XIM Community

XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20181019]  (Read 29185 times)

Offline Db23

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: TT =
  • PSN ID: daveb
Re: XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20181019] (**LATEST**)
« Reply #30 on: 03:30 AM - 10/20/18 »
UPDATE: Our latest official retail firmware is no longer being blocked by EPIC. However, we will continue to provide our BETA firmware which unblocked XIM keyboard gamers on Fortnite so we can further refine the technology.

This is an updated experimental BETA firmware build designed to address the Fortnite disconnect issue for keyboard users.

Download (PC): http://cloud.xim.tech/Beta/XIMAPEXFlash-20181019-PC-BETA.exe
Download (Mac): Not yet available.

Please leave your feedback here and let us know:

1) Do you get disconnects, if so, how often and how far into the game do you get?
2) How does player control feel to you?
3) Does it feel better or worse than the last BETA -- if so, how?

Flash Upgrade Instructions (instructional video):
1. Hold down the button on your XIM APEX
2. Plug your XIM APEX into your computer while continuing to hold the button
3. Wait for your XIM APEX's light to display blue and then release the button
4. Download and run the XIMAPEXFlash tool
5. Select Update Firmware
6. Disconnect your XIM APEX from your computer after the tool completes

Been playing on build 16, Link stopped working after a couple sessions, everything been working for months and only 2 sessions on 16 and now cable not found error, anyone else have this problem? Updating hasnt fixed.

Offline Goopy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Goopy Hair
« Reply #31 on: 04:43 AM - 10/20/18 »
@#$% I miss having a windows computer  :'(

Offline Herculis

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 04:48 AM - 10/20/18 »
I would like to thank the whole XIM team for the great work and specially their fast response in developing updates to keep us playing. I just switched from the beta edition of 1013 to the latest original  update 501. I kinda feel that the aim is slightly different, but can you confirm that there is no way aiming is different? maybe it is just my mind trying to convince  me there is! while there is no change in term of aim!
PS4 | XIM Apex | G502 | Razer Tartarus V2

Offline dr_soldier

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: TDEROCHETTE
« Reply #33 on: 06:41 AM - 10/20/18 »
Thanks OBsIV for the awesome work ! This version is very similar to the 1018 and it feels very smooth.

Offline Seanren23

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Springbread4269
« Reply #34 on: 09:06 AM - 10/20/18 »
So we can go back to the retail firmware and not worry about getting kicked out anymore? All of the betas have worked well for me. But they have that slight drift which drive a ocd man crazy

Offline nutnsbolts

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 09:28 AM - 10/20/18 »
For what it's worth, I did revert back to the original gold version (the one that was kicking everyone). Definitely fixed so I can confirm that 100% it's no longer kicking.

I guess the question I have between the original and the 20181019 version. Would it suffice to say it's better than the gold version or is there a slight advantage/disadvantage between the two? Obviously, there is the "anti-kick, future proof fix" with 20181019. Would this replace the original gold version? Or will it be a choice since there is a slight difference.

I can't tell for the life of me between the two but I wish it was just simply black and white and not a gray area. :)

Offline blankcloud

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: platinumemerald
« Reply #36 on: 09:43 AM - 10/20/18 »
When will the MAC version be available. How much longer do we have to wait?  :-\

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #37 on: 09:49 AM - 10/20/18 »
When will the MAC version be available. How much longer do we have to wait?  :-\

It will be released today.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: xiiProG_NiTROiix
« Reply #38 on: 10:09 AM - 10/20/18 »
Can i ask what the changes actually are in this latest firmware compared to the 18 version?
Mainly play overwatch
Generally high master low gm ☺

Offline Xdrqgol

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 11:05 AM - 10/20/18 »
@OBsIV

I would recommend everyone who plays Fortnite to play with the BETA firmware due to the fact that EPIC rolled back their anti-XIM fix. They are trying to debug it even more thus , using the old firmware will expose more data.

Maybe I am wrong, but I think that is the reason why they undo their initial fix anti-XIM, so they can debug it even more and maybe make another fix for it that could block XIM for good.

Also maybe you could make a Locked thread so everyone reads this...ofc if you think is necessary.
8) Power Overwhelming 8)

Offline Undetected

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ha No Answer
« Reply #40 on: 11:11 AM - 10/20/18 »
Thats actually really scary, how would they detect Xim if it basically uses the controller input speed numerals now? They cant i just dont see it happening.. But it is Epic Games, i really hope its impossible at this point. I spent way too much money on this game to just suck with a dang anolog stick. And ya whats the difference between the 19 beta and 18?

Offline tmoula

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: tmoula
« Reply #41 on: 11:58 AM - 10/20/18 »
Me and my brother test beta 19 more hours but we fill beat 18 is best at aim assist we can kill fast no miss

Offline Xdrqgol

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 12:03 PM - 10/20/18 »
Thats actually really scary, how would they detect Xim if it basically uses the controller input speed numerals now? They cant i just dont see it happening.. But it is Epic Games, i really hope its impossible at this point. I spent way too much money on this game to just suck with a dang anolog stick. And ya whats the difference between the 19 beta and 18?

if they initially kicked us from the game while using the original firmware, I bet they can still detect us if WE ARE USING THE OLD ONE AGAIN.

IF WE ARE USING THE BETA FIRMWARE, we should be fine. That was my point, that we should all use BETA firmware...
8) Power Overwhelming 8)

Offline shthappensbro

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 12:14 PM - 10/20/18 »

Should I update to 19 ? But can I still play bo4 with no issues? I jump to game to game ? What do you think ? I play black ops 4 more atm haven't played fortnite in like 2 weeks or 3 I'm still on the solid build

Offline Xdrqgol

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 12:18 PM - 10/20/18 »

Should I update to 19 ? But can I still play bo4 with no issues? I jump to game to game ? What do you think ? I play black ops 4 more atm haven't played fortnite in like 2 weeks or 3 I'm still on the solid build

You should be ok with 19 as well ... but people already tested 19 so you can continue staying on 18. if you want to help and upgrade to 19 and if you find something weird,come back and report it here.
« Last Edit: 12:25 PM - 10/20/18 by Xdrqgol »
8) Power Overwhelming 8)

Admin