XIM Community

New APEX users and loving it  (Read 452 times)

Offline dark.neo29

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: darkneo29
New APEX users and loving it
« on: 06:17 AM - 10/20/18 »
Hey,
Was using the Cronus a few years ago and switched to PC gaming.. Game back to PS4 yesterday and picked up the Apex and WOW!!!! Its like 95% to PC keyboard and mouse after a few adjustments.  I do have a question though.  If I want to use PS4 remote play and the Apex for keyboard and mouse...How would this setup look???

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: New APEX users and loving it
« Reply #1 on: 06:32 AM - 10/20/18 »
hey and welcome to the forum!

ill move your topic to the feedback forum :)
as for your remote play question, i assume you refer to the windows10 remote play right?
if so your xim with mouse and keyboard would need to be connected to the device that is controlling the console
if that is your pc then this might not work out that well as the playstation controller driver is not so great plus the pc isnt a supported xim platform
this doesnt mean that it will not work, its just that the performance might not be as good as when playing directly with your console
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline dark.neo29

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: darkneo29
« Reply #2 on: 07:45 AM - 10/20/18 »
Thanks.  Yes remote play on a windows 10 comptuer.  So setup would be like this then.. PC->Apex-> Hub(Controller,Keyboard mouse) and then it should work fine with same type of performance as it is with PS4 and Apex?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 08:19 AM - 10/20/18 »
Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the community!
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:22 AM - 10/20/18 »
Thanks.  Yes remote play on a windows 10 comptuer.  So setup would be like this then.. PC->Apex-> Hub(Controller,Keyboard mouse) and then it should work fine with same type of performance as it is with PS4 and Apex?

thats the setup, but the performance might not be as good as it is with playstation and xim apex
the reason is that the pc is not a supported xim platform

also i cannot guarantee you that this works
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay