XIM Community

XIM4 BETA [Firmware 20181019] (**LATEST**)  (Read 6046 times)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIM4 BETA [Firmware 20181019] (**LATEST**)
« Reply #30 on: 11:31 PM - 11/14/18 »
Is anyone else getting the keyboard and mouse symbol plus INPUT flashbrandomly during fortnite games?
Set Simulate Analog to 100 and see if it disappears.

It looks like Epic hasn't given up on filtering digital input detection, they'll likely use it to migrate m/kb users into appropriate lobbies at some point in time. With Sim Analog at 100, we get the same settings that worked to get into controller lobbies when Fortnite was kicking kb input.

Note that it is NOT Xim detection, but WASD detection. Sim Analog was created to bypass the Fortnite issue.

Offline Big416stud

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 12:16 AM - 11/15/18 »
Analog settings as in the in game fortnite x and y controller sensitivity should be set to maxed? I have it at 95

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 07:51 AM - 11/15/18 »
Analog settings as in the in game fortnite x and y controller sensitivity should be set to maxed? I have it at 95

yes set those to 100
your xim config is only optimized for one specific ingame setting, if you use anything else then this will most likely introduce mouse acceleration and other (unwanted) mouse behaviour
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline Big416stud

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 11:43 AM - 11/15/18 »
Ok update for ya Obsiv. I turned all the x and y in game to max 100. But the symbol still appears . I know for a fact now that it is detecting it when I use my keyboard buttons to rearrange my inventory. It wont happen everytime but when it does that's when it happens.

I am experimenting and attempting to minimize all usage of  keys on the keyboard itself to mask it. But I am still stuck with the space bar to jump. I will continue trying different things out and let you know if the symbols disappear.

Maybe add a tweak into a new firmware flash that can involve some of the other keys on the physical keyboard as well not just the movement WASD keys?
I hope we can stay ahead of the curve as they recently hired a serious anti cheating team and it looks like they are pretty serious kids. But I have faith in you XIM team.

Side note .
Is anyone else experiencing this problem ? Please chime in, dont just ignore  the symbols until we all get banned in the near future permanently and then it will be all over....
I feel everyone is just happy to be on but we wanna STAY ON.

Cheers.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #34 on: 01:21 PM - 11/15/18 »
If it's based on inventory is it because you are using the stick for that? If so, it may be detecting the speed you are navigating it. Did you say that you tried keys mapped to the DPad?

Also, this is the Beta section for XIM4 -- is this on a XIM4 or APEX?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Big416stud

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 05:00 PM - 11/15/18 »
To clarify I am using xim4 with newest firmware installed. I'm talking strictly on physical keyboard here nothing to do with the console controller itself.

The game is detecting keyboard when I press a key on the keyboard specifically the inventory button which I use the one above the tab. I have tried to switch my keys to different areas on the keyboard. But I am still getting it. It still flashes a symbol with a mouse keyboard and the word input next to it. It doesnt affect game play but it is definitely worrying.

I cant remap everything off the keyboard cause the mouse will only allow a certain number. Crouch Use Space bar WASD all seem to work fine but the inventory is when I believe it's happening. I will come back in a week to confirm my findings. I hope others can try too I'm sure other ppl are seeing this problem.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #36 on: 05:17 PM - 11/15/18 »
The suggestion that people have mentioned is to access your inventory using mapped DPad buttons instead.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Big416stud

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 05:32 PM - 11/15/18 »
So you're suggesting hold the controller nearby plus keyboard plus mouse. For Fortnite? Super fast paced game where every second counts?

How can I be alone on this issue here?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 05:49 PM - 11/15/18 »
So you're suggesting hold the controller nearby plus keyboard plus mouse. For Fortnite? Super fast paced game where every second counts?

How can I be alone on this issue here?

you can bind the dpad in your xim config and use them that way, for example setup a sub config for the inventory that switches your WASD keybinds to dpad keybinds while you are in that menu

though we would appreciate it if you could share more infos about the inventory issue, how fast are you moving your inventory items and does it happen when you do it slowly?
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline Big416stud

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 06:05 PM - 11/15/18 »
I'm sorry you totally lost me at sub config.

I only know how to change the settings in the xim app
There is a secondary and primary in the keyboard settings.

I'm not 100 percent the problems lies in just the inventory  button as I tried other buttons still happens. Please explain in layman terms plz what to try next.

I have video and screen shot of it happening. I'm gonna play out tonight see if it happens in other areas of the game.

Still eager try out what you're suggesting.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 06:21 PM - 11/15/18 »
if you still have a free dpad button layout in your secondary bindings then yes use that to bind the dpad to other keys that are more accessible

what i meant is to swipe one more time to the right when being in the ads config to access a new sub config
there you can set the activation key to the inventory key and assign all keys with which you can exit the inventory in the deactivation keys
after that untick inherit button bindings and change the dpad bindings to WASD

Offline Big416stud

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 09:12 PM - 11/15/18 »
Hello

I have tried all your suggestions Odin. Deactivation ,activation ,max out in game settings,remapping inventory to many different keys and buttons on mouse as well, to no avail. One thing that DID WORK with no detection was if I DIDNT go into inventory mode at all and just used my weapons in the order I picked them up it worked.But as soon as I get into inventory mode and switch my stuff around with WASD keys I get the mouse and keyboard INPUT symbol on screen.

I have been playing for 8 hours now today.i can 100 % confirm the detection is happening when you go into inventory mode. And use the wasd keys. I believe this is being done  because after the new firmware patch obsiv and team masked the wasd movement keys by adding micro movements .

Now they are detecting the movement keys in inventory mode by doing the exact opposite as last time. They are detecting micro movements in inventory mode and the INPUT message appears on screen.

I know this may be all hypothetical and I'm no expert developer or anything. But may I suggest you guys find a fix for the iINVENTORY Mode WASD movements to be linear as retail version but back to new patch 2019 micro movements when you get out of inventory mode??

I hope you understand. Thanks.
I feel the heat is on every minute I'm on and that @#$% symbol pops up when in inventory mode. I dont know if I should stop playing or what?

Offline Big416stud

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 09:14 PM - 11/15/18 »
I understand the situation and why I'm being detected but I dont understand what you mean in the earlier post when you say I can bund the movement keys WASD to the 4 movement cursor buttons?

Would this be effective for the detection method I'm suggesting they're using currently?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 09:19 PM - 11/15/18 »
thanks for the feedback and its being looked into, tomorrow i will do some investigations by myself

just to be sure, did you try to bind the controller dpad to your WASD for inventory navigation?
This fixed it for other users so far (via the sub config suggestion i mentioned above, i can post a more detailed "how to" if you want to)

edit:
the concept is the following
right now you are basically using the left analog stick to navigate through the menu
you can also use the controllers dpad to do that through, since Fortnite only analyzes the left controller inputs your dpad will be fully fine when bound to the keyboard
aside from that the controller dpad has the same activation behavior as the keyboard so your inputs will not lock you out of the game

a sub config will take care of your inventory, it will basically switch your WASD to the dpad while you are in the inventory and will switch your WASD back to the character movement when you leave the inventory

Offline Big416stud

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 11:53 PM - 11/15/18 »
Ok Mr.Odin sir ,first off  I have managed to successfully playe over 3 hours with no detection . I just didnt touch the inventory mode at all. And had to strategically get a full load out then begin to arrange my weapons by picking up each thing to replace the order the way I needed. Time consuming yes but it is not to bad . I really cant lose my account sir i have so much money and time invested into this game.

Ok so back to the binding WASD keys to the new profile.
Ok so your steps were still a little hard to understand even the second time I'm sorry but I feel I'm may have already done it.

- I swiped right created a new profile

- I then entered into the activation page.

- I click on activation tab and assign activation key to " S"

- I then click advanced and assign deactivation key to "mouse button which is assigned to exit the inventory mode as well.

- I now go to buttons tab and assign the 4 way cursor buttons to W A S D.

- I now go back to activation page and uncheck inherit buttons from primary.

- Save everything and restart my game and application.

Unfortunately the problem still arises when this is done. Have I missed a step somewhere?

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me all day btw.

-
« Last Edit: 01:50 AM - 11/16/18 by Big416stud »