XIM Community

Suggestion for Razer hardwares connected to Apex  (Read 996 times)

Offline MisterBOND

• View Profile
Suggestion for Razer hardwares connected to Apex
« on: 02:54 AM - 10/22/18 »
Hi,
 I think I speak for everyone that are using a Razer Chroma hardware. A lot of Razer devices uses chroma which allows you to change the led lights on the devices. Some of their devices has built in memory. Which allows you to connect the device to the computer, save the desired color setting and then plug it in to your apex device and have a setting you prefer instead of the standard one. Some devices however does not have built in memory, then you'll need to connect the device to the computer and run a certain application to run with the desired setting. Would've been awesome to be able to configure your razer color settings from the Apex app in the phone and have the settings you like :-)

/BOND

Offline Biff Blackstar

• View Profile
Re: Suggestion for Razer hardwares connected to Apex
« Reply #1 on: 03:01 AM - 10/22/18 »
This would be really nice!!!  ;D

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #2 on: 04:44 AM - 10/22/18 »
Razer devices require the Synapse app for configuration. That has nothing to do with a Xim, nor could Xim do it if they wanted to.

If you want Synapse to function via a Xim, buy a Belkin Easy Transfer Cable and use the Xim Link PC app. Refer to the Xim Link subforum for more info.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #3 on: 10:36 AM - 10/23/18 »
Yeah, it's not feasible (and possibly not possible) for XIM to play the role of synapse. Even if it is possible, the effort to develop and maintain such functionality in the XIM firmware and XIM manager basically makes it out of the question.

As antithesis mentioned, your best bet is to play with XIM Link so that you can be connected to a PC and run Synapse. Your alternative is to go buy a keyboard with onboard memory.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline Ripkon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:36 AM - 11/17/18 »
Could a USB splitter be used to connect the keyboard to the Apex and PC and use the software.

XBOX ONE X  | Playstation 4 Pro | Switch | PC i5-4690k GTX 970

Mouse: FinalMouse Air 58 | DPI: 3200 | Hz: 500 | Mousepad: Reflex Lab | KB: GK61 60% RGB w/ Zeal 62g | Monitor: ASUS VP28UQG 28" 4K 1ms | Headphones: Logitech Pro

Offline G502Killer

• MVP
  • Please Delete My Account
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Delete
« Reply #5 on: 12:19 PM - 11/17/18 »
Could a USB splitter be used to connect the keyboard to the Apex and PC and use the software.
No, you need xim link
Please Delete My Account