XIM Community

XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20181019]  (Read 10776 times)

Offline ElPaso3d

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: oHOFFMANo
Re: XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20181019] (**LATEST**)
« Reply #90 on: 06:22 PM - 10/30/18 »
I have been having to disconnect and reconnect my XIM due to the left and right mouse buttons not working. They are mapped to my R2 and L2. Once a power cycle happens it will work again. there is no timing to these power cycles. Sometimes it happens 10 minutes into playing sometimes it happens after several hours.  Im using the newest BETA.

Offline Deazly

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 06:28 PM - 10/30/18 »
Just wanted to drop a line here on my beta testing.

Been doing very well with 1019 on Fortnite. I use 4K DPI, 1000hz g502. Xim Link. Common sync. No curve. I think this is my sweet spot and have been doing fine.

Thanks.

Offline litezzzout

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 11:48 AM - 10/31/18 »
tested 1018 on BLOPS4, WASD movement was nice and fluid, i was getting 10-15 kills solo , and also 18 kill squad, i will try 1019 today, great job OBsIV

Keep in mind that this build only changes how Fornite works. I will be creating a version that does this for all games though in the future.

I can confirm this also affects other games, I'm playing bo4 with bo4 config and I can see random but still predictable drift from wasd keys on menu screen.
It would be nice if these drifts don't affect aiming while strafing.
If its possible please make wasd movement speed smoother like analog stick. If movement speed goes 0 to 100 it might also be dead give away of keyboard input.

Offline Barret

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xY_Barret_Yx
  • PSN ID: xY_Barret_Yx
« Reply #93 on: 02:50 AM - 11/02/18 »
tested 1018 on BLOPS4, WASD movement was nice and fluid, i was getting 10-15 kills solo , and also 18 kill squad, i will try 1019 today, great job OBsIV

Keep in mind that this build only changes how Fornite works. I will be creating a version that does this for all games though in the future.

I can confirm this also affects other games, I'm playing bo4 with bo4 config and I can see random but still predictable drift from wasd keys on menu screen.
It would be nice if these drifts don't affect aiming while strafing.
If its possible please make wasd movement speed smoother like analog stick. If movement speed goes 0 to 100 it might also be dead give away of keyboard input.

Predictable drift from wasd keys on menu screen.?

on aiming is better o worse on bo4?

Offline Abdulwaa

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 01:31 AM - 11/03/18 »
These do not affect BO4. The BO4 servers are trash, along with the tick rate. Just make sure to hop into your first server connect and don't allow the game to expand search for servers.

Offline swedishhousemafiaa

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bajs
  • PSN ID: BAjsba
« Reply #95 on: 12:39 PM - 11/09/18 »
Hi guys,

So which version is actually best to use? Retail or Beta?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 03:50 PM - 11/09/18 »
Hi guys,

So which version is actually best to use? Retail or Beta?
Retail works in all games. Your choice comes down to Aim Assist - if you want more, go with the beta. If you want less, go with retail.

The reason you get more AA is because left-stick analog movement has an effect that can't be felt on digital WASD. The beta firmware makes WASD more analog-like and exhibits more AA as a result.

AA can be friend or foe, depending on the game, so try both and go with the FW you prefer.

Offline LexusSpeed03

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 06:41 PM - 11/09/18 »
So I have been testing and coming to this firmware. So has the retail been updated so you don't get kicked cause this beta feels horrible with a 1:1 on mouse movements. It is very sloppy and lags behind. I thought this was only the left joystick needed to be modified so fortnite would not detect?

Would love someone to clarify if going back to retail firmware will experience kicks.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 07:53 PM - 11/09/18 »
Epic removed the digital input detection, the retail FW works perfectly.

Left-stick movement can affect aim assist, depending on the game. That may be what you're experiencing as the right-stick aim mechanics were untouched in the beta firmware.

Offline swedishhousemafiaa

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bajs
  • PSN ID: BAjsba
« Reply #99 on: 05:16 AM - 11/10/18 »

Left-stick movement can affect aim assist, depending on the game. That may be what you're experiencing as the right-stick aim mechanics were untouched in the beta firmware.

So which is better for Fortnite? Retail or Beta?

Offline Khaled87

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Khaledm87
« Reply #100 on: 10:07 AM - 11/11/18 »

hey!

can you refer me please to which retail version you mean.
last released non beta firmware, 20180501?

downloaded the flash tool, but it's not letting me "downgrading" since I have apparently a newer (beta) version.
only way around is to factory reset? and then I need to manually reinstall the profiles?

Thanks!
XBOX One | XIM APEX | Corsair K70 RBG rapidfire | Logitech G502 - 12k dpi 1000Hz | Mousepad: Corsair M300

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antec800
« Reply #101 on: 10:13 AM - 11/11/18 »

hey!

can you refer me please to which retail version you mean.
last released non beta firmware, 20180501?

downloaded the flash tool, but it's not letting me "downgrading" since I have apparently a newer (beta) version.
only way around is to factory reset? and then I need to manually reinstall the profiles?

Thanks!
Yes you must factory reset and no you donít have to redownload snd reconfigure your profiles just back them up on your desktop before you reset

Offline joeljmnz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: LORDBEAM
« Reply #102 on: 03:40 AM - 11/12/18 »
Having an issue where left click will randomly start firing without me clicking. It seems it goes away randomly. Happened in Fortnite, had to switch to something not so loud, haha. Any idea? I will also have to power on and off as sometimes the mouse isnít recognized.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 01:30 PM - 11/12/18 »
Having an issue where left click will randomly start firing without me clicking. It seems it goes away randomly. Happened in Fortnite, had to switch to something not so loud, haha. Any idea? I will also have to power on and off as sometimes the mouse isnít recognized.

it could be a power fault problem or the mouse itself, to better track this issue just create a new topic in the support forum :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline TroyMuni

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Troy Muni
Re: XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20181019]
« Reply #104 on: 03:52 PM - 11/19/18 »
I'm on the correct beta versions for both and don't see the analog movement feature in BO4.  Redownloaded everything (game profiles included) and confirmed the numbers on the version...don't see anything like that under movement.  Playing on Xbox, BO4.  How would I get this new feature???