mouse I play normal. I don't know why I switch between the two.

Offline full58

• The opposite of empty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12:11 AM - 10/25/18 »
My friend has told me that he has heard of people he knows being banned on fortnite for using the Apex. I feel like he's just listening to nonsense but has anyone heard of this happening at all?

you heard wrong.  no one has ever been banned for xim use. 

Admin