XIM Community

XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20181019]  (Read 29726 times)

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antec800
Re: XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20181019] (**LATEST**)
« Reply #60 on: 02:49 PM - 10/21/18 »
I seem to be having  the aim assist troubles too.

Super sticky and can't get out of the bubble. AR can't laser anyone anymore and even close range shotguns it's sticking and not allowing me to correct it onto the enemy players.

What settings are people using for these? I'm currently using 18. I'm using 1000hz on both and 4k dpi with 15 hip and no ads profile

use an ADS profile as using the HIP profile for ADS will result in mouse acceleration and other weird mouse behaviour, which increases the aim assist
also update to version 19 as it gives the better character movements

if the aim assist is still a problem after that then use some of the known tricks to reduce the aim assist, such as sync off, 3000-4000 dpi or no smoothing
Wait really so many people have been saying itís better to run hip profile on the ads config no wonder I felt weird mouse movement almost all the time

Offline Racinette

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Raoidbunny7879
« Reply #61 on: 06:46 PM - 10/21/18 »
You guys are awesome

Offline pa7riq

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 07:52 AM - 10/22/18 »
19 is Perfect!!!! Thank you so much
Consoles: Xbox Series s
Display: MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD
Keyboard: Ducky one 2 mini
Mouse: Logitech G Pro X Superlight and Glorious PC Gaming Race Model O-

Offline Xdrqgol

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 08:58 AM - 10/22/18 »
I seem to be having  the aim assist troubles too.

Super sticky and can't get out of the bubble. AR can't laser anyone anymore and even close range shotguns it's sticking and not allowing me to correct it onto the enemy players.

What settings are people using for these? I'm currently using 18. I'm using 1000hz on both and 4k dpi with 15 hip and no ads profile

use an ADS profile as using the HIP profile for ADS will result in mouse acceleration and other weird mouse behaviour, which increases the aim assist
also update to version 19 as it gives the better character movements

if the aim assist is still a problem after that then use some of the known tricks to reduce the aim assist, such as sync off, 3000-4000 dpi or no smoothing
Wait really so many people have been saying itís better to run hip profile on the ads config no wonder I felt weird mouse movement almost all the time

how do you do this? someone care to explain?
8) Power Overwhelming 8)

Offline DrS1ck

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 09:16 AM - 10/22/18 »
thanks for the beta updates.

i have been using version 5.00.20181014 for the past week or soo and did not really feel any difference between version 5.00.20180402 and 5.00.20181014 in terms of aiming and looking around in fortnite (atleast not to a point that it would affect how i perform in the game), i have not been kicked out of any of the games i have played since the update to 5.00.20181014 (been playing everyday for the past week or so).

However there was one problem i had ever since i started playing on 5.00.20181014 and that was, that in the game (fortnite) i would get this frames skips/drops about every few minutes or so and it was like it would skip a frame (or frame drop and then it would be fine for a few minutes, not really sure about the frequency of the timing frame drop/skip would happen) it felt like i had a packet loss of about 5% or may be less just for a second and then it would be fine (even though i had no packet loss in the game and my ping wasn't even high). i am not sure if that was a problem with fortnite itself or it was caused by xim apex's firmware however i haven't faced that problem for the past few days or so. i haven't updated to 5.00.20181019 yet but will update soon and see how it feels too.

the other game that I mainly play is battlefield 1 and i tried playing a few games on this new firmware 5.00.20181014 and did not notice and difference. i am playing Black Ops 4 these days as well on firmware 5.00.20181014 haven't had any issues with that either but can't tell much as i am a total noob in that game.

Offline Xandar

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 10:47 AM - 10/22/18 »
Hey guys im new to this community and wanna say thanks to the hard work!!
This beta feels  great in fortnite.

In bo4 i have the problem that when i ads it is switching on and off. So the trigger isnt going al the way down when i use my mouse. More people having this problem?

Offline Riss51

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 09:05 PM - 10/22/18 »
What firmware should I use now that Epic removed the "ban" (I know it was not an actual ban) on Xim? I have been using the beta and had been enjoying it. So should I go back to the retail firmware 501? or continue using  the latest beta-version?

If anyone could also explain the pro/cons of both, I would greatly appreciate it.

Offline Deazly

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 09:47 PM - 10/22/18 »
What firmware should I use now that Epic removed the "ban" (I know it was not an actual ban) on Xim? I have been using the beta and had been enjoying it. So should I go back to the retail firmware 501? or continue using  the latest beta-version?

If anyone could also explain the pro/cons of both, I would greatly appreciate it.

Feel free to chime in everyone...

I'd summarize it like this.

Beta Fn Firmware: Help develop beta, possible AA increase, Possible noticeable WASD movement sway.

Retail firmware: Standard clean build.

Beta only affects Fn Game configs. Other games are currentl retail equal firmware.
Gameplay @ TWITCH and YouTubes

Offline Pythonz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pythonz EU
« Reply #68 on: 04:46 AM - 10/23/18 »
What Xim Apex manager do I need for this beta firmware?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: 06:10 AM - 10/23/18 by Pythonz »

Offline Jamez

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 04:50 AM - 10/23/18 »
What Xim Apex manager do I need for this bets firmware?

Thanks.

[MANAGER 20180528] It's the latest one.
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=66767.0

You can use either the latest firmware or the beta firmware, but you can still use the same manager for both.
LOGITECH G502 PROTEUS SPECTRUM-CORSAIR K70 RAPIDFIRE CHERRY MX SPEED-CORSAIR MM300 MOUSEMAT-TURTLE BEACH STEALTH 600

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #70 on: 09:31 AM - 10/23/18 »

Welcome to the community and thank you for trying out the Beta!
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Teckx

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 01:10 PM - 10/23/18 »

what do you mean? they are no longer kicking people for using m&kb?

edit: nm.. just saw the original post of this thread.. ill stick with 19

Offline Deazly

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 02:47 PM - 10/23/18 »
Getting plenty of solo wins on beta 1019. I did change my DPI. I raised it from 1200-3200 to 6000-8000. I'm a low DPI player but it feels better with a slightly higher DPI.

*shrug!*  :o
Gameplay @ TWITCH and YouTubes

Offline Redrabbit5

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 04:04 PM - 10/23/18 »

Welcome to the community and thank you for trying out the Beta!

No BETA firmware promote to gold ?
PS4 PRO | BenQ EL2870U | XIM Apex | Titan T2 | Azeron Compact | Glorious Model O | Scythe USB Pedal | Astro A50 |

Offline Unmindful

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 04:59 PM - 10/23/18 »
It works well enough, my only issue is that when navigating menus (within fortnite) it sometimes veers off. Say if I were to go into my inventory and scroll up or down, sometimes it goes diagonally up and right/left (if going up) or down and right/left (when going down). Other than that I've gotten used to the slight sway and only really notice it when I'm actively looking for it.